Old 10-06-2004, 12:04 AM   #1  
30 lost, 55 to go!

Default I'd like to introduce......me

Hello everyone. Just wanted to take this moment to jump in and let you all know who I am. I just joined today, and after surfing the site a bit felt that the crowd here was pretty cool.

My name is Jodee (for those of you that don't wish to call me Wonder Woman, tee hee). I am living in Canada (I wuz born here, eh?), and am 34 years old. Married, no kids, and really tired of being overweight. I have almost 100 lbs to lose, and that seems really hopeless, so I went surfing for somewhere to meet up with others in the same type of situation. I must say, this site seems to be filled with a lot of really nice people, and I hope that I fit in with you all.

My biggest challenge will be exercise, I have a damaged foot & knee so I'm not allowed to walk. I can swim...but getting out of the pool is a bit difficult. So today, I started using a Yoga video.....ouch. I'm not that bendy, but I'm working on it, ha ha.

Anyways, sorry for the long post - greetings to you all!
Wonder Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 08:24 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Jodee! Welcome to 3FC & 30-Somethings! Just about everyone I've come across on the site are wonderful, knowledgeable people. I was going to suggest swimming, before I read your next sentence! Is your foot/knee problem a temporary one, that is still healing, or permanent? Do you go to physical therapy? It seems like swimming/water aerobics is really your best bet right now, since you don't really need to be putting pressure on your bad foot. Anyway, feel free to join us on the "week of..." thread!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 02:39 PM   #3  
30 lost, 55 to go!

Thanks so much for the welcome.

Yes, my foot situation is hopefully temporary. I walked so much in the last 2 years that I built up a lot of scar tissue in the foot, and am in physical therapy right now 2 times a week to fix it. It is actually helping, so I look forward to healing! I agree, water aerobics is probably my best bet right now, I'll just make sure I'm the last one out of the pool so I don't hold everyone up. I'm going to ask my therapist if my foot could handle the shallow water workouts, as it is much easier getting out of the shallow pool. Biking is really good for it too, as it stretches out the arch, so I'm going to need to buy a bike soon.

I'll check out the "week of" thread you mentioned. I'm really looking forward to becoming a part of this community.
Wonder Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 09:43 PM   #4  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi Jodee,

Welcome to the 30's. You will find a lot of support here. There's a great bunch of gals here. Like Lauren said, come on over to the Week of thread. That's where we do our chattin'.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote