Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-20-2004, 08:40 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Monday, September 20th

Good Morning !!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I got up at 7:00 am to get ready for apple picking...it was awesome !!! the apples are beautiful this year, the mac's are HUGE !!! so we brought home 3 bags of red delicious and mac's. I plan on making alot of low calories deserts. I love just to bake them w/some cinnamon and raisins. YUM!!!

Then I came home, went food shopping, did laundry, cooked a chicken, some coleslaw for DH, cleaned the kitchen and cleaned out my car b/c we are trading it in for a new model. I'm getting ---- and I'm so excited. A 2005 Chrysler Town & Country touring edition, with heated leather seats 6 CD changer but mostly, DD will have a DVD player in it to watch TV...how spoiled is that ???? BUT !!!!!! the car is my favorite color LIGHT BLUE !!! So we are picking it up tomorrow. I have a 2002 town and country now, its silver and boy is it a nice car, but DH wanted to trade it in b/4 the miles got way up there, its got 31,000 now. I drive ALOT! Anyway, he said to me, you deserve it !! I was like, I don't deserve anything. Isn't that a shame that I feel like I don't deserve anything nice...which made me think about my weight loss efforts.......... hmmmmmmmmmmmm........ GET IT !!!!!! Need I say more

Soooooo I am trying to not think like this. Its hard.

I got on the scale this weekend and I lost 3 lbs I didn't think I was going to see that but I guess eating tuna fish 3 nights this week helped HAAAAAA!!!!

Cathy !!!!!!!!!!! yo Cathy CONGRATS on your WL !!!

WHats up with you guys ????
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 09:24 AM   #2  

With luck, we may have water by the end of the day! BBL!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 10:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Morning Gang!

thanks Leenie! that's awesome about getting a new vehicle! and yes YOU do deserve it! and woooooooohoooooooo on the 3 lb weightloss! that's awesome! some fresh yummy apples sure sound good. I like to dice them up and add them to my favorite yogurt with some cinnamon - yummy snack.

Tippy - sure hope you have some water today!

will check back later

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 12:58 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Thanks Cathy you know what else is good. Add apples to your tuna salad... MMMMMM!!!! the other day I added sweetpotatoes to my tuna, sounds kinda gross but man was it good.

Tippy good luck.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 02:13 PM   #5  

yep I add apples to tuna too and it is yummy good!
but sweet potatoes? I would have never thought of that
you are right tho it does sound kind of gross. lol
but I've been around long enough to know that you
gotta try something before you know what it will taste like
I may have to try that sometime.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:23 PM   #6  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hey Ladies!

It’s been an ok weekend. I spent most of it catering to James. My poor baby hurt his back I also did some shopping LOL We are going to be taking family pictures as soon as he feels better so I went shopping to see what cute outfits were out. Its sad I go shopping with my sister and she can go to these little outlet places and get tanks and shirts for like 3-5 bucks but for plus size women, I have yet to find a place where prices are even remotely close to that. For example… I bought 3 shirts and two tanks. Cost me $160. This is why I shop once every 10 years heh…

JudoMom - So you know what I do then. I work for the RSP program at a middle school. I basically run from class to class each period following students on my roster and basically helping them out when they get behind in class. Although this year it seems like I’m helping out other students more than my RSP students. I understand you when you say it’s been busy. For some odd reason the whole administration at our school was changed so new Principal, Asst. Principle, Dean of students changed to… It was HAVOC the first day. This is the third week in and we are still trying to locate all of our students. The first week we had about 2-4 students show up in the correct class when should have had 28! YIKES… but yes definitely understand hehehe. About your son, I think you’re right, it’s just a matter of time. I’m sure he’ll come around. I had the same reaction with my weight loss. I too also wore loose clothing… the hardest part was for me, myself, to see any sort of change. But people did notice in my face, but I just wasn’t seeing it. The good thing that I did was I took a starting off picture, so when I heard people commenting on me loosing weight I took another picture and compared them. I have it posted in my gallery, there’s a link in my signature… but yes I could now see what they were talking about. It was hard to look in the mirror myself to see, but comparing the two pictures, I definitely saw it!

Cathy – It must be nice to get over that threshold! Out of the 200’s and into the 100’s. It would be a huge goal for me to get out of the 300’s. I think tho, with classes and work going on, I’ll have something to keep me busy. It was hard just sitting around this summer, cause there was to much temptation to go to the fridge. I hit my 350lbs goal, but I sorta gained 4lbs I got sick tho, and then had an injury. It’s made me reassess my goals. Well not my goals, but my methods of how I am loosing. I think I need to raise my calorie intake and go a bit slower. I may have weakened my immune system during the process… so I’ve been spending time taking my vitamins and trying to stay healthy right now and improving my immune system.

Leenie – Woohoo congrats on getting a new car! You deserve to be happy. That’s what counts. Congrats on the 3 lbs gone too! Send some apples my way heheh specially the macs! No sweet potatoes for me

Tippy – wishing for the best for you with your water!

Take care ladies!
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 03:24 PM   #7  
CIN

Hi Gals
Happy Monday to ya!
It is beautiful here in Ky....nice and cool.high of 75 today.I almost dread going to Dallas Weds since Fall seems to have arrived here!

Busy & fast weekend..............nothing special going on.
In between meetings and heading out in a few to do two more..........funny you all mentioned tuna salad.I made a tuna stuffed tomato for lunch........usually HATE tuna especially with apples ( sorry hubby had me add them for years) but it was good. I just like different meals...speaking of.I gotta run and make something to pop in oven for supper
Byeeeeeeeeeeeee
Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 06:34 PM   #8  

We have WATER! I ran the dishwasher and Roger ran into the bathroom and SCRUBBED the toilet! Sounds silly but it made me itchy cause we had not been able to spare the water to really do much cleaning. The lawn is no more and the sidewalk is gone. Boy, and I had wished that I could do some landscaping there. Am glad I didn't! Tomorrow I'll do some majr cleaning.

We have to start packing up the room that will be remodeled. I reminded Rger to put one of the litter boxes upstairs so my neurotic cats will get used to them being up there while the remodeling goes on!

Oy vey! Double oy vey! Along with everything else going on, I think I developed a rash in my underarms. I bet it was the stress or the change in water cause we showered at DD's! Now what do I do? Stop using deodorant isn't an option!

Am off to take a nice leisurely shower in my very own shower--almost as nice as coming home from a vacation to my own potty!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 07:44 PM   #9  
Divine Gal

Default Happy Monday Ladies

Today me and Dh went to Kmart.I had to get a new toliet seat and a filter for my Brita pitcher.Plus I wanted to see what kinda halloweenie decorations they have.I can't believe people are already decorating for halloween.They had some great stuff but I wanted to wait till we got some more money.

I have been doing pretty well with my eating.I use some of my flexpoints but I am trying not to use them all.My allergies are starting to not be so bad.The nose spray really helps alot.I am also trying to get more water in my system.

Dh is going to make me meatballs and spaghetti on Thursdayits my birthday and he is going to make me this coconut cake I have been wanting since I saw it on food Network On Paula Dean's Home cooking.The points will probably be outrageous for it. The good thing is he is going to make spaghetti but use whole wheat spaghetti and the meatballs will be made with ground turkey.

But I am going to try and not eat all my flexpoints up before Thursday.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 08:59 PM   #10  

just got back from walking 2 miles
September Miles = 18

Tippy - enjoy your "rub a dub dub in your tub" hehehe

Cin - it's probably gonna be hot and humid in Dallas compared to what you've been having. sorry wish you were going to Beaumont or Houston rather than Dallas - I would try to see you if it were closer. wouldn't that be a hoot!

Lynnie - I didn't realize your birthday is the 23rd! we are one day apart! cool! Hope you have a WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY on Thursday! yep! save those points for the cake!

SueMarie - I love new clothes! just don't like paying for them either! hope James feels better!

Everybody Loves Raymond is on - gotta run!

nitey nite
Old 09-21-2004, 01:38 AM   #11  

Hello! I am new to the cite and just wanted to say hi.
I am getting my masters and certification in teaching (I couldn't figure out what I wanted to be when I grow with the first degree I just started my practicum at schools. I was wondering, SueMarie, what is an RSP program. You sound super busy! Nice to meet you all.
tmk620 is offline   Reply With Quote