Old 09-14-2004, 08:10 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Tuesday Chat, September 14th

Good Morning

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 08:12 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Morning Leenie...how're you?? Can you believe it's ONLY Tuesday?? UGH!!!

I have a chiropractor appt after work today. Then I have to go to the post office, and then go to the grocery store (DH is out of the mustard he uses ALL the time). So by the time I get done w/all that the DD's should be home. No GS for oldest DD.....my co-leader didn't follow through on what she said and didn't call the girls. So NOBODY knew there was supposed to be a meeting. And when was she going to tell ME???? Looks like I might not be co-leader after all because DD doesn't want to join if they're going to meet on a weekend....and that's what it sounds like she (co-leader) wants to do (so that ALL the girls have a chance to come). Well, looks like she'll be losing a co-leader! Been OP yet...but the weekend isn't here either.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 08:38 AM   #3  

Good morning ladies!

Leenie: Good morning! *hugs*

Brenda: Wow, sounds like you have a super busy day. Keep OP, I know you can do it!!! Since it's only Tuesday, you have lots of OP days to practice til the weekend Sorry to hear about your GS experience. Some of my fondest memories were from GS. It is always a challenge to work around busy schedules, especially as the kids get older. How old are your girls? *hugs*

Have a safe day everyone!!!

Hugs
Jules
Loozingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 09:09 AM   #4  
The Princess O' Pets

LC Chickies RULE!!

hahahahahaha I just had to say that!

MOrning Miss Leenie!

B- Yeah for staying OP, awh the weekend will be a piece of cake.....but not literally unless it is LC cake.

Hi Jules, have a great day!!!

Well I talked to my boss about the pod thing and she said to give her a couple weeks and she is going to move us all around again and get me back into the pod, and they mved some full-time people over there so at least I am not by myself anymore but they are not from my team. Got a filling at the dentist yesterday and the dang tooth needed so much novacain caue the old filling was deep my jaw i all sore from all the shots. All I could eat last night was soup but I found this great LC soup....Carb Focus Tuscan Style Tomato and it was sooooooo good, the only thing that sucks is that the whole can would be 18 grams, so you have to eat 1/2 and 1/2, but what the **** I just ate the whole can cause i was feeling so crappy and so hungry since i went to the dentist before I had lunch! Damn was I hungry! But at least it was legal.

Have a great day!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 09:33 AM   #5  

Good morning

Leenie:

Brenda: Well at least without the GS thing you will have more time
Good for you staying OP yesterday. I sure didn't. Today is another day.

Jules: What are you up to today?

Theo'sgirl: Sorry about the tooth. I hate that. It will get better today....take some advil....that will help.

I am determined to be OP today. I have all the right stuff with me so I just need to stay away from the vending machine and the stupid candy corn that they put out in my department! I don't even like candy corn!
Went and bought three new bras yesterday......down a cup size! Back size was down a bit too but stayed with a 38 just for comfort. Glad to be back down to my small chested self
Became a member of the American Legion Women's Auxiliary last night. There are some great things these women do for veterans. It will be nice to be involved. My husband is a member so I could join under him. We are clipping coupons for the next couple months and then they get sent to a local base and are distributed to the families on base. We also have a gift shop for a local veterans home during Christmas. We buy small gifts (we need about 100 or so) and then the men can go to this shop and pick out gifts that they want to give to their family members. They don't pay for anything it is just nice for them to be able to give something to their relatives who visit them during the holidays.

Anyway............going to plan out a menu for the rest of this week. I need to be back on track baby!
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 11:42 AM   #6  

Theo's: I'm glad you got to talk to your boss yesterday and things went well! Sorry about your tooth. I hope it feels better this morning. I'll have to look for that soup. I found a great LC chicken tortilla soup by Progresso...I want to say it has 6 carbs but I can't remember.

Jane: Good morning! I'm just cleaning and organizing my stuff for school (starting Oct.4) Yeah for the cup size loss! Thank-you for all of the work you are doing for our troops. As a military spouse I know those things are greatly appreciated, especially for the lower enlisted and the deployed!

Hugs!
Jules
Loozingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 12:10 PM   #7  
Somethin's gotta give

Leenie! Hope your day goes great!

Brenda well, at least your daughter is the one making the choice to let it go if it's on weekends, my 7 year old would go to ANYTHING, even if it met at midnight if it meant she could wear a uniform....girl is crazy for uniforms

Jules: I love your picture, what pretty hair

TG- Yeowwee....I've got major dental stuff in my mouth and I hate going to the dentist...hope it calms down soon

Jane- Can I give a gift or two to the AL in my town for that? Do all AL's do it?

Have a great day everyone!
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 12:16 PM   #8  

Marie: In order to be a member you have to be a daughter, sister, mother, wife or step-daughter of someone who served in the armed forces. I think each post has a group and they probably do something similar. You could contact the nearest American Legion post and inquire about the Auxiliary and what fundraising events they have or how you could assist. Good to see you back by the way!

Jules: I have never been a joiner so this is new to me. My husband was raised in a military home and his brother is a bronze medal recipient from Vietnam. DH served in the reserves. He is really proud of all this and I think is happy that I decided to join.

Boy I'm cold!!!!!! It is getting cool around here and work has the A/C blasting of course. I have my jean jacket on and still I am freezing. Brrrrrrrrrr
Old 09-14-2004, 12:55 PM   #9  

Red face Hi all!

I am new to here and am doing the Atkins diet. I have lost about 15 lbs in the last 3 weeks. I have many more to go. I started at 270 and currently weigh in at 255 (and it's the bad time of the month ) I do well drinking my water and now I am past the bread cravings, which is the hardest thing for me to give up. I swear I could live on bread and milk alone, but I probably wouldn't be able to fit thru the door! I think it's wonderful all of the support here. I hope to post back often and maybe insert some progress "pics". I wish everyone here much success.

Stats: 5'9" CW 255 SW 270 GW 140-150 Age: 44 (but act 24!!! LOL!)
Bugsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 12:57 PM   #10  

Ah Ha!!!! Someone else who is 44! Thank God....now I am not the only one.

Welcome Bugsrocket: you will enjoy it here. It has been a little quiet lately but things should pick up. Check out the FAQ post. Has a lot of good information in it. Although it sounds like you are doing just fine.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:01 PM   #11  
Somethin's gotta give

I'm 44 too!....Hmmmmm, I heard on the today show this morning that "50 is the new 30" for women....we're just babies.....hehe....

welcome Bugsrocket....I like the name, it's not after the cartoon is it?
Old 09-14-2004, 01:03 PM   #12  

Sure, sure....where were the two of you last week when the youngens where staging a revolt!
Old 09-14-2004, 01:05 PM   #13  
Somethin's gotta give

I was probably locked in the bathroom frantically swigging Geritol....
Old 09-14-2004, 03:03 PM   #14  

I wish I married a plastic surgeon!
Old 09-14-2004, 03:44 PM   #15  
Baby Steps

Oh my. this place is a riot today!!

Buggsie: Welcome to the funhouse Feel free to join our chat anytime. We tend to get quiet times but there are also days you can barely keep up. Keep up the good work!!

Marie: My oldest DD doesn't want to join ANYTHING. She loves to play basketball but refuses to try out. She's shy and really SHOULD join for her own good. But I'm not the type to push her because I'M shy and would hate someone doing that to me. Did you send your DD to a school that they HAVE to wear a uniform?? That might cure her of the urge to want to wear them

Jane: Sounds like the AL is a very good cause. Guess I never realised they did so much. They must not around here cuz I would think we'd have heard from them? Good job on the bra shopping. I admit---I bought my first "real" bra (in ages) yesterday. Usually I wear sports bras but Walley World doesn't sell them here anymore. OMG I couldn't believe the size I had to buy. NO WAY am I THAT big (36D!!!!!). And how the heck do people WEAR THESE CONTRAPTIONS?? I want my sports bras back!!! I want a breast REDUCTION!!!!

TG: Don't worry about staying OP until that mouth heals. Didn't they give you anything for pain? I had a root canal and they shoved a prescription for vicoden (sp? ) into my hand on the way out the door. I got it filled because I had no clue if I'd need it or not. Whatever happened to Tylenol 3 w/codeine?? Hope you feel better soon and good job on getting the pod situation taken care of

Jules: Are you looking forward to school starting again? You must take the summer off? Or was it just a little break? My oldest daughter just turned 12 and youngest is 9 (turns 10 in November!!). Oldest wouldn't join GS if I wasn't there to help out...youngest would join the Navy if she could

Well, another work day gone. Still OP and and doing ok. Bougth a 2 LTR bottle of pop--but plan on only having a glass a day. I was thirsty and have wanted to try the Dt Coke w/vanilla. It's pretty good. Got invited to the in-laws for a cook-out Saturday....so hopefully I can stay OP. We get to bring something so guess what I'm bringing.......a veggie w/dip tray I may be OVER my carb count but at least I'll have something LC to eat
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote