View Poll Results: How do you celebrate ie end of school promotion etc. . .
going out pubbing clubbing 5 26.32%
a "date" with friends/bf/hubby for a movie or other fun thing 5 26.32%
Shopping 7 36.84%
food *cough* 1 5.26%
hodgmagandy (im a rotten speller) 1 5.26%
other please explain 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2001, 01:33 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Thumbs down

its my last week of school not including finals as i have been the absent kierie butt i stayed up long enuf to post lol and write a few papers
next week is the diet doc so im trying to be extra good and get a little farther down on the scale
Rutgers fest and ag field3 day are this coming weekend so im banking points like there is noo tomorrow there both pretty well known for drinking i think i will hve to pick one to drink at lol

Kirsty how was the show?
Lolly congrats on the 50!!!!!!!!
Belle: im so glad the bf stuff is going well and that you and his sis are becoming friends!
anyway my darling girls hve a wonderful start to your day im off to dreamland
*hugs^
Kierie
Old 04-25-2001, 05:28 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

Default morning!

hello girls,
well tonight i'm off to see the show recorded! it's called "so graham norton" and it's a chat show hosted by a gay irish man. very amusing. he asks the audience about their embarassing moments at the beginning, then interviews a couple of guests (usually gay icons), goes out into the streets of london, phones america on his doggyphone and then plays a game with the audience at the end. we've to bring in pictures of ourselves and make a book cover for an autobiography or a summer blockbuster...
will let you know how it goes tomorrow! i've got a pop-up kid's book about skeletons which i'm calling "calista flockhart's autobiography"! busy sticking pictures of calista's head onto the skeletons now....

kirsty

Last edited by Kirsty; 04-25-2001 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-25-2001, 07:21 AM   #3  
flibbertobbergenie!

Helloooooooooooooo!

I am sitting in front of my computer trying really really hard to start my next chapter but it is so much more fun to play on the internet. I am doing the easy bit, which is the introductory stuff, and hoping that that will get me into the swing ... but right now I'm procrastinating and thinking about going for lunch. Bad me!

Kierie, good to hear from you again, bet you're looking forward to the end of school - what's the ag3 field fest? Sounds fun ... we don't have big end of term parties here. Maybe we should ... in Spain they have end of year trips where the whole class goes on holiday together.

Kirsty - give my love to Graham! I think you should tell the girls what you did last time you went to see him...

back later!
Lolly
xxx
Old 04-25-2001, 08:39 AM   #4  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Good morning!

Kirsty - that's such a funny idea. I laughed pretty hard.

Kierie - Congrats on almost being done with school. I bet you're are psyched!

Lolly... maybe you should spill the beans for Kirsty Just kidding.

Anyway, today wil be tough. Going out for lunch AND dinner. I'm doing the salad thing for dinner I know...so hopefully won't be so bad.

READ THIS PLEASE! Okay - I have the most awful story. I totally felt just awful yesterday. Hear it goes.... at my gym, when you want to use a cardio machine, you sign up for it... so that people aren't waiting around for machines to open up. Anyway, I love the elliptical trainers, and I signed up for one. When it was time, someone was still on the machine I signed up for. So I went to the bathroom and to fill up my water bottle, hoping she'd be off by the time I got back. Well, she was still on it. So I went up to her and politely told her that I was signed up for that time slot. She looked pissed and was like, "well I have 12 minutes left to go." All the other elliptical trainers were taken, or I would ahve moved on. So I said "well, I've signed up for this time slot, and all the others are taken." She totally became a drama queen and grabbed all her stuff and huffed off the machine. Then as she walked away she said "That's okay - you obviously need it WAY more than I do." I was shocked!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't belive someone could be so mean. I honestly was very nice about asking her to get of the machine. People do it all the time and most people are like "oh, sorry - sure." when they aren't signed up. It totally upset me so much. I think it's been years since someone has said something mean about my weight to my face like that.

Sorry - I thought I'd share. Why are people so cruel sometimes?

Lisa
Old 04-25-2001, 08:59 AM   #5  

Default HELLO TO ALL

Good morning everyone!!!

Kirsty-have fun on the show! sounds like a blast! interested in the last time adventure?????

Lisa- some people are just ignorant, I have recently been e-mailed some funny advice that might help you....
Remember when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles to frown BUT it only takes 4 muscles to reach out and slap them upside the head! (the original had naughty language so I toned it down but you get the idea)

Anyway ladies I hope you all have wonderful days.
back later

Tammy
Old 04-25-2001, 09:02 AM   #6  

I forgot to ask.... how did you all get those little pics and phrases under your name????????

Tammy
Old 04-25-2001, 09:04 AM   #7  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Lisa: I bet that woman was really embarresed and did not know how to handle it. How rude! I would let it go and remember, there are always going to be rude people...but we don't have to let them get to us. You are not in the wrong...she was, so don't feel bad about asking her to get off the trainer!

Kirsty: So tell, what did you do last time?

Lolly: Write the chapter (I am the queen of procrastination, so I know where you are coming from).

Kierie: Have fun when school is out.

Ok, must go. Be back soon.

trish
Old 04-25-2001, 09:31 AM   #8  
Scotland's finest export

Lisa - that woman sounds like a total *****. she was obviously so pissed off that someone would dare ask her to move that she decided to get her own back. by the sounds of it i think she would have made that catty remark whether or not you were overweight. i know it is hard but do try to ignore it. even better use that anger to keep you on the straight and narrow! and remember, next life she's coming back as a dung beetle.

ok. last time i went on the show that i'm going to see tonight i put my fist in my mouth. ta da!
but i've promised my mother i won't do anything embarassing tonight!!

better do some work since i've been busy cutting out pictures and sticking them onto my book all day!

kirsty

ps hi trish, lolly etc!
pps tammy - check out edit profile and options and avatar. you can find out how to change things and add pictures using that....let me know if you need more specific help.
Old 04-25-2001, 09:55 AM   #9  

Default Back today, gone tomorrow

Busy week with work yesterday and tomorrow though the rest of the week is pretty slow. I went over points on Monday at the meeting at my house. And, my A/C went out and it was 86 degrees in the house. I felt terrible becasue I had 20 women there for the meeting. It was unbearable.

VENT: I am still fighting to get the A/C fixed but the repair people that were called by my home warranty company won't give you a time that they are coming so they expect you to be home. they told me this morning that there are 3 calls ahead of me. I won't be there when they want to come I am sure since I work an hour away. what a waste. I am very frustrated. I need someone to come before 8am or after 3:30!!!! don't these people realize that some of us work far from home!

Ok, so I went over by about 8 points on Monday, I was under by 1 yesterday but I did get 9 exercise points in the past two days. I am ok for today, lunch and dinner are already planned and I hope to be at my min for the day plus the gym. tomorrow I am going out to lunch and that will be harder but I hope I can get a salad.

Kristy - Have fun at the show tonight. Sounds hilarious.

Lolly - Fabulous weigh lotss. that is super that you did so well while you were gone! You are a star!

Lisa - that woman sounds horrible. I agree that she probably didn't know what to say but it is still very rude!

Ali & Kierei, I am so jealous that you are done with school! I have 2 classes to finish up, one that I have to take an incomplete on - class from ****. I am walking at graduation in May but don't feel like I should anymore. too late since grnadmother, father nd uncle are coming.

Trish, Angie, Kay - I will be trying to conceive in a few months as well and plan to try charting. I am going off BCP next month and am very excited about it.

Hi to Brenda, Stacey, Tonya, Shaylene, Belle, Suzanne and everyone else I can not name. Hope you are all having a good Hump Day. I am ready to speed up the week!

Sarah
194.4/162.8/153WW
Old 04-25-2001, 09:59 AM   #10  
flibbertobbergenie!

Default Go on - try it!

Kirsty, you make it sound like it's something anyone can do. I can get THREE KNUCKLES in my mouth when I try it!!!! So either I have a very small mouth or a very large hand ... Well, I think it's a very special talent and you should be proud!!!

Lisa, Tammy, Trish - helloooooooooo! I am not writing my chapter, obviously. I did get some of the intro drafted but this afternoon I am home to do some reading. Ok, at the moment I'm reading the UK guide to Buffy the Vampire Slayer but just as soon as I get to the end of Series 3 I'm going right on to Judith Butler (scary feminist philosopher everyone keeps telling me I should read...).

Lisa: what a *****! but I agree with Trish and she was probably embarrassed. I know I would have been. And Kirsty's right - it wasn't exactly a considered personal attack, she was just lashing out. Anyway, you got your time! Was it a good workout?

Tammy - like Kirsty says, go into profile (at the top of the page), then edit, and have a play! I got my jumping spider off another site, but there are a few cute ones in the 3FCs site.

Guess what? Blokey's parents just gave me a truly evil cookery book - Nigella Lawson's 'How to be a Domestic Goddess' - it is full of fabulous baking recipes. Omigod, I have to try them, there are full colour photos and everything. I will have a go, because I love baking, but will definitely give most of it away ... And yes, I'm the saddo who checked 'food' on the poll. I love going out to restaurants - for the social experience, of course (ahem...). It's Blokey's 30th on Friday, so wish me luck ...!

hugs,
Lolly
xxx
Old 04-25-2001, 10:04 AM   #11  
Eve's Mom

Default In rush

But two things I must say:

One, Lisa, some people are totally @ssholes. I would have cried had that been me. But you knwo the other people listening were probably like, what a Beeach!! So, don't worry too much, and DON"T let it stop you from going to the gym....You are doing so awesome. When you are at goal, find that girl and say something rude to her back (by then you won't want to, being at goal will be enough anyway ) HIG CYBER HUGS

And.....although TOM is late (uh-oh!!) and I ate an easter creme egg yesterday that plopped me 3 points over, I was 210 on my scale today, and I already walked 22 min (was sweating on the way to work). I feel awesome!!

Have cramps though...adn a meeting, so hello to the rest of you and I'll write later.

Belle
Old 04-25-2001, 10:41 AM   #12  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default TGIW!!

Nope, didn't go to WI, yup, I'm a chicken. Bok bok bok

Why is it that the week my boss is gone, I'm totally busy? No Fair!

Hello to everyone...
I'll try to jump back on later, but I must get my work done. It's piling up to my ears!

Adios!
Old 04-25-2001, 10:45 AM   #13  
flibbertobbergenie!

Omigod the excitement is almost too much to bear ... just had a fire alarm IN THE RAIN, and then I got an e-mail to tell me I have been selected as a beauty product tester for Eve magazine! Don't know yet what they want me to test, but hopefully it's something yummy and expensive ...

Still procrastinating (can you tell?)

Lxxx
Old 04-25-2001, 10:51 AM   #14  
Scotland's finest export

lolly - did you read eve last month? i loved the coverline "get the body of a 25-year-old". i'm like, but i am 25!! hooray!
Old 04-25-2001, 11:31 AM   #15  
Parrothead

Default My, My this site is busy today!

Hi everyone! I just sat through another meeting yuk! I don't know why I was in such a rush to get finished with college because the working world is just the same...we sit around and TALK about what we should do instead of actually doing it. AHHHHH! At least college was interesting. Oh well, maybe I'll get to go back next year.

Lisa ~ I am soooo sorry that girl was such a clown. I hate ppl like that. When that stuff happens to me, I just remember that they are stupid and I am smart and I can lose the weight and they can never gain intelligence. Also, you have manners and she doesn't so she'll probably get it in the end!

Lolly ~ I don't feel like doing any work either. You are not alone. What it the book about again? That is so great that you can write a book. I write for a living and all I can do is technical documents and training manuals. BORING

Kirsty ~ Have fun at the show! I am laughing really hard now just imagining it! The only funny talk show here is Jerry Springer, and it is more sick than funny. I do like Dave Letterman, but it comes on so late that I usually fall to sleep before.

Sarah ~ Whoo Hoo on TTC! Me and DH are still just practicing, but I do have a bit of the baby fever. We kinda want to run off to Europe first. We'll see...My problem is that I don't know if we'll ever be completely ready for kids (who is). In a way it'll probably have to be an "accident" because we're both a little chicken to take the leap. Good Luck!

Hi to everyone I'm not mentioning! I WI at lunch so cross your fingers for me...

Kay
Closed Thread