Old 09-03-2004, 08:15 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Friday, Sept 3rd Chat

Good Morning,

My last summer hour friday is today I'm gonna miss leaving at noon to pick up DD and spend time w/her.

I went to a new doctor yesterday and I have walking pneumonia. So she gave me all sorts of meds and I guess I'm on my way to getting healthy. Finally !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you realize I've been dizzy, fevers, coughing, can't breath, throwing up, and extremely weak since July 4th week !!! Whats with doctors ??? can't they diagnose anything out of the norm ? This new doctor was a woman and she looked like sally field in her really YOUNG days, I mean I felt like giving her a lolly pop when I was done LOL

Well boss man should be here any second, I'll pop back in later !!

Love you all !!

Hugs !
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 08:29 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Hope you get better soon. Hopefully Sally knows what she's talking about That's a LONG time to be sick! doctors--sometimes I wonder about them!

Well, nothing new here. I think I reported everything new yesterday. I get to go finish off my root canal today (oh joy). Then I get to bowl tonight. So hopefully the rest of the root canal doesn't bother me!! Still OP but had the munchies last night. Had 1 toffee square (LC bar) and that seemed to help. So that's a good thing Asked oldest DD if she wanted to start running with me. She said she would--told her I wasn't starting until it cooled off a little. Joined Flylady--but can't do any of her suggestions until probably tomorrow! HOPEFULLY I can do what she says and get this place de-cluttered! "everything has a place"...WHERE????????????
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 09:00 AM   #3  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning ladies,

Well I am formally de-cluttered and I am ready to move on to yard sale tomorrow!! I spent yesterday going through the last closet and the shed and now I am so ready for the sale cause everything is bagged up and you can't even see the floor in my room. I talked to the manager at the gym yesterday and he told me he was not aware that the boy at the gym was not being supervised and that was not OK with him, he said he would handle it with his mom. I felt bad but then I thought "I pay 45.00 a month for the daycare at the gym to watch my kids,why shouldn't she pay for daycare too??" and make sure her child is safe and not bothering people while they are working out. But the manager guy was nice and he understood and said he would decide with the mom what the best thing to do is. So I feel better about that.

I was OP yesterday but I was so hungry I got a little overboard, but oh well it was all legal stuff.

B-good luck at the dentist, i went to the endodontist and I don't need a root canal (thank god) but I have to go get a crown. Hope yours goes easy and painless!

Leenie: I am sure you will start feeling better soon, and if your other doctor couldn't diagnose that i am glad you switched!!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 09:44 AM   #4  

Good Morning Everyone!

Leenie: Hope that you feel better soon! Enjoy your last early Friday!!!!

Brenda: Good Luck at the dentist. Have fun bowling tonight!

TG: Hope you have a great time at the sale and make lots and lots of money!! We're planning on having one when it cools down a little here!

Well, yesterday was an awful day! DH got in the shower and we had no hot water. He found out that our hot water heater was leaking into our spare bedroom. By the time we found it the room was almost flooded. So, he got a new water heater, and we have finally about got the carpets dried in the bedroom. He decided to take the day off work yesterday to deal with all that, and I am sure glad he did! Hopefully today will be a better day! TGIF!!!! I have to work tomorrow night for a few hours for a girl. She couldn't find anyone else to work it since it's a Saturday night on a holiday weekend, so I told her I would. Good thing is though now she's covering for me a day next month when I take my vacation! So, guess one more Saturday won't hurt me. I told them that after this, that's it though. I need my 2 days off together to get some rest! Well, hope everyone has a fabulous day. I'll check in a little later!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 09:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

TG - I'm so glad the manager was so receptive! I hope things work out wonderfully.

Kerri - I agree with Star. It disappears but takes work. And trust me you are going to want to work it!

I had butt surgery! And you guys didn't know because it was sudden and I felt horrible for a couple of weeks. I had a problem with my hemarhoids (sp) on a Sat, Sunday I was in ER, Monday I was off work and at my family doctor, who promptly referred me to a surgeon. I had an appointment at the surgeon for Wed (all in the same week). By the time I left his office I had an appointment for surgery on Tuesday!!! I then had two weeks of surgery leave. I had a follow-up two days ago. I'm off for another week and a half.

Sorry, I didn't tell you guys! I have enjoyed the time off! My surgeon is very generous with recovery time and I have surgery leave to still pay me while I'm at home! So, now that I'm feeling better, things aren't so bad. The nice thing is that I didn't want to eat and I actually lost a pound through recovery!

Jane - You have a ball with that siggy. I love seeing my little guy dance his way down the numbers. I'm glad you like it and hope it helps you too.

A BIG HELLO to everyone. It's good to be back. Now I just have to get back to my exercising, so I'm going to do my Tae Bo workout!! See ya soon!!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 09:54 AM   #6  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good Moning all!

How is everyone? I just realized this morning I posted on Wednesdays thread yesterday!

In a nutshell, I went to see my OB yesterday.. and I am tentatively scheduled for a Hysterectomy on October 25th. By tentative, I mean I am definately doing it, just not sure if the hospital has the room that day. I'll be in teh hospital 3 days baring complications then home. I will have a total abdominal hyster, hoping to keep one ovary so I wont have HRT!

funny thing, I am at peace with it now.. cried yesterday.. but at peace...

Leenie - School starts next week for DD?

Brenda - I have been doing Fly Lady for a couple of years now. She is AWESOME! Good luck with the root-canal and have fun bowling! Another runner in the group! WAH HOO!

TG - Im glad you got that problem at the gym aired with the manager. Good luck with the G-sale!

Lisa - OMG - I am glad you have everything fixed but what a way to start the day! I KNOW today will be better!

I'll be by later. Gotta go to the Girl Scout Store and get patches and Try-Its for my girls first meeting! I cant believe we are here already! WOW!!

Later~
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 09:56 AM   #7  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriAS
I had butt surgery! And you guys didn't know because it was sudden and I felt horrible for a couple of weeks. I had a problem with my hemarhoids (sp) on a Sat, Sunday I was in ER, Monday I was off work and at my family doctor, who promptly referred me to a surgeon. I had an appointment at the surgeon for Wed (all in the same week). By the time I left his office I had an appointment for surgery on Tuesday!!! I then had two weeks of surgery leave. I had a follow-up two days ago. I'm off for another week and a half.
LORI! OMG! We were posting at the same time! I am glad you are feeling better! But WOW! I hope the rest of your recovery goes smoothly! Take care and dont over do!

BTW.. I have been thinking about using your siggy too! I love watching him go down too..
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 11:08 AM   #8  
Movin' and Losin'

Star: Good luck on your whole-house cleaning!

Leenie: I hope you finally get to feeling better.

Brenda: Have fun bowling!

TG: Glad you are getting the situation worked out at your gym.

Lisa: What a terrible day! Glad everything is fixed.

Lori: Hope your recovery goes well.

Karen: I'm glad you're at peace with the decision.

Nothing major going on here. Just keeping an eye on the hurricane. I suppose I should go and get some supplies today, just in case.

For some reason, I ate a McDonald's value meal last night. I'm not sure why. All of a sudden, I was at the drive through and ordering. I really have no idea what triggered that!? Anyway, that has happened and is done, and I am moving on today!

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 12:20 AM   #9  
Baby Steps

Just thought I'd pop in and let you all know bowling was a BLAST!!! The root canal wasn't Face is kind of achy so I'll be taking some advil and heading to bed. Can't say I was OP tonight. Did good until we went bowling. Then I wasn't paying attention and before I knew it I was drinking straight Coke!! Then to top it off I came home and ate (nachos and cheese dip. ritz w/cheese spread. LC wrap w/cheese, lettuce & ham) OMG I can't believe I did that!!! After I had done so well this week! ARGH!!!! Tomorrow it's dinner at my parents house--so I'm hoping to do well there! Not going to (try) blow the whole weekend!!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 06:03 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Thanks Girls !!!

Jina, stay safe during the storm !!! we'll be praying for you.

Karen, no school for DD, she just turned 3 a couple of weeks ago. But she is going to Dance School starting Sept 13th, one night a week. They do dance & gymnastics, and then she also attends Sunday School at our church but no regular school yet. Good luck w/the operation, you know this group will be praying for you.

TG, glad you spoke to the Gym people about the young boy.... its just a sad thing when you have a special child, my heart goes out to family's that do.

Brenda hang in there !!! youll do good at your parents if you put your mind to it... ICK on the tooth.

Lori, man that surgery sounds painful... glad your feeling better (((eeech ooouch))).

Lisa, how are you feeling ? you know when I was in my 5, 6, 7 th month I LOVED IT!!! I felt wonderful.

Well off to check out the other threads.... HUGS EVERYONE
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote