Old 08-21-2004, 12:47 PM   #1  

Default Frustrated but still Fighting.....

Hi All...I am new to this board and really need some encouragement. I am 27yrs old and at my heaviest weighed 302lbs. I'm 251 now, but can't help remember my college days when I weighed 145. I want to get back to that weight so badly, I'd even be happy with 160.

I got married last September and at that time weighed 225. Obviously, I have gained some weight back. I've tried Atkins, WW, Phentermine and Curves. I realize the weight won't come off overnight, but I am still getting frustrated. It's really sad when it comes time to go out with friends and I want to back out because I don't have anything to wear.

My husband is severly obese and really doesn't help to motivate me. He isn't motivated to lose weight himself, but that is another story.

The good news is I have recommitted myself to my weightloss journey; I have lost 10lbs this month. I have begun to work out with a Personal Trainer and have started WW again. I would love to go back to Curves as well, but I haven't been there in a while and have gained some weight back. I feel too ashamed.

Any encouragement and/or stories would be greatly appreciated!!!!!
MU PiPhiToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 05:06 PM   #2  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

welcome welcome welcome!

you deserve congratulations for your weight loss, from your highest weight and currently. losing weight is tough stuff. i like the idea of setting small goals for yourself and rewarding yourself along the way. Like, if you lose 10 pounds, get your nails done or something else nice for yourself.

it's hard to lose weight when you don't get a lot of support at home. my boyfriend just eats whatever and isn't overweight, so i am kind of on my own when it comes to making healthy choices. this is a great place to come for that kind of support.

it's great that you are committed to losing weight. you shouldn't be ashamed to go back to curves. there is nothing to be ashamed of. you should be proud to be going back and trying to improve yourself.

i hope you stick around this board and i get to talk to you some more soon!!
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote