Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-19-2004, 09:07 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Red face Thursday Chat, August 19th

Good Morning,

Sorry I can't play today, I got a ton of work to catch up on.

Everything is find and dandy here

Whats going on with you guys today ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 10:41 AM   #2  
Sparkly Like A Holiday

Hey ladies...

Not gonna say much today, not feeling well - side effects from a new medication.

Hope you're all well!
zannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 11:21 AM   #3  
CIN

Good Morning Everyone,
First of all Zannie.............hope you perk up real quick!

We got up a little later.....stayed up watching the Olympics a little later than usual! So we decided to walk tonight.

I am subbing a meeting for someone at 4 so I headed outdoors to trim the shrubs! I have been out there an hour and am almost finished but came in doors to get a drink and cool off a bit. Now that I am a bit older.......I have to "pace" myself a little different...it has taken me a while to get used to doing that! I can still OUTWORK a lot of others! but of course who wants to have a stroke trying.ha ha ha ha!

I have been a bit stressed lately and find outdoor exercise or outdoor work really helpful FOR me...................I can immediately see what I have accomplished and get satisfaction from that! Maybe sweating helps relieve stress! Prayer is always first and foremost..........but sometimes we have to be in the right frame of mind to even do that.................so I talked to GOD about it when I was outside! Now I feel much better !

Hope everyone is doing well..................try to dwell on the things that are going RIGHT...it is so easy to get into a "Everythings Going Wrong" way of thinking.

Later taters
Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 11:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

I cannot believe how busy I am. *sigh* gotta make this quick.

Zannie - CONGRATS on the 70.5 lb weight loss! YOU GO GIRL! that is awesome! you are doing great! I am so sorry that you are feeling bad! Just adding 10 mgs of Lexapro to what you were already taking has got you feeling so bad? goodness I'm so sorry about that. I have heard lots of good things about Lexapro! My son has a chemical imbalance and takes prozac, along with other things for anxiety and ocd. If the prozac ever poops out then Lexapro would be the next thing for him to try. I truly hope that the side effects pass quickly and the meds help you! hugs girlie!

Leenie - get to work girlie! hehehehehehe

Liz - how is your friend and the new baby? your supper sounded wonderful!!!! how in the world did you have time to do all that cooking while babysitting all those kids too! you are WONDER WOMAN!

Cin - what ya up to girlie! I got a pamphlet from WW in the mail yesterday about the new program - LOL - now I can't even remember what they called it. how many meetings ya got today?

man I can't even remember the posts from yesterday. I'm sorry my brain is full and I can't recall what I just read

I stayed up late watching the Olympics last night. Did ya'll see Paul Hamm win the gold medal after that terrible fall and went to 12th place? and the announcers said it was impossible for him to win a medal after that. Well he came back and won the gold medal! Amazing wasn't it! seems like theres a good "life lesson" in all of that. hmmmmmmmmmm

ok girls - I'd much rather play here - but this place is wild and I gotta run.

I'll be back later.

Hope everyone has a blessed day!

hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 08-19-2004 at 11:29 AM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 11:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey Twin Cin - you and I were posting at the same time!

LOL sounds like you and I were watching the same things last night. I was up til 11 watching that and did not want to miss a thing. (so I got up late too and that means no exercise for me this morning)

thanks for the reminder to dwell on what is going RIGHT!

hugs my dear friend!
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 11:48 AM   #6  

Hey everyone!

Cathy My dd 12 was babysitting at my friends house so I only had my 6 year old with me during prep time and then I headed over to their house....babe was born at 1115 pm so it was a long day........a boy 9lbs 11 oz........no name yet.......think they are leaning towards Reese or Marshall.

I have been having some really disturbing dreams......been waking up every morning with a heavy heart....wonder why........

OK I gotta get moving......have haircuts, dentists and school supplies today and dd 12 is having a sleepover with her little friend so I need to tidy things up a bit.....

Have a good one everyone!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 12:58 PM   #7  

Well, here I am! I was so tired from tha tpast week or so that I really needed the rest.

On Friday, we had a whole day of errands to do and on Saturday we had chores around the house and a flurry of emails from many committees at church.
Our beloved interum Pastor was leaving and that was so difficult as he became very well loved. Many a tear and hug were shared. I still miss him. We had a reception for him and then last Sunday, our new Pastor was Ordained and installed in our church. He baptized his son in the morning so there were many, many details to iron out. After the Ordination we had a reception for our new Pastor which was a huge success due to much cooperation of many. Our interum Pastor was part of the ceremoney so he and his wife were there. We all had a chance to say our good byes to him . I almost lost it when he and one of our members said "We'll meet again someday" in German. It was VERY emotional.

Well, I'm resting and full of "it"! Is there any trouble that I can get into?
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote