PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 08-16-2004, 03:37 PM   #1  

Default I am new

Hi there,
I am new to this board. I just found this site, and am very excited about it.
I was diagnosed with PCOS about 2 years ago, when my husband and I couldn't get pregnant. We are both working on losing weight. My doctor keeps telling me that is key to handling PCOS and to getting pregnant.
My husband and I have been doing the SBD since the end of March, and it is working really well for us. We have both lost a lot of weight. I still have about 70 pounds to go. It doesn't seem like I will ever get there. But then I think I am a lot further now, then I ever thought I would be.
Today I am having a rough day though. One of my collegues at work, just announced she is pregnant and due in March. I am happy for her, but it is so hard when you trying so hard and it is not you.
This is a nice board... I look forward to chatting with you all.
Stebby
Stebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 07:11 PM   #2  
Swimming Mouse

Welcome, Stebby. I went through most of my friends being pregnant or suddenly announcing that they were going to become pregnant soon. That was really, really hard. I wasn't sure how to react, because the two of them are probably my best friends. As it happens, unfortunately, one friend had a miscarriage and the other didn't get married as planned... I'm holding my breath for the next announcement from my one friend, though, that had the miscarriage. I'm not trying, but hey... when you never ever have a cycle and have never had a normal one since starting at 16, its not hard to imagine that you won't have a child. As for the weight: I didn't have a normal cycle when I was thinner, so I can't imagine that losing weight now is going to suddenly spark my body to do what its supposed to!
That's okay... I teach, and really, I am rather glad to send my high schoolers home at 3:00!

Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 03:46 PM   #3  

I guess what is hard, is that whenever anyone at work announces they are pregnant then the topic of conversation for the department is focused on that for the next 9 months. It makes me want to hide under my desk. I am really sick of people telling me to just relax and it will happen. What a bunch of hooeeee! How is "relaxing" going to make me ovulate correctly or miracously fix my problems. I have also had people tell me to adopt and then I would get pregnant. I guess I just wish that everyone would quit asking when my husband and I are going to have kids...I have started to tell people NYOB, but I hate being that way. I guess I just need to "relax" and everything will be better.
Stebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 08:51 PM   #4  
Swimming Mouse

That is a choice you'd need to make... I'm tired of people telling me that I should exercise and go on a diet and do this or that or this new thing and then my problems will be miraculously cured. I avoid pregnant people if possible... And I avoid people who tell me to exercise and go on a diet too. I avoid situations where I'm going to comments about how I don't need to eat this, or are they sure that I should be buying that.
The only people who believe my exercise stats (the ones posted in my sig) are those that SEE me at the gym, and I think my endocriologist, and some really good friends who have known me for years and know that I don't particularly lie about a lot of things. Most people look at me and assume I'm lazy and mainline twinkies all day long. That isn't true. I lift weights daily, I swim a mile or more daily, and I also just started riding a stationary bike... That is harder because of the nerve damage in my ankle. It doesn't make much difference though: I haven't lost much weight, I don't ovulate correctly (ever), and never even bleed.
Its hard to deal with those looks or the comments. There are times I want to punch people or scream at them until they lose their predjudice. But that probably won't help. I don't like being that way either, but I'm not sure what the solution is.

Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 11:46 PM   #5  
WW Moderator

Hi Stebby, welcome to 3FC! I hope you get results with SBD. Do you have the cookbook? There is some great looking stuff in there.

I understand how you feel about the pregnant thing. I have one son, 11, but wanted many more. I had to have a hysterectomy before I could continue. It's hard watching a steady stream of pregnant co-workers! Good luck to you!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 12:38 PM   #6  
Rattie Lover

WELCOME, STebby!!

Pleased to meet you!! I would have replied sooner but I have been out of town. Feel free to join us in our monthly chat thread!! Just click on the link below to get there... Hope to see you in there soon!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44341
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote