Old 08-16-2004, 08:33 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Monday *Yawn* Chat 8/16

Well, it's Monday again. *groan* The only good thing is I only work 3 days (again) this week. Wonder if I'll manage to get a full week in when the girls go back to school Sure could use the extra money right now. Friday DH called---his truck wouldn't start. So we had it towed and they put a new battery (despite them trying to jump it, it wouldn't work) in and some type of wire was trashed so they replaced that. Then we have to drop the other car off (DH's winter beater) to get the breaks replaced so he can start driving that. Well, things'll work out (I hope). And Thursday morning we leave for MN so we have to pay the sitter. Add to that I talked to the GS co-leader and we set up to meet today...and I forgot oldest DD has summer band camp. So I'll have to call her to work around it. ARGH!!!! It of course IS monday!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 10:16 AM   #2  

Good Morning Brenda! Sounds like you have a busy day/week planned. Hope you have a great day despite being so busy!

Well, nothing happening here today. Not feeling too good. Didn't sleep well at all last night, so am sure that's why I feel so crabby! Well, gonna grab some breakfast and hopefully that'll make me feel a little better! I'll check back in a little later!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 10:32 AM   #3  
Movin' and Losin'

Hey, Brenda. I hope you get all your cars and trucks running again. Car problems are no fun!

Well, this weekend was an adventure. We ended up having to evacuate. DH's work got him a hotel in Tampa because we're in an evacuation zone. The plan was for us all (DH, me, dog) to stay there. Well, the hotel didn't allow pets. DH thought we could leave her at his work (in walking distance to the hotel), but I just didn't like the idea. So, DH got a hotel for me in Orlando that accepted pets. The dog and I headed there, while DH stayed in Tampa. He had to work. Well, instead of avoiding the hurricane, we drove right into it! The dog and I huddled in the bathroom at the hotel waiting for the hurricane to pass. The electricity and phone went out, but we made it. There was quite a bit of damage in Orlando -- lots of downed trees, awning damage, power lines down, etc. The drive back the next day was horrible. It was a 5 1/2-hour drive for what is normally a 1 1/2-hour drive. There was a mass exodus out of Orlando because everyone in the Tampa Bay area evacuated there.

After a long day on Saturday, we went to a co-worker of DH's surprise birthday party. There were lots of boys and only one other girl. So, needless to say, it was pretty rowdy, but fun.

Eating was pretty good this weekend. On Friday, I grabbed McDonald's since it was close to the hotel. I should have gotten a salad, but of course, I didn't. Other than that, though, I stayed OP, which I was happy about. I haven't exercised in a few days, but I hope to get back on track today.

Hope you are all doing fabulous!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 10:33 AM   #4  
Movin' and Losin'

Lisa: Hope you get to feeling better!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 10:39 AM   #5  
Head Princess

Goodness! Where is everyone?

Brenda - Chin up! And OF COURSE your pms is being made worse by going off plan. If it was made better by staying on it, it will get worse when you go off. Hope you get feeling better!

Mrs. H - I hope you get feeling better, too! Aren't hormones fun???

My weekend was fun even though it wasn't quite what I had planned. Friday, I spent part of the day at my friend's house playing in the pool. Then I got dragged down to the bar. Really - they dragged me! I'm tired of that place and didn't really want to go. DH poured a couple of shots of tequila down my throat and then I was fine.

Saturday, we had tickets to the airshow, but since I'm not as in to planes as DH, he went with our friend Colby. I went over the the friend with the pool's house and we lounged in the pool and cooked and nursed our hangovers. Around 5:00, the guys got back and we all had a barbeque. Pork tenderloin and salmon - yummy! We went home to take a nap and, once again, ended up at the damn bar! Once again, I didn't want to be there. And this time I nursed 2 drinks the whole night and that was it!

Yesterday was housework and grocery shopping. I threw out everything that could be considered remotely questionable and stocked up on veggies instead. No more frankenfoods until I get a handle on things again. Ack! Wish me luck!

Have a great day everyone!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 10:42 AM   #6  
Head Princess

Jina!!!! You're ok! I was thinking about you all weekend! And holy !!! Huddled in a bathroom? That must have been very scary! How is your house?
Old 08-16-2004, 10:44 AM   #7  

Jina: Glad that you are doing OK. I was worried about you Friday!!!

Star: Yep, gotta love those hormones!

Well, I am not feeling any better at all. The morning sickness is back again. Nothing that I eat lately stays down! I go back to the dr on Thursday, so am hoping that she can put me on something to help me. Being like this is really getting me depressed. Told DH the other night that this would definately be an only child. Well, off to work, and hopefully I'll feel better this afternoon! Hope everyone has a great day!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 10:45 AM   #8  
The Princess O' Pets

Jina sounds like an exciting time! Wow, stay safe though. That would make me too nervous as well, to leave pup at work, but I am glad you are all safe now.

B- you are right it "is" Monday!! ahahhaha

Lisa-hope you feel better soon you mommy you!!

Well I messed up on Saturday but recovered well and I am playing hooky from work today, I am tired and I have a nail in my tire I need to get fixed. I interviewed about a million idiotic people who wanted to adopt our dog....urgh sometimes I wonder why people even get pets....I guess every weirdo in town must want a boxer pit bull mix!!! ahahahahaha So still trudging along on that. Gotta get back to the gym to get in shape for my big girls trip to VEEEEGAASSSSS baby!! One of my best friends is getting married in Vegas and my sister and I are going to stay there the weekend at The Excalibur and my mom is going to meet us there. hahahahaha NO DH ahahahahah NO KIDS I will not know what to do except...PARTY!!!!! And all of my best friends will be there too! YIPPEEEEEEE
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 10:47 AM   #9  
The Princess O' Pets

HI ya SP you sneaky girl, you snuck in on me. Sounds like a tame weekend for you but I guess recovery time is in order.
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 11:28 AM   #10  

Joy its monday! I walk in the office and the same drama from last week with a coworker is going on. She is working @ the distrect office and hiding there and sneaking into our office when no one is in. One of my friends that lives near the building i work in said that this womans car was here on saterday night @ 9pm wth is she doing here @ that time. Well i found out when i got here this am that she was messing up with the routes that we have been building all week. Getting a little sick of this.
Other then my monday my weekend was great DD is started day camp today and seems like she is doing ok. My weekend was spend SHOPPING!!! I love it now. I mean i am not even near goal and just the 32lbs that ihave lost has made a wonderful difference in clothing and that.
Have a great day everyone
jdreams76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 12:02 PM   #11  
Total Sass Bucket

Hi all

Jina: I was thinking about you all weekend, glad to know you're safe but man that had to be a scarey time.
Brenda: I feel your pain, I've had maximum PMS the last few times and I think my BF is scared of me now!!!!!

Not much to report. I bought one of those automatic litter boxes today, and boy is it a hoot! It works well too, just can't overfill it or the thingy just keeps going and going and going and going thinking there is something blocking it! hehehe
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 12:55 PM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Everyone !!

I'm glad our Florida friends are doing okay. That was one nasty scary storm.

My DH had a surprise B-day party for me saturday, needless to say, I ATE and ATE and ATE !! BURP! Not proud but not upset. How many times does one turn 29
This coming weekend is my DD's birthday party... I feel doomed LOL. Nah not really, its just one more hump to get over and I should be okay. I'm staying 100% op until then, then all the food goes w/the guests lol. Its the only way to do it.

Luv's yah.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 02:14 PM   #13  

Hi all! My EXTREME business at work has eased, so I can chat a little again.

I had a very bad eating weekend/last two weeks. I stepped on the scale yesterday a.m. and decided I had to get back OP. It was truly scary - 188 - that's an 6lb gain! I do realize that most of it is probably water, as when I'm eating that many carbs I retain first then gain real weight. Plus, TOM is coming soon. So, I know it's not completely real, but it was still a wake-up call.

So, I've told myself I'm going to be really good - no slip-ups for the next two weeks (at least). Small goals. I've also decided that on the days I get up and run, that I can be a little higher on the carbs as long as it comes in the form of healthy foods - veggies and such.

I also noticed something about my eating habits this weekend. We've been kinda stressed as we're trying to sell our house and we haven't had any offers yet. So, I'm having a hard time sitting still, and I'm shoving everything that doesn't fight back into in my mouth. My cycle is back. Hopefully now that I've recognized it I can squash it again. It seems weird that I'd reach for food, but it totally works - if you're thinking about what you're going to eat next all the time, you don't have as much time to think about what's really bugging you. I think I just need that consciousness back in my eating patterns and all will be fine.

Glad everyone is doing okay.

Jina - glad you're safe. How scary. My Mom lived in Florida for a few years before she had us and she had some scary weather stories. Yikes.
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 04:55 PM   #14  
Head Princess

Here's my odd little realization for the day: I don't need fully leaded coffee! I had decaf this morning and am just fine! Huh!

Also, for those of you who have been struggling (and the rest of you, too), I recommend checking out one of my favorite blogs www.skinnydaily.com As usual, JuJu is right on!
Old 08-16-2004, 05:48 PM   #15  

Star - That was a good post. That's usually how I look at it. If I want the scale to go down, I must avoid those foods, but if I'm just find maintaining for a while, then an occasional snack of these things are fine.

That article reminded me of an ongoing experience I keep having with one person. I just about screamed yesterday, but then reminded myself that this woman is elderly and that she's just never going to get it. She's also one of those people who needs to believe she's the best at everything, the most attractive, the best at whatever. So, she's kinda annoying to begin with.

So, she starts asking me about my "diet" and I tell her what I always try to tell her, that I'm not considering it a "diet" and that I just need to eat healthy, so I am. So then she wants to know what "I can" eat. So, I tell her I can eat whatever I want (freedom of choice and all), but that I usually opt for fresh vegetables and stay away from white bread, rice, sugar, etc. So she keeps going, "can you eat candy". Of course I can eat candy. I CHOOSE NOT TO. Just doesn't get it. Same flipping conversation everytime we're alone!!! I finally just told her yesterday that I didn't want to talk about it. And, this is from a woman who was on Atkins about a year ago. It's almost like she's trying to annoy me.

Anyone ever irritate any of you w/this crap?

Maybe a better question is why do I let it annoy me? She's obviously triggered something. She's also one of those people who encourages you to eat crap and gives you a really hard time when you refuse.

Okay, done with my rant...
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote