Old 08-11-2004, 08:44 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Wednesday Chat 8/11

1/2 way through the week. And of course didn't stay OP. We went out to eat last night at my FAVORITE restaurant..and of course it's a seafood place and of course the only thing I like is fried shrimp. *sigh* so I'm back OP today. One day at a time is what I'm taking it!! I'm thinking that for me it'll be easier to stay OP once my BD is gone and school is back in session. That's my goal for staying OP anyway!!! Right now I'm trying not to screw up TOO badly by staying OFF program every day. So that's how I'm dealing right now. Hoping the GS bag the overnighter tonight. Too cold to be sleeping outside or even running around outside. We'll see on that one.
Hope you all have a great day
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 08:46 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Forgot something:
Mscat......meat meat meat???? Where's the veggies? Eggs? There's other stuff than meat you're supposed to be eating
Old 08-11-2004, 08:56 AM   #3  
Total Sass Bucket

Morning

I've got a fun day planned today....... Starting off with nothing (waiting for the stores to open) then I'm going shopping to pick up a few wardrobe essentials for this next school year. I've been getting away with wearing jeans and a button down shirt quite a bit but we have a new superintendant this year and I don't want to take any chances until the rumor mill has come and gone about him. I'm still wearing jeans on lab days though, and that's that!!!! So this morning I'll be trying on clothes and seeing what I need... then heading to the mall, then to a chiropractor appointment and tonight is Queer As Folk night at my sisters. We've got a group of us now and my sister is making some fabulous munchies and magaritas. It should be WAYYYY fun.
That's about it for me. Funny story for ya (if you don't get grossed out easily). My BF has a knee that hurts him all the time and he basically needs to get it operated on but we don't have the money. We were walking outof the apartment building last night to go to dinner and somehow he managed to get caught in the door and slammed the knee into the doorjam. He made this noise and I turned around and stepped towards him.... right as the pain made him vomit. Yep, right in the face is where that landed. He felt so bad and I couldn't stop laughing. Told him that was the LAST time I was ever coming to his rescue.
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 08:57 AM   #4  

Morning Brenda. Hope you don't have to go camping if it too cool out.

I did some thinking this morning....after I weighed myself and I am up to 157. What is it that is making me go off plan? Why am I bagging months and months of hard work. Am I at my goal? No. Am I bored? A little not too bad. I am just tired of being good. Is it that I can't do this program? No. There is nothing difficult about it.
Why is it that I feel if I could just sit down and wolf down a whole pepperoni pizza I would feel better? Would that really fix whatever it is that is going on in my head? Doubt it.

I just need to get on with it and lose the rest of this weight and then find a way to live my life within the bounds of this plan. That was my original intent and I need to get back to it.

So, I brought my Atkins book into work with me today. When I have some free time I am going to go through it again and see if it can set me back on the right path. No miracles promised just going to give it a try.

I would love some ideas for getting me back on track if anyone has any. I need your wisdom.

Oh, and I am getting a cold too......bummer! Hate colds.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 08:59 AM   #5  

Rhonda: YUK! What grade do you teach and what subject? I forget...forgive me. Hope he gets his knee taken care of soon. I know the money issue is keeping him from doing it but sometimes you just have to do it anyway.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:11 AM   #6  
The Princess O' Pets

Sad Theo's girl........
I just copied Janes post cause this is exactly what I feel like (thank you Jane for putting it into words for me). I am sooo mad at myself......

Jane's quote:
What is it that is making me go off plan? Why am I bagging months and months of hard work. Am I at my goal? No. Am I bored? A little not too bad. I am just tired of being good. Is it that I can't do this program? No. There is nothing difficult about it.
Why is it that I feel if I could just sit down and wolf down a whole pepperoni pizza I would feel better? Would that really fix whatever it is that is going on in my head? Doubt it.

I just need to get on with it and lose the rest of this weight and then find a way to live my life within the bounds of this plan. That was my original intent and I need to get back to it.
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 10:14 AM   #7  

Theo'sgirl: I have just spent the first part of my morning searching and searching the net on different low carb sites and Atkins looking for a pearl of wisdom or something anything........still sitting in my seat with my too tight jeans feeling the same as I did when I came in this morning.

I keep looking at the Atkins book on my desk and just can't bear it. I have picked it up a couple times and tried to read some. Just don't want to do the work today I guess.

All I can do is eat right today. If I can manage that then it will be a successful day I guess.

I am getting a cold and that may be mucking up my way of thinking today too..........
Old 08-11-2004, 10:22 AM   #8  
The Princess O' Pets

I know how you feel Jane. I have been looking for that pearl too. The only thing I could think of was to go back to old habits, food log and weekly goals, etc. And figure out why?? I gotta get it back.....cause I can't go back to the weight I was before...and I won't do that. I think as of today I just hit rock bottom on this and it is time to pull myself out. I need to make myself not feel so outta control about my eating, and get it back in check.
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 10:26 AM   #9  

Just discovered another reason for my blues ........TOM! Grrrrrrrrrr

No wonder I have had the candy blues, and the dorito's blues!

I'm with you Theo'sgirl. I will just get back to logging my food into Fitday and trying to get my lazy outside and do some walking. I have a goal to be within 5 pounds of my goal by 09-14-04. Let's see if I can do it!
Old 08-11-2004, 10:38 AM   #10  

And today would have been my fathers birthday......
Old 08-11-2004, 10:49 AM   #11  
Movin' and Losin'

Mscat: Welcome! I'm glad you joined us on the daily chat.

Brenda: Just keep going day-by-day. Eating right most of the time is better than not eating right at all.

Shimma: Oh my! That story was so gross, but funny. It sounds like you have a fun day planned -- enjoy!

Jane: Here are some things I use for motivation: looking at old pictures of myself at my highest weight, looking at current pictures of myself and realizing I still have more to lose until I am happy, going to the beach, going shopping and realizing some stuff won't look good on me until I lose more weight, noticing how much better I feel OP than off, finding some new, great low-carb recipes to try, etc. I think it's easy to get complacent. We lose some weight, feel much better about ourselves and don't get the last bit of weight off. You have to decide if it's more important to lose that last bit of weight or eat what you want. But, choosing to eat what you want won't allow you to stay at the weight you're "more comfortable" with. Your weight will keep going up until you're at a point where you're unhappy again -- it's an endless cycle. That's why it's so important that this is a lifestyle change.

I'm anxiously watching the tropical storms near here. This is the first time since I lived here that a hurricane has been a possibilty in this area (I've been here over three years.) Fortunately, I don't live in an evacuation area. But, I guess I should be prepared. I've been reading my hurricane guide! I guess I'll stock up on water, non-perishable food and batteries. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have that stuff around anyway.

I'm really happy with how my jogging is going. Not that I'm doing that much, but I am doing some every day, and I'm feeling better about it each day and going a little further. Maybe I'll be a jogger yet!

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 10:51 AM   #12  
Movin' and Losin'

TG: Sorry to hear you're down, too. Sometimes I think it takes hitting rock bottom to get back to the top. Hopefully, you and Jane can both find that motivation you're looking for. I'm rooting for you!!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 11:29 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Good Morning. (checking time, yes it is still morning. It has been a long morning); anyhow!

Brenda, I agree, somehow fall always bring order to my life too. I bet that by the time school starts for your kids you are going to get back to the swing of things.

Rhonda, have fun shopping. I hope that your BF will have the knee surgery soon. A good college friend of mine had the same problem and finally she had the surgery and now feels so much better.

Jane, I never let myself get hungry. I feel that when I get hungry it is easier for me to lose control and make bad choices. For example Monday afternoon I was so hungry I passed a convenient store and went to get something. Without even thinking I proceeded to the ice cream section and I picked, of course, Haagen Dazs, 42 g carb. I proceeded to the check out section and was about to get it, then I came to my senses and got Endulge bar. It wasn’t satisfying, but it controled my hungry for couple of hours. I have decided from now on I always have some satisfying snacks in my bag; I love the Morning Start bars.

TG, don’t be sad. You are going to get back on complete control again.

Jina, way to go on your jogging and I hope that the storm passes you by without any damage.

Well, as for me, I have decided that I need to reduce my carbs more if I want to lose weight so two days last week and again yesterday I went to at most 5 carbs per day. It seems that the days that I reduce my carbs I lose. I am against extreme measure when it comes to weight loss and I think reducing carbs to 5g is extreme; so needless to say that I am in constant negotiation with myself these days, LOL. Do I want to lose weight fast, or do I want to lose weight the healthy and reasonable way.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 11:42 AM   #14  

WOW Rachel! 5 grams!!!!! That is awful low.....are you sure that is ok?
Old 08-11-2004, 01:33 PM   #15  
Baby Steps

Rachel: What on earth do you eat? The lowest I've ever been was 8 (and that's IF I counted everything correctly which I'm not sure I did).

Jina: Hope the storms miss you. That would be scary!!! We've been lucky around here that our storms haven't been too bad (well, not counting the downpour that soaked our basement that is).

TG: Cheer up. You'll get back OP soon!! Maybe the blues have to pass by first.

Jane: OMG you ARE a mind reader!!! Just like TG said---you spoke everything I couldn't put into words!! If you find your inspiration let me know. Looking at pictures of me when I weighed 115 pounds (when I was like 18) and looking at my heaviest weight (in December) isn't doing a thing for me. I would LOVE to be thinner. I'm ok with the weight I'm at (and of course DH says I look great the way I'm at and should stay at this weight). But my dream when I started this WAS to get down to at least 130. I can't seem to get the gumption to work on getting UNDER the 140's. It's one reason I've decided not to sweat it for now. Not unless an apithany(SP?) comes through and I can figure out how to re-do the excitement I had starting this WOE (when I actually lost weight). I think part of the slack-off I was doing was because I had a few weeks of no weight loss so figured why bother being good. Now it's a matter of..how do I get back to being good ALL the time So when you figure out how to do it let me know