South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 04:25 PM   #1  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Default Who is this person I have become...

Today I decided to make the white chili recipe which is quite good. So I dish out a serving in a bowl and then I take out various tupperware dishes and put the rest of chili in them BEFORE I eat. I don't think this has ever happened and the reason it was significant to me is because I have never dealt with leftovers well as in I am a binge type eater. Even if I didn't plan to eat an entire pot of chili (I can't imagine what my bowels would do in that case), in the past I would've at least planned to have more than one bowl. I didn't even think about that today, my only thought was that everything outside my bowl was going to be eaten at a later date. Then I had the thought, "Who is this person I have become?!"

It actually amazes me the things I do today that I didn't do even a year ago or even think about doing a year ago, including planning out meals, making shopping lists and sticking to them, eating lots of veggies, making exercise a priority, planning out exercise and lastly effectively storing leftovers in single serving containers.

I have been reading quite a few various resources on weight loss, exercise and healthy eating. One thing that I've heard before but really makes sense is that if you keep doing the same things you will always get the same results. So since I am changing the types of things I do, I hope this person inside of me that I can't recognize will turn into a person on the outside that I can't recognize
Old 08-08-2004, 05:08 PM   #2  

Hi!
Be sure and tell the new person I said hello also. :smile:
Personally, I think its wonderful that you're noticing a change in yourself. I'll be glad when that day comes for me. I remember about ten years ago I lost fifty pounds and didn't recognize myself in the mirror everytime I put my makeup on or combed my hair. My face seemed to be long and narrow, not fat and chubby. It was a real funny feeling.
I, too, think I'm changing in little ways. I seem to be buying more green vegetables and looking for ways to prepare them that just might entice my family to eat them with me. Also following my list at the grocery store. My next hurdle will be to declutter my lifestyle. I think that may result in one of the largest changes of my lifetime.
Keep up the good work and congrats on your weight loss. I'll be pulling for you to make your Christmas goal. I haven't set mine yet, but when I do, I'll let you know.
Happy losing.
Old 08-08-2004, 05:09 PM   #3  

Sorry about the :smile:. I thought smilies was on.
Old 08-08-2004, 05:11 PM   #4  

Ok, I figured it out!
Old 08-09-2004, 09:24 AM   #5  

Congratulations, Nelie! I love having a freezer full of leftovers. It makes lunch so easy. That's great that you are making such healthy changes.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:41 PM   #6  

Congratulations on your growth and your shrinking all at the same time!!

I was pondering something similar recently. People have been asking about SBD and I have changed my answers. I don't view it as a diet, it is my new way of life and there is a lot that goes along with that.

You will be successful. Look how far you have come!!b
Closed Thread