Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-31-2004, 07:53 AM   #1  

Default Weekend Update July 31-August 1

Hey it is a long weekend here this weekend......and that is why I am up and at it early.....gonna work!

DD 12 is ill....fever. dizzy pale

DD 6 is having a sleep over

Hubby is golfing

Had a nice evening last night with my gf....went to Moxie's for won=ton bowl and bolini's!

We also measured my back yard and are going to start renovations back there.....trees, shrubs etc

How you all have a great weekend.........

I'll check in later!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 09:21 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Liz and Everyone To Come !!

Nice to see some one start the threads other than me Thanks Lizzy.
You do have a busy weekend, enjoy it. Give DD 12 a hug and some soup for me. I remember being dizzy at 12, right after I got TOM, it started. Poor kid.

Well I slept until 8 am... boy did I need that, DD did too. Its overcast outside and we are expecting rain this weekend so I'm not sure what I'll be doing. One this given is laundry. I'm sitting here watching The Wiggles (love them) with DD sipping coffee, she is eating waffles w/pnut butter. I get to smell it lol.

I do need to run to the store to get loads of veggies, I'm tweeking my atkins diet to include alot more veggies then they call for but its the only way I think I can feel full and not go over with calories. I'm still doing low carb because I feel the best eating like this. The prob was I was eating to many calories w/the meats and stuff. Not a good thing. I sware, bottom line to any diet is calories, I've said it time and time and I'll say it again. I'm also making a schedule of exercise.... so we will see how it goes.

Whats your weekend like ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 10:43 AM   #3  

We shopped last night so that we'd have more time this weekend. Roger is removing more carpeting as I type...oh the dust!
This afternoon he is going to help the neighbor (Leenie, remember the BF! That's the same person!) put in a water conditioner. Out here we help each other out a lot. The neighbor will probably be helping us clear the land or recondition the pond.
Our new (unordained) pastor is here although I haven't met him. He will be ordained on the 15th and a reception for our interum pastor will be on the 8th along with a Voters meeting. That reminds me....I have to scan some paperwork and also retype the minutes from the last meeting. We really should go to church tomorrow since this is the first time a new Elder helps with distribution of Communion. If he gets confused Roger will guide him though.
With Communion, the Pastor says one prayer the the Elder says another. What is so funny is when the two get them confused or they start saying them together! I've seen some pretty funny things happen on that altar-could write a book-like when the community cup is used for the wine and it gets sloshed up someone's nose!
Well friends, I have to clean the oven racks now.....later I'm going to mow the lawn I think..
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 03:52 PM   #4  
CIN

Hi Gals.
Hubby & I went to see "The Village"........it was had some interesting twists and scared me a few times.....We liked it!

Had supper brought in to me last night..............did I tell you already? Man...it was unreal. Baked chicken,sweet potatoes,greens,baked beans cucumber & onion salad,fruit salad,corn bread& iced tea! We invited a couple over to eat it with us and have left overs for tonight.

Tonight I am taking a meal to someone recovering from surgery................not like the spread I received tho....Sam's roasted chicken,augratin potatoes Croissants & apple pie!

To me.good bread & god potatoes......are all that matters!

Still feeling a little less than 100%.........but fine.

Looking forwrad to church tomorrow..miss my church friends!

Later
Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 04:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Afternoon Gang!

it's good to see ya'll. I am pooped. I cleaned house for more than 6 hours, then I colored my hair, and took a nice long hot bath, then I started a crawfish etioufee for supper, and just put a pear pie in the oven. Yep I'm pooped!

Dh found out that he is losing one of his biggest yards. Actually it is like a ranch that he mows. It's really big and he cuts it twice a month for $500. Well the lady put it up for sale about 6 months ago because she wants to move in with her daughter in another town, and we figured it would take forever to sale since it is such a big place, but she called last night to say she sold the place. WAH She did say she would give the new owner dh's name and number in case they need someone to do the yard, but who knows. I sure would appreciate ya'lls prayers for our finances. I know that the Lord will take care of everything, but we really can't afford to lose the $500 a month. I'm praying that the new owner will call dh, but of course, the Good Lord may have something else in mind.

Also, did I tell ya'll that I have to get my a/c fixed in my car on Tuesday. That's a $800 fixin. *sigh* but there is no way I can drive a car in Louisiana without an air conditioner. It is just tooooooooooo dang hot! It's kind of been one thing after the other around here lately, but I'm trying really hard to stay positive.

Liz - why do ya'll have a long weekend? what is the occasion? I hope your dd feels better!

Leenie - so glad to you got to sleep in a little bit. wow 8 is really late for you! and I hear ya girlie about the calories - no matter what we are doing - it still all boils down to the calories. I think more veggies are a great idea. Very low cal with more volume.

Hey Tip - you sound like you're having as much fun as me with all that cleaning. I think I would pass out tho if I had to get outside and mow our yard. It is soooooooooo hot and humid here. Hope all goes well at church!

Cin - I'm so glad to hear you liked The Village. I can't wait to see it. I can't believe you are cookin for someone tonight. That is just like you. Don't ya know you are recovering from your surgery! you are just too kind and sweet! All that food sure sounds yummy!

Ok well I need to go relax awhile while everything is cooking. I think I might be getting old - cusssssssssssss I'm pooped!

later gaters,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 08:19 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

God Morning, Its SonDay

Cathy sorry to hear about DH's job. You know your right when you said another door will open. That is a ton of money and I'll be praying that something comes up soon just to relieve the stress he must be feeling.

Nothing much is going on today. DH decided he was going to do the food shopping today YAHHOOOO so he's been there since 7 am LOVE IT!! Me I'm here w/DD watching Clifford the Big Red Dog... so cute. Its raining out, kinda a snuggly day which is okay w/me, I slept like crap b/c of my coughing. Got the laundry going. Other than that nothing much is new.

The interviewing process has started at work for a new boss for me ICK!!!!! I like being on my own, I get my work done and I'm happy. Oh well what can you do. Ijust pray its a nice person who's understanding and not a clock freak.

Its a good day to watch a movie under the covers.

Watcha all doing today?

Oh... my eating was wonderful yesterday, ate a little over 1,000 calories and was very satisfied since I'm eating a ton of veggies... ahhh.
Old 08-01-2004, 10:41 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Liz,

No, I hate reality shows... I think the reason is, they are to slow for me. My brain gets bored quickly lol. Surprise !!!! lolol.

Why do you think you are a bad person ? boy I don't think you are. Besides, you promised to come to my house and make me some meatballs right?? jk
Old 08-01-2004, 03:51 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Now if we could do a reality show with all us gals from 3fatchicks......now that would be something. I think I would be up for that. Wouldn't that be a hoot! hmmmmmm wonder what they would call something like that.

Leenie - that is absolutely great that you ate around 1000 calories yesterday and wasn't hungry. Actually that is AWESOME! you go girl! Did hubby come back from the store with lots of goodies?

Liz - you are so right - some of the people on those reality shows are unbelieveable! I haven't seen the ones you mentioned, but we did watch Survivor last year and they wre really something else.

What's everybody doing today? We had Sunday School and Church this morning and it was ALL GOOD! Have to go back at 5 this afternoon for a Youth Teachers Meeting.

hey - its about 100 degrees here today, with maybe 2000% humidity and I'm thinking about shaving my head bald. what ya'll think? actually, I think I am having some hot flashes since getting off the birth control pills 10 days ago. I was not planning on having those for a few more years. I really can't tell yet if its hot flashes or just this dang hot Louisiana weather getting to me. anybody else in here having hot flashes?

later gaters,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 04:39 PM   #9  

Good afternoon....just dropping in to say hi.....it's a holiday here too tomorrow.....a civic holiday.....not everyone is off tomorrow.....the weather is nice.....warm.....not doing too much....have been playing hand held Yahtzee.....I bought it for on the plane.....for Thursday.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 07:20 PM   #10  

We got to meet our new Pastor today. He and his wife and new baby were at the Sunday service. What a cutie...and the new baby is sweet too . We had a bit of excitement during the service. A woman fainted ( we think) but she was also complaining of pain in her chest. Thank goodness DD and SIL were right behind her as SIL caught her. We have a nurse/practitioner in our congregation and she and DD assisted the woman while Roger phoned for an ambulance. I'm going to see what her condition is later.

We decided to do some shopping today since Roger is sore from pulling up carpeting and helping the neighbor with that water conditioner. Got a new ceiling fan for the kitchen and paint for the subflooring in the kitchen and living room. At least if it is painted, I can keep it cleaner.

Am tired today. We had thunderstorms last night and our Goldie the chicken doggie wanted to be with us. He is NOT allowed in the bedroom. Every few minutes, I'd hear him tippy toe in and have to make him go back into the kitchen. It's hard for him to tippy toe since the carpeting is gone.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 09:57 PM   #11  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hey Ladies…

Liz321 – Hey there… sounds like you’ve got your hands full. James and I are going to be starting out backyard as well. We finally got the home depot card paid off, well at least down enough so that we can get that shed we need among other things. I wish you well with your projects!

CIN – I am so glad there is someone out there that has some positive things to say about that movie “the village”. A friend of mine saw it and he said it sucked. I took the kid out to see “A Cinderella Story” she’s a huge Hilary Duff fan, so I figured it was a good girls night out sort of thing. I haven’t been to a movie in ages, usually wait for them to come out on dvd so I can rent them… much cheaper. I could not believe how much the tickets were tho… 10 bucks a person… EESH!

Now that I’m over my food poisoning incident, I’ve got myself back on track. I didn’t really gain anything although I did loose a lot of water weight. LOL But that came back… hehhehe Gonna have a busy few weeks ahead of us. Gonna try to do something to the backyard… anything is better than what it is now. So gonna be doing a lot of yard work and digging and tossing and everything else you can think of.

I hope everyone is doing well…

Take care….
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote