Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 12:21 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Red face Wednesday

its officially wednesday here in soggy NJ Sorry I ahve been MIA Monday my SIL came over and then I embarked on Homemade spag and meatballs with homeade sauce the Balls disintigrated and it became awesome thick meat sauce DH wants sloppy Joes out of it and today I had to go to my moms to wait for contractors.
Ok Kierie versus the mailtruck!
(we are both ok and in one peice)
I'm going down 9th ave in the city (the business is on 8th but its farrrr to crowded and as its the garment district theres even less room on the sidewalk)
I'm one block from my interview and its in 20 minutes so theres 3 feet betweeen the curb and this mail truck what I didnt see was the giant pothole right by the sidewalk. . .
So I hurtle off the curb thinking i can do a lil starsky and hutch maneuvre and get around the truck. instead I got stuck in the pothole hit the truck and got wedged between it. After a few minutes (the eternity kind) he got out of his truck and helped me unwedge. It was totally a day to stay in bed
The girl I interviewed with was senorita stepford phony and thinking she's adorable even if I got the job No way in heck would I take it! eugh!! pitttoooeeeeey
the hour is growing night and I'm pooped out so goign to drag dh to bed
bb tommorrow fullforce
love
Kierie
Old 07-28-2004, 09:25 AM   #2  

Morning Kier and everyone else that will come out and post. I just read yesterdays post and I can totally empathize with those of you who are struggling to balance work/relationship/household and I don't even have kids. I feel like the more I accomplish at work the worse my house gets and when DH want to spend time with me I feel like there is a running list of things I "should" be doing. I guess this is life and as Jen indicated I am sure it gets a lot worse when we have kids.

I start my new job in 3 weeks and am working at present job up until 2 days before starting the new job I really wanted to take some time off in between but at this point it isn't possible. Oh well at least I will have the 2 days. DH is going to take those days off too so that will be lovely.

My eating as of late has been hideous! BTW Kier, I made homemade spaghetti last night with texas toas and choc. pudding pie. THat meal right there is a great indicator of my recent eating. I am just a bit stressed. I put in my notice on Monday and since I did that I have been miserable here. I have NO desire to work the next 3 wks here. I think I am just in a funk or something and DH and I are just in one of those bickery places although last night we talked about it and I hope it will improve. Wow I am rambling!! Sorry. I won't be around any more this wk though b/c I am getting my wisdom teeth out tommorrow. I think I have a teensy bit of anxiety about that too!

Kier~ Glad you are well after the wheelchair incident. I never EVER thought of turning spaghetti into sloppy joes HMMMM!

Lori~ Congrats on the run and balancing the fam.

Jen~ I am glad that you said no to some things. How is the quilting business going???

Belle~ I understand your aggravation. DH has been working a lot of hours also trying to make a lot of money while he is off (teaching) for the summer. I hope that things improve.

Ali~ Glad BF responded well to therapy although why wouldn't he? He will just have an even more wonderful GF. I hope that things continue to go well.

I don't remember who else posted sorry but I will check in later!
Old 07-28-2004, 10:17 AM   #3  
Running Babe

Howdy all,

It is rainy here today and I have my first running clinic tonight. I hope it doesn't rain too much.

Anyhoo, I weighed in last night and lost 3.5lbs!! Only 9lbs away from it being free again... 11lbs from goal. I will at least try to get there for teh BBC challenge.

Kierie: I am glad you're okay, I would have been beyond freaked out had that happened to me.

Becky: hugs, you're obviously stressed (changing jobs is very stressful and yuck about the wisdom teeth, I had that done when I was 19). Take care of yourself. I know about not mentioning it... i guess I was just a little embarrassed, it's my wanting to appear cool, calm collected all the time, which according to my therapist I need to work on... I am learning to assert and to know that it's okay to be b!tchy occassionally and it's okay to say what my needs are etc.

Cheers!

Ali
Old 07-28-2004, 10:54 AM   #4  
Eve's Mom

Kier - yikes!! I Hope the interview went well. Where are those PICS!!

Lori- I think you are not alone in not losing all preg weight before one year. I am sure other mom's can talk to you about that one. My sisters are also proof. I'll read your night-posts in teh morning!!

Becky - new jobs are HUGE stress (and quitting an old one - the end is near!!). I think sometimes people forget that "good" stress is still stress!! Even happy things like moving, new jobs, weddings, all that is stress. When it all comes at once it's even more crazy!! Maybe we allneed a "balancing our lives" facilitiator to come on the board?? Good luck with your teeth - I had mine out at 16 - they were impacted. It was OK thought, just a little brusing. DON"T USE A STRAW!!!!!!!!

Ali - WOOOO HOOOOO on your loss!!! Yay!! Your BBC goal is within reach!! I WI on Friday, and hopefully I'll see a loss too.

I have been doing my workouts on schedule. Last night was the third time....and today I already walked 30 min (22 blocks) to work from teh dentist. My eating has been good but i haven't journaled. I wanted to focus on my workouts and eating proper balance and portions rather than points this week. Jsut so I can get my workouts up to par...is that weird?? I guess I just felt my eating has been so good and OP for weeks without change on the scale...i wanted to redirect my focus for a week so I can get into a fitness routine.

I also mowed the lawn last night and got groceries. Tonight I am making 0-point crockpot veggie soup...DF is working late until and including Friday night and then VACATION!! I work Tuesday next but that is OK...after that I'm gone til Aug 16!
Old 07-28-2004, 01:59 PM   #5  

Hi girls!

I haven't deserted you, I have been taking lots of time off to be with my kids (and hubbie) this summer, and I never seem to have time to log on at home.

I found you "balancing" topic interesting today. Kids or not, everyone seems to be busy all the time. It makes me sad, it seems when I was a kid (and generations past) life was a lot more carefree, I do try to step back, and relax as often as I can. Life is too short.

So, where is that old married girl....Kier.....where are ya hun????

Lori ~ I saw you asked about sibling spacing yesterday, my kids are 9, 6, and 7 months. I would crack if I had kids close in age, just me.....to have a 9 year old and a baby is pure bliss.............

Jen ~ Hang in there.....DH's will make or break us having meltdowns....I am blessed with a very helpful DH....thank god!!

Belle ~ Are you quitting your job, forgive me, I haven't caught up on any of the threads!!

Hi to Becky, Ali, Jayne....and all the rest that I missed!!
Old 07-28-2004, 01:59 PM   #6  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Red face Hello!!

Hello, ladies! I just polished off a Roasted Chicken Strips meal from KFC. According to dietfacts.com, it's only 8 points and darn tasty. If you haven't tried one yet, I highly recommend them.

Last night was WI, and I think the scale was wrong becuase before the lady in front of me weighed, the scale said 4.0 instead of 0.0. Well, they thought they got it fixed and I'm not sure they did. The lady in front of me was down 3.4 and then I was down 3.2. Now, I didn't have a great week, so there's no good reason that I should have been down that much. I'm sticking to my story that the scale was broken so if it says I'm up next week, I won't be disappointed or blame myself. Of course, I still changed my signature. And, to celebrate, I ate a 6" Subway sandwich, a big plate of nachos, 3 Subway cookies, and two big glasses of milk. (See why I need to break the bad habit of pigging out after WI?) At least I took a 45-min walk after I overate, though, right?

Kier--I'm glad to hear that you were uninjured in the mail truck incident. And because those things happen to you, that's why I love you--it's the same kind of stuff that happens to me. And I know what you mean about fake, Stepford-y people, I work with a few. It's enough to drive a person batty.

Beck--I know how you feel, and I think that in time, you'll get it back together. I was doing some terrible eating and it just finally reached a point where it wasn't so fun anymore. I'd guess that the same will happen for you when you're ready. And, Aaron and I are going through a phase like you and DH, so you're not alone in that. They sure can ruin perfectly good day, can't they? As far as the wisdom teeth, I got mine out a few years ago and it wasn't anything major. I had to have oral surgery because they were pretty impacted, and it really wasn't too bad. So, you can cross that off your list of things to worry about.

Ali--Way to go on your loss!! That's awesome! I hope it stops raining for your running clinic tonight. Since it's getting ready to rain here in NE, maybe we're getting your rain and the skies there are clearing.

Belle--I understand about concentrating on establishing a good workout program. Sometimes it's easier to eat better when we don't have to think/work so hard on the exercise part. Sounds like you're keeping yourself busy, where are you going for vacation?

OK, I'm going to get some work done now. I'll try to stop back in later.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:24 PM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I've been a busy broad this afternoon mostly phone call making and researching tommorrow I'm going to grandma sit again she was supposed to come here today but she doesn't like to be away from her house
OH MY GOD! (insert Janice voice here) I just found out DH might have to go to Taiwan for work HE doesn't even have a passport and lol i dont like him beign that far away

I want to have a date night soon b/c right now all we ever do is work on the house and darn it I want some fun and romance
THe weekend of the 7th we are goign up to a friends lake house so that will be fun.

Becky one of DH's friends is threatening us with a choc cream pie tooo evil but it I'm fighting the bad food monster
3 words JEllo pudding pops
Belle woman slide me some motivation you're kickign arse
Tonya So glad to see you lady and sometimes its good to have a puter hiatus even if it means your fave chicks miss you sniff sniff
Jess I love you too! US walking disasters have to stick togethr but my theory is as long as you can laugh at it its all good
I have to clean my stove and throw some carcass in it (fresh ham tonight)
Old 07-28-2004, 02:47 PM   #8  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

LORI... My girls are exactly to the DAY 2 1/2 years apart. We think it is cool that they were both born on the 29th. A lady at daycare that has a daughter in Emma's class and another that was born 2 years later (so 2 years apart)... told me that it is hard at first with kids this close in age (or closer)... but by the time the 2nd is 9 months, you are going to be thankful you did it that way. They kids will be close enough in age that they will be friends and playmates to each other. AND SHE WAS SO RIGHT!!! Kate is 15 months now and very head strong and independent. She loves to play with her older sister and the 2 of them run off to their bedroom to play. We initially wanted the kids 2 years apart and are thrilled that they are! I totally recommend it. I personally would not want kids 1 - 1/2 years apart because of having 2 in diapers and carrying 2 all the time. Just my thoughts, sorry it got wordy. Good luck.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:24 PM   #9  
A Yankee in Virginia

Here I am, popping in for my occasional hello. I hope you gals don't hate me! I thought I'd give a quick update. The scariest ... I'm gaining weight. I think I've gained about 10 lbs. already, and the doctor had told me not to gain any. I'm not eating that much, I don't think, but I have definite food aversions and cravings and lately, healthy good has not been on the cravings list. When I had morning sickness, all I was eating was fruit and frosted mini-wheats. Thank goodness the morning sickness is over.

I do know I need to be exercising more ... I was at first, but I had morning sickness 24/7, and the last thing I wanted to do was exercise. This getting heavier part is really hard, though. I don't really look pregnant, just more fat. And my feet have recently started to swell. I think I just need to get used to the fact that I won't be comfortable in my body for a while.

That all said, I'm almost four months along now! On Aug. 16, we find out the sex, if the baby cooperates. I had an ultrasound Monday, and the baby waved at us! It was very exciting. I still feel overwhelmed about having a little person to take care of in 6 months, but I get more excited all the time. And, we finally found a house, just closed, and it's going to be so much fun to set up the baby's room!

So that's my news! I wish you all luck on the Belle Bridal Challenge!
Closed Thread