South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 09:07 PM   #1  

Default Happy and Lost...all at the same time

No one IRL understands this, but I think someone here might. Pull up a beach chair, get an umbrella for your water cocktail...this could take a while.

I am proud of my weight loss. I want to lose more. I am an emotional eater who fills voids with food, so I do sabotage myself. But I know my goals and know I can do this. I kept wearing too big clothes for the longest time and have only recently bought new clothes that fit. It took a very embarrassing moment shopping (thank god for that saleslady) to get me into my new clothes.

I need an outfit for DH's 15yr HS reunion. We went to the same high school, there is bound to be an ex-BF or ex-crush or two in attendance. I need an outfit that fits.

I went to Lane Bryant. That's my store. But you know what? It isn't my store anymore. The 14/16 shirts are too big. The size 16 pants are too big and the size 14 are not cut right.

Now one side of me is that the big woman's store is no longer my store. I am proud. I am excited.

I am terrified. I don't know where to go shopping. I am out of my comfort zone. I don't know what looks good on me anymore.

I have never wanted to eat a bag of Reese's Pieces more.

Am I going ?
Old 07-26-2004, 09:23 PM   #2  
Faith in me

That is absolutly WONDERFUL news!! That is so great that you're in smaller sizes! I can't wait to be that size! Don't be terrified of going into new stores and trying clothes on. Wear what feels and looks good on you. The sale's people will be more than glad to help you out...after all that's what they're getting paid for. Congrats on your success....I'm so jealous!
Old 07-26-2004, 11:23 PM   #3  

That is such an awesome problem to have. Whewwww!! I would suggest maybe going to a talbots or Ann Taylor or Nordstrom if you have any of these places. They carry regular and larger sizes in some similar styles as Layne Bryant. Just tell the ladies of your awesome loss and they will be falling over themselves to help you find that great outfit. Gopod luck and knock those old crushes and boyfriends out of the water.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2004, 12:26 AM   #4  
RNMOM

Default Congrats!!

Treat yourself to a nice place and shop to your hearts content!
Old 07-27-2004, 08:02 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Jen, that's wonderful!!
Enjoy the new you, and treat yourself to something really lovely. You deserve it!!
Old 07-27-2004, 08:25 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Jen, please do tell the salesperson how you feel and ask for her help. I think most women will be able to relate. Enjoy!
Old 07-27-2004, 09:12 AM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Jen, I TOTALLY understand how you feel! It is so super scary to go into a "regular" store after telling yourself for years that you "don't deserve to go in there".

However, girl, you have worked super hard to get to this point, and you deserve this pleasure!!! So, if you have a Nordstrom's near you, try there first. They have the most wonderful salespeople who really know the art of service and will be willing to help you find the perfect outfit.

I know you are going to look amazing. Could you take your kiddos with you? If nothing else, they will get most of the attention, which will take it off of you. I used to use my twin sisters for that...made me feel much safer. I'm sure they didn't mind much.

I'm sending lots of ((((((((((be strong and enjoy this!))))))))) vibes and prayers your way. You are going to look fabulous and those exes are going to wish they were as lucky as your DH!
Old 07-27-2004, 11:22 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Jen-

I posted a post close to this one a bit ago. I so feel you. LB was MY store too. It was as if I was finally getting used to the fact that I was big. Even though I was not the happiest, you know? And now, I have gotten to the point as you -- the 16's are big in the bottoms and the 14/16's are big int he tops and while the 14's "fit" in the waist, they are cut all wrong and too big in the bottom areas.

It's like giving up a child (ok, not really but I have no kids so it feels that way to me).

Going into non-specialty stores is as exciting as it is scary. I've written a few journal entries about it in my journal linked below ( I can send you the links if you don't want to go looking for them). And I did do the binge thing and then instantaneously regretted it.

So, kudos to you. Maybe we can go shopping sometime?
Old 07-27-2004, 12:28 PM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

You two cool girls! Shopping in all the nice stores! *happy sigh* So good for you!

I'm just excited because I can squeeze into my size 22 Lane Bryant jeans. Not the regular 22s, but the LB ones. I have a way to go before I can shop in regular stores, but I appreciate that you two are going first so the rest of us will benefit from your experience. Thanks! :
Closed Thread