Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 07-24-2004, 06:02 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Question JiffyPop and Peach

Hey Ladies,

Are you okay? how did you make out w/all that rain yesterday, any flooding?
DH's shop near Paramus is so far under 30" of water and rising. Here at the homestead, we're okay, no water.

Hope your okay ~~
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 10:34 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

good grief!!! i only had a chance to look out the window a couple of times yesterday, and so i realized it was raining, but i had no idea how bad it was until i got home!!!

there had been water in the kitchen [mom said it came in through the light fixture, but there aren't any water marks on the ceiling or the fixture.] i think it pounded in through the screen door.

mom cleaned it up with towels, which she dumped in several spots in the house [don't ask for details!!!]so i gathered them up this morning and went downstairs to wash them all. and found an inch of water in the laundry room, and nowhere else in the baswement!!! i think it came in through the windows...

so no damage, just a bit of a mess and lots of towels to wash. i talked with peachie and everything was ok there.

glad you are ok. did your DH have trouble getting home? or was he able to get out before the water got too bad?
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 11:12 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good, glad your okay.

He came home and then went back down Friday night b/c he called the police and they said yes, there was flooding. Some of the customers furniture got destroyed because the real water started pouring in after midnight, he found this out when he went down there at 4 am saturday.

It took me a few hours to get home from work to my moms to home, just because the roads were closed and the highways were so slow b/c the water in the middle by the dividers were all the way into the lanes, so people were going so slow and stopping every few feet. But thank God everyone is safe.

DH is down there now trying to dry out the place.

Thanks for asking
Old 07-25-2004, 11:33 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

a few HOURS??? geeezzzzz leenie... i had no idea it was so bad!!! i had no problems, but i also didn't leave work until about 7..

i talked with a woman whose family is down to one car, and that one was in an accident on friday with all the rain. and the other car is in the shop - also because of a friday accident.

very very dangerous conditions...
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 06:56 AM   #5  

Hey Leenie! You are a sweetie for thinking of us! We were high and dry here but I was chompin at the bit waiting for the little guy to come home on the bus on Friday afternoon! sheesh that was awful and I am sorry about your dh's shop.

did you know that the wal mart in booton is open?

peach
peach pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 10:44 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Really !!! no I didn't know there was a walmart there. Is it a super walmart ? hopefully they will have the one on route 23 open soon. I go to the one by the woodbury commons, love the prices there.