Old 07-16-2004, 11:45 AM   #1  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Default New Year, New Goals, New Me Week 29

Alright, we seem to have lost focus a little bit. I know last month was a total wash for me, so this is focus time.

Here is my kick in the butt for all who need it...hopefully things will all come together for all of us this week.

My goal this week is to really watch the late night snacking. I've been bad with that. I've also been "mindless" eating--not really hungry, just something to do!

Jolly, Connie, Chequita and Lucky--let's have our best week ever!

My one good thing to share with you all about myself is: I am one heck of a bargain shopper! It's a skill I've had much time to work on and I am such a crazy person when it comes to doing things for less. Just part of who I am, so I can save my money for family events, etc.

Okay, here's to a great week!

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 05:12 PM   #2  

You are right, Chachee. Though, congrats on the loss. That is not a wash- that is doing good. But I agree. I want to stop the "holding pattern" as far as my eating goes, and get my focus back.

One good thing about myself is my strength. Even doing small amounts of weights, and being overweight, I have nice muscles. I am not embarassed to wear sleeveless shirts. I have muscle!

Here's to our best week!
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 10:18 AM   #3  

Good morning all. Oh wait, good morning me. Hope everyone is having a great weekend, and posts soon.

My goal for the week is to come up with some new recipes. I need to find some new recipes, that are easy and cheap to make, taste scrumpcious, and are healthy. I am going to stop off at the library soon, and check out some cookbooks, and make that a goal. One new recipe each payperiod, to get better at cooking good food.

Have a good one all.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:33 AM   #4  

Hello again, to me. Just wanted to post quick. I had a 1.5 pound loss for the week. Woo hoo.

Hope everyone else is good. And I hear from someone soon.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:39 AM   #5  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Jolly, GREAT JOB ON THE LOSS! Hmm...maybe we need to retire Bat? Um, no, not after my pigging out yesterday. I'm so happy you showed a loss.

We had a strenuous weekend, as we moved all the topsoil for our yard. We did our and a neighbors, totalling 36 "yards" of topsoil. Thats two truckloads full. My arms are killing me, but it sure felt good. Now we are going to grass seed the yard, wait for it to take off, then finish up the boards for the fence. I won't be able to help on that part, as that is right around surgery time for me. Finally a rest!

I'm working hard this week at having a good week. OH, a good NSV for me this weekend. I am now wearing a size 16 Levi's jean. I bought a new pair, as my bigger size Levis are falling off me. Wahoo!

Okay, here we go again!

Chach
Old 07-19-2004, 11:54 AM   #6  

Default Monday

Hello Hello!

I am happy to report that I am out of the 300s today!! I lost 2 lbs this past week; the exercise is helping. My weight is now 298. I have reached my goal of losing my first 50 lbs.

I plan to continue focusing on exercise (I didn't get four days in, but I did get three days). I also plan to add more variety to my food this week (I ate the same lunch for four days straight last week and I always eat cereal for breakfast). I also need to add more protein.

One good thing about myself is I am dependable.

JOLLY - congrats on your weight loss I am interested in easy cheap recipes and hope you will share some with us.

CHACHEE - congrats to you on your weight loss Hope you had a good weigh-in this. Please share some bargain shopping tips with us.

LUCKY - glad to meet you; I am new here too.

CHEQUITA - miss you; hope you are doing okay.

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday. See you later.
dixiedarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 02:25 PM   #7  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Connie: WAY TO GO!! WELCOME TO TWOFERVILLE! Excellent!

Just wanted to say that!

Keep up the awesome work!

Chach
Old 07-19-2004, 02:59 PM   #8  

Congrats on Twoferville! Way to go. You are great. Awesome job.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:47 AM   #9  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Good morning, Ladies.

Well, I am a little off track this week, and the scale shows. I did really well with all the working out over the weekend, but all that lifting and moving has had an effect on the scales. I am up a few pounds this morning. That's okay, as I feel better since I did all that exercise. Weird tradeoff--exercise more, gain more weight, lose more inches. Ah, heck, it all comes out in the wash.

Jolly: I am so happy for you and your loss. That is wonderful! How does it feel to have moved the bar so far down? And in such a short amount of time? You have done so well!

Connie: Again, congrats on your loss also. It must be an incredible feeling for you being in the 2's again. Amazing!

Have we lost Chequita????

Okay, I'm OP today and weigh in officially tomorrow night. I have a Pampered Chef party to go to tonight. Should be fun.

Have a great day everyone! I can't believe it's already Tuesday. I think we are going to finish up the fence this week/weekend. Oh, it's going to be so nice!

Chach
Old 07-20-2004, 04:12 PM   #10  

Chachee, good luck with weigh in tomorrow. You can do it.

It does feel good to move the bar down. I have officially said "goodbye " to the 250 pound mark. Will not go back there again. I am trying to decide if I want to go back to TOPS. I like the accountability of weigh ins. And the competitions. Sometimes, though, I just don't do well with groups. I will take a bit and decide. As for the weights and weight, I agree. It is weird. I am not losing that much weight, but I am a smaller size and my clothes fit better than when I lost some the last time and was about 25 pounds less than I am right now. Hmmmm. Never thought I would say this, but I LOVE weights.
Old 07-21-2004, 02:16 PM   #11  

Wed - 7/21

Hi everyone - just wanted to get in a quick post. I had my annual mammogram today. I have taken a walk this morning. I did well with points yesterday. I slacked off Mon after weigh-in. I'm going to try to save all of my flex points for next Monday weigh-in and splurge that day so I don't feel deprived.

Chachee - how did weigh-in go? hope it was a good one.

Jolly - congrats again on your weight loss; yes, it feels soooo good to be in twoferville!

Chequita - hello; miss ya.

Hope you all have a good day.
dixiedarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 02:30 PM   #12  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi Ladies,

Weigh in tonight. I will probably stay the same, as I did all the heavy lifting this week. I'm okay with it, as my clothes continue to get looser and I feel better.

Jolly: I have a friend who does TOPS and really enjoys it. Sounds good if you like the group accountability. I do better with group settings. I enjoy working my programs alone, but enjoy sharing struggles/victories with others. I quite enjoy weights also. Yes, we are sick!

Connie: I go tonight for weigh in. I also do the splurge thing that you do. I never use my flex points, so I don't really worry about it. It usually puts me up one pound the next day, but no big deal.

Hi to Chequita!

Have a great day!

Chach
Old 07-21-2004, 08:17 PM   #13  

Hurray for twoferville. Here's to onederland. Good luck with weigh in, Chachee. And I did TOPS before. I lost 40 pounds, before work got stressful, I got depressed, and quit. So, here's to a better journey.

Stay cool all.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:54 AM   #14  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi Ladies!

Weigh in was good. Was down another 0.6, for a total of 34 since joining. I am pretty sure the lady wrote the number down wrong, and I should have been down around 2 pounds, but that is okay. Was weird! That's okay, I'll have a huge loss next week!

This is crunch week for me. Mom is here a week from today, and I need/want that 35 pound star! So, I am going to be a good girl this week, extra good, and get that off!

Jolly: Another lady here at work is going to TOPS and really enjoys it. I think it's a good program and sounds very supportive. Let us know what you decide to do! How is your week going? (Other than hot?)

Well, went shopping last night. I need a dressy-dress for hubby's Air Force Senior NCO induction ceremony/banquet. Sears didn't have squat! I went to Burlington Coat Factory and found a couple of cute things. They just really didn't either fit right, or looked too loud for me. (I like simple, one color things in dressy stuff.) I was walking to the fitting room and found these really cute black dresses. Well, they looked cut small, but they had a 16 so I took it in. IT FIT! It's so cute! Comes right above the knees, has two ruffle-y type collars that lay flat and a really feminine hemline that is so fluttery and cute. Very age appropriate and very dressy. Killer part, other than it was a junior's 16, was that it was only $24.98!!! So, I went and bought a one-piece bra thingy, as I like to wear instead of slips, and cruised the shoes. I found two pairs that were marked down. Very cute!! One pair more strappy-sandal type, clearanced to $9.98, the other is a 3" pump, looks like it's from the 40's with a cute rounded toe, was $19.98. Of course, I bought them both!

Paid a total of $69.97 for the dress, undergarment, and two pairs of shoes. Man, I'm good! Just love to shop. Went home and modeled it for the hubby. He was very impressed! I have to say I was looking like one sexy mama!!

So, it was a good night and I am ready to tackle this week head-on!!! Going to my fave mexican restaurant tonight, and going to have the taco salad, with no chips, just eat part of the bowl. Fills me up and has no meat, so it's not that bad. Plus, they use black beans and it's just wonderful!

Have a great day!

Chach
Old 07-22-2004, 02:33 PM   #15  

Hey Chachee. congrats on finding such great beautiful bargains. You will look awesome. And yes, I did rejoin TOPS Tuesday. I will take all the help I can get.

I am hot, but otherwise ok. I will post from third shift tonight. Again. Hurray.