Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2001, 08:56 AM   #1  
Ready to Offer Support!

Hi, all!

To all lurkers, lifers, and others everywhere - happy week! Welcome back from Easter - hope there are too many post-Easter Bunny temptations laying around. I only bought my two kiddos one piece of candy apiece, and a pack of sugarless bubble gum. The rest of their baskeets were filled with stuffed animals, little books, games, toys, etc. It seemed to go over pretty well.

Thanks for wondering about me last week - work is crazy, crazy, crazy! I probably won't check in much this week either. Where is that job I've been looking for ... the one that pays you lots of money to stay home and do whatever you want? If anybody finds it, please let me know b/c I am DEFINITELY in the market for one of those!

On the weight front - things aren't looking so good. I can't fit in my regular workout routine right now (I love to work out in the mornings before work) b/c I have so much work to do. Sigh! Hopefully, I can maintain some semblance of healthy eating choices while my exercise routine is restricted. We'll see....

Have a good one!

Good we
Old 04-16-2001, 11:56 AM   #2  
si, si signora

Default Ah Spring!

Hi Austingal and everyone else,

The easter basset was very generous to all that went searching for eggs in our garden. So generous that we have no candy left at our house save a few
(bleah) rocky road eggs that my dp loves.

We had a very nice brunch with lots of high-point foods, but I was so exhausted I didn't eat that much. I am overwhelmed with about 5 lbs left of smithfield ham. Its so salty I'm not sure what to do with it other than slice it thinly and treat it like
proscuitto. I'm open for suggestions.

Our dog is back from California. He gained about 8 lbs after his surgery (getting fixed) and is the biggest we have ever seen him. He and I have a goal of losing the same amount of weight, my guess is that he'll lose it first. But we have reduced the amount of kibble he is getting and upped the walks. I'm going to use the same strategy this week. Hopefully that will help. He just isn't the waspish waisted basset of his youth...

So, lots and lots of stuff going on here this week. Lots of work, lots of meetings and night events. I'm going to make an effort to eat low points early in the day so I have some smoosh in the afternoon and evening.

Sorry this is so long.

Have a great day or week.

lala
Old 04-17-2001, 07:27 AM   #3  

Hi all. Hope the Easter bunny was good to all of you. I am back after four days with my parents, several brothers and sisters, niece and two nephews. The weather was miserable, so we stayed inside and ate too much. Woe is me

Renovations are in full swing. DH vacuums the whole house every day, trying unsuccessfully to stay ahead of the dust. Bless him - at least he's trying. We only have a few more weeks of this then I'm sure something equally distasteful will show up! Ha - how's that for pessimistic? Really, it's not that bad - it's just being out of the routine that throws me.

Have a great day everyone. I have mounds of work that I must now face head-on. Will check in later on.
Old 04-17-2001, 03:59 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!

Just a quick post before I sign off until next week. I leave tomorrow morning for my long awaited vacation! I can't wait. It's snowing here again today and the warmth of the south is beckoning!

Anyway, I managed to squeeze in a meeting today to get motivated before my trip. I was down .2 and that's okay...it's better than being up and I am weighing in one day earlier. I talked with my leader this morning about some strategies and I'm hoping to implement them. I will take my journal and I will write in it. My GF and I are going to take a water aerobics class and we'll be doing a lot of walking so that should help. Generally I do pretty well when I'm with her so overall it should be a good week.

Easter was pretty crazy...we were off of work Thursday-Monday so 5 days at home really wreaks havoc with my eating and such. I find it so much harder to stay on track when I'm not working.

Sounds like everyone had a nice Easter. Have a great week everyone and I'll check in next week when I get back!
Old 04-17-2001, 04:00 PM   #5  

Hello to all -

Seems to be hard for me to post lately - too busy, I guess, but I do scan the posts to find out what's going on here in 3FC land.

I am still somewhat in a funk with regards to my eating. I am keeping up with the exercise, but seems to want to snack more. I still have not rid myself of these 3-5 pounds that crept back in the last 6-8 weeks from vacation and out-of-town work trips, but I don't seem to be too concerned about it to get my resolve again. I may do what REC is doing & use one of those 12 week journals that seems more permanent.

Easter was good; went to my SIL's for dinner; a pretty low-key afternoon. Plenty of food, but I managed to do somewhat ok.

Weather here has been cold the last couple of days - had a dusting of snow last night... Yuck! I long for nice spring days!!

Seasaw - sounds like renovations are in full swing at your house.

lalala - it's nice you have a "pal" to lose weight with!

AustinGal - you sound SOOO busy - hopefully things will quiet down a little and you can get back into an exercise routine again.

Melissa - have a great trip!!!

Take care all,
Katie
Old 04-17-2001, 04:23 PM   #6  
Ready to Offer Support!

Just poking in to say a quick hello! On Easter Sunday it was about 88 degrees, but today it is in the 60's. The weather is so wacky that my garage door opener quit working - something about expanding and contracting metal making the sensors off track - whatever!

Eating has been disastrous - as I thought it would be. I am a stress eater, and when I am so stressed at work that I don't have time to workout, I get the double whammy of wanting to eat more. Are there any little pills that give you discipline and self-control? I wish I had some right now....
Old 04-17-2001, 05:43 PM   #7  
si, si signora

Hi all!

Its a stressful time here so it must be nationwide.

I am overwhelmed by disarray in my life, it just seems to have exploded overnight. I just want to take a deep breath and stop everything and get organized. The only thing that seems to be normal is my exercise and sleeping.

I am going on a research cruise in May. I'm sort of excited, but it means getting other work obligations squared away earlier. I am going to ask my brother what the best anti-nausea meds are, it could be nice and stormy out there.

Sounds like everyone had a not-so on-program easter holiday. However we are
doing our best to get back on track. I tried to use the 12 week journal, but its not happening. I don't like the format. Its nicer to try it on line. I guess i could just copy everything.

Anyways, the basset and I are working our way down the scale. He is liking his 3 walks and fewer biscquits. I am also trying not to eat as many biscquits .

Well, off to get some work done.

lala
Old 04-18-2001, 07:19 AM   #8  

Good Wednesday morning.

I know you're probably already gone, Melissa, so belated Bon Voyage. It sounds as though you could use a break from bad weather.

lalala: You and my DH will be out on research sea trials at the same time. He works with Defence Research (associated with Dept. of National Defence) in underwater acoustics. That's all I'm allowed to know. They will be off the East Coast for three weeks from about mid-May onward. (I will be at home, painting in peace.)

AustinGal: If you find any of those pills of which you speak, let me know. I am finding a disturbing trend now that I have my 12-week journal; I track for three or four days, then nothing for the next 2-3 (probably the weekends). If this keeps up, I'll never get those last 7 lbs off. It does not help that TOM comes around every two weeks lately

ktmarie: I went through a similar period (no pun intended) where I had no problem keeping up with exercise, but had little or no interest in eating healthily. Because I was exercising regularly, I seemed to suffer no ill effects from the bad food choices. It was only when the exercise stopped (vacation, illness, etc.) that the scales took an upward swing.

My sister and I started an advanced 5K conditioning program last nite in the hopes that having written goals will get us out on a more regular basis. We could not even manage 20 minutes non-stop last night (OK, I do have a bad cold and am heavily congested, but 20 minutes??)

Bye for now,
Old 04-18-2001, 01:03 PM   #9  
si, si signora

Good morning and afternoon all-

Blustery and sunny at the same time here in Seattle. I am hoping it'll calm down enough to let the bees pollinate the cherry, peach and pear trees. The apples are
a week or two away.

My life seems calmer today. Finally got our new dishwasher installed correctly and the kitchen put back. I'm going to scoot home early to vacuum and straighten up for dinner guests and maybe get a bit of time to weed.

seesaw: I hope your husband has calm seas and good echosoundings. I used to work with some acoustic data, but with estimating fish populations. Its amazing the different uses for such data. What is your new conditioning regime?
Is it running? or some sort of cross-training?

austingal: yikes, sounds like you are having the month from heck. How are you liking the new house (save the garage door opener )?

ktmarie: good for you and attempting the journal thing. My is sitting in the back of my gym bag gathering dust. I just can't seem to write it down on paper, but usually have no problem with journaling on line. I hear you and the problems of
travel wreaking havoc on weight loss.

The dog and I are giving each other moral support. He is more than eager to go for walks and I am more than eager to take him, especially when I can see everyone's gardens.

okay, back to memo writing and data searching. sigh.

lala
Closed Thread