UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-02-2004, 10:52 AM   #1  

Default July weigh in

Yes I do think it is time for new WI thread

I am currently 17 st 2 with my clothes and shoes on Oh and that's at night too I'm 12 st in the morning
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 07:11 PM   #2  

I'll post this here as well......

Heya well done Veggie that's cool. I somehow lost 3lb this week even though it's not been great, good and bad days! So that's a stone in total but I don't wanna get too excited as I'm back home and the Wakefield boots scales may disagree!
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 07:12 PM   #3  

Ta. Boots scales work as well I have used them they don't move them around and they so much cheaper than sw.
Old 07-03-2004, 03:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260.5/163.5/147

Height: 5'7"

At WW this week I was 13st 4.5lbs (clothed, obviously!) but it's TOM so hopefully next week I'll see an improvement. I'm desperately trying to shift the pounds by early September when I go on holiday.
^^Angel^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 09:43 AM   #5  

15.3 still on the way down albeit slowly
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 03:42 PM   #6  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

BLECH!

I didn't get the lecturing job but I DID get a health diagnosis - I have B12 deficient anaemia!

So on Thursday I get the first of 6 loading dose injections then slide on to 1 every 3 months - forever apparently.

The really good news is that despite the fact that I feel like a zombie and haven't been able to do any exercise for weeks, and coping with eating healthy has been only marginally less difficult than remembering to breath in and out, in and out, in and out.... where was I? Oh yes, despite being a complete food moron and truly incapable of thought or movement I have only managed to gain 2 pounds.

So I am really looking forward to being able to move around again. Hopefully I will be lucky and have a positive response to the first injection! Weight loss here I come!
stef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 08:37 AM   #7  

Hi Stef sorry you didn't get the job.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:55 AM   #8  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Comiserations Steph on the job, but at least you now know why you've been feeling yuk with that B12 deficiency. My friend out in AZ was diagnosed with that a few years back, she gives herself shots now and they really help her.
Well done all losers from last weigh in, I lost a pound this week so am chuffed. Need to really stay on track and lose more beofre coming home in four weeks, cos I have a feeling after a couple of fish and chip dinners and a cream slice or two from the bakers, that it might well go back on and I want to fit into my clothes while I'm still there, probably gorging my face off! Or....maybe all that kind of food is now totally fat free????? What do you think?
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 01:53 PM   #9  
Gym'll fix it!!

Nah its not Chris but it sure is GOOOOD when you mentioned cream slice an image of a 'Vanilla' came into mind I have'nt had one of them for years
Congrats on the loss
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 02:57 PM   #10  
honourary nutcase

S/C/G: 238/234/196

Height: 5'10"

Default humph!

put on a coule of pounds...and only in my second week. oh well im going to stick to this though as it is still early days.
loz x
hugmequick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 03:30 PM   #11  

Could be all sorts of reasons you've put on Loz just stay positive. I have been the worlds worst dieter and I have managed to lose this year!
Old 07-15-2004, 04:11 PM   #12  

LOST half a pound (thought I'd put on)
Old 07-15-2004, 06:01 PM   #13  
honourary nutcase

well today im back at13 st 12lb. the reason for doing this diet too is because i have an on going complaint with the doctor. myself and my family think my thyroid plays up every now and again or something isn't right. I have a swelling (goiter) at my neck where the thyroid is and i show symptoms of an underactive thyroid but the doctors have done some blood tests and nothing has been shown but we still believe something is wrong. The doctor has put me onto the dietician (what!) which i have to see in august so it will be interesting to see what they say as I am not eating the wrong foods. I don't eat anything fried and don't have any salt or sugar drinks or anything but still within the space of a day in the past i can put on and lose up to 5lb in the space of a day. Tried water retention tablet with no help and the doctors aren't paying any attention. I wish they would just try me on thyroxine to see if it would work. They have said it has mild side effects but I would rather have them and see if it works than keep thinking something is wrong and nothing is getting done about it.

lauren
Old 07-17-2004, 07:21 AM   #14  

You keep on at that doc lauren Won't hurt to see the dietician. My mam takes thyroxine.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:32 AM   #15  
honourary nutcase

and I am. but I;ll stick at this and see the dietician first see what they say to my food diary and exercise first.... where has everyone gone. Its awful quiet round here