Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 08:23 AM   #1  

Default Tight and Tone Tuesday!

I am just wishful thinking here. I put on my skirt this morning and it is the sort of material that kind of shows your flaws and I realized that I am SO far from tone right now. I weigh less which is wonderful BUT I am in need of some serious toning Thank God the Exercise Challenge starts in a couple of day. I may start it today so that we can state our goals and then start logging hours/minutes on the 1st of July. I desperately need it.

I haven't been around the past few days due to busyness. I will be in the office more today so I will be around. Nothing much new here. DH and I leave to go to Mackinac on Thursday. I cannot wait to shop. I was hoping to be a bit more svelte by now but I have not been doing well eating or with exercise so that makes it difficult to lose weight. Go figure

BBL Ladies!
Old 06-29-2004, 09:11 AM   #2  
Running Babe

Talking

Morning All!

Anyway, yesterday was exciting as I watched Canada's national sport (elections).

Oh, according to my doc, I don't realize when things are bothing me which makes me binge... for me that kind of makes sense. I have been so good at supressing feelings all my life that I deny things bother me when they do etc. She also thinks I have ADD (which for me is like 'duh')..

Hi Becky, I'll be starting the challenge soon! I am also thinking of a Belle Bridal Challenge too which will be three months long or around there (this will be more of the eating well/wellness challenge to compliment the exercise thread)...

Anyhoo have a good day!

Ali

Last edited by Sweater Girl; 06-29-2004 at 09:45 AM.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:20 AM   #3  
Eve's Mom

Ooooo - a Belle Bridal Challenge. I guess that means I have to be in it! That actually sounds WONDERFUL!! Let's do it....it's 14. 5 weeks away!! Yikes.

I had a sort of a bad experience with my sister yesterday, I have to share to get it off my chest.

She was thinner than me but gained weight (she always yo-yos and is at her all time high)- she's 5'3 so I am taller than her, but she wears 16/18 and I wear 16. She gained a lot of weight recently. Anyway, she wanted to go clothes shopping - this is cuz she was wearing my clothes and pissing me off. I have lots of colourful, fun clothes and she won't buy anything while she's "fat", but has no problem borrowing MINE. Trouble is she's been fat since Carmen was born 20 months ago and is getting bigger. Anyway, I was trying on clothes and EVERYTHING was good - if I had $$ I'd have bought a new wardrobe. But I don't. She was like, how is everything fitting? I said good, but I am only buying 2 tank tops for $18. And she was like - UGH I hate being so fat at a size 16 (etc, on and on) and I was thinking how happy I was to be a 16 finally and fit into the clothes so well (I was also thinking how she was fitting size 18, but said nothing)....and she said this AFTER I was saying how nice it was to pick up a 16 and know I'd fit it. It was really disappointing.

Anyway, it made me want to lose more weight and tick her off - so NOT the right reasons to lose weight, but who cares. She kept making comments about how she cna't believe I show my arms (my wedding dress is sleeveless.) b/c hers are so fat she isn't comfortable and we are the same size (in fact, she's a little bigger, but who's counting).

Anyway, it was super disappointing.

Anyway, today is a new day and what doens't kill me only makes me stronger. I am going to take what she said and use that energy to improve my weight loss and fitness efforts!!! Yay me!! I have lost lots and kept it off, I don't Yo-Yo diet!! Slow and steady wins the race (and, by the way Big Sister, it's not a race - I love her fat or thin and she is ALWAYS competing with me!!!)

Beck and Ali - I am starting today - I went for a 20 min walk with the dog today but it was pretty slow as she was snifffing and peeing (it was her morning relief walk). But after work will be a good run!!

I am glad we're focusing on exercise. Maybe for the wedding challenge I'll do that too! I want to set a reasonable weight goal as well....like 20lbs perhaps.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:40 AM   #4  
Running Babe

Belle: Sounds like your sister is down on herself and taking it out on you. If it bothers you that much maybe talk to her and tell her that you worked hard to get down to a size 16 and it makes you uncomfortable how much she berates herself that she got to that size. Perhaps Tell her you love her no matter what, but if she keeps getting down on her size or herself you don't want to hear it since she's tearing down someone you love. Say you'll be there to support her endeavors, but you don't want to support her destructive comments (I am getting too much into psychology). Sometimes when people are down they bring others down too.. It usually isn't overtly intentional (it's more subconscious). Maybe suggest a positive physical activity you could do together.. Maybe arrange a day once a week where you walk with her girls, or maybe just the two of you have some sister time and take a physcial class of somesort or something. Take care and just hope she was having a bad day yesterday.

Yup, I thought you'd like the title of that challenge

Cheers!

Ali
Old 06-29-2004, 11:58 AM   #5  
Proud Canadian

Hey everyone - I lurked yesterday but didn't get a chance to post. I was POP yesterday and ended the day with some good exercise at volleyball (which was AFTER walking to and from my polling station at 7am) so I'm feeling proud of myself today. I'm also wearing new clothes (they aren't the smallest but they fit well and make me feel good. It's a long beige skirt that makes me have to take small steps and a sleeveless button up shirt with a collar - cool and summery. It's so great to wear clothes that fit and feel good about it. I'm all over a Belle Bridal Challenge - I have a pair of size 14 pants just waiting to be my goal!!
Becky - Is it a special shopping trip? are you getting a whole new wardrobe?
Ali - I thought it took forever for results out here - you guys must have been up late. Three ridings still hadn't been decided when I went to bed. BC had a couple of close races. It was fun to watch it unfold.
Belle - It sounds like your sister is really unhappy with herself. That's kind of sad. If she continues to bother you just tell her to do something about it. If she talks about how she doesn't like something about her body, tell her to change it - like you are - let her know that you'd be there to support her if she'd be there to support you. And, even though it's not "good motivation" - it's motivation and we've got to get our motivation wherever we can so I say - USE IT!!

OK - long day ahead so I should get started - I'll try to check back in this afternoon.

KT
Old 06-29-2004, 01:16 PM   #6  

Hi everyone ! I have been lurking but unable to post due to an extremely hectic work schedule. Eating has actually been ok, but I haven't exersized...I want to join the challenge. My personal challenge this week is to fit in two to three days of exersize.....

The baby is much better-part of my stress last week was in bringing her back and forth to the hospital...I've also had horrendous work hours....

I WI this Thursday and am hoping for a loss-things feel looser even though I haven;t been exersizing..

Belle, I agree with Ali-I think you should say something to her, in a nice way, about how her comments made you feel-sounds like she is projecting her own self image-good for motivation though! I'm in for Belle's bridal challenge
Old 06-29-2004, 10:10 PM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Girls sorry about being MIA
I quit my job!!! HAlleluya!
and Im running around like a mad woman doing wedding stuff AAAAAH! but I will pop in before the big day!
today I got an airbrush tan the legs are a bit dubious but its all good I will try to pop on tommorrow!
Closed Thread