Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 09:27 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Cool Famously Friday

Hey Chiquichita's,

I hope all is well... I didn't do too well yesterday, BUT I still have 5 flexpoints left for the week and my slight thing of over eating was definitely not the worst I have ever experienced. I am off to a good start today

Anyway, I am getting so wrapped up in election coverage, I never took one so seriously before, I even wrote e-mails to the 3 main candidates in my riding asking questions of maternity leave, day care and job creation/security. I got one office calling me 5 mins after I sent it. I was impressed.

I was going to run last night and then the clouds broke open and it was pouring Oh well!

I am going to a BBQ tomorrow and to a bar ce soir and then I'll be procrastinating on packing for the rest of the weekend

Cheers!

Ali
Old 06-25-2004, 09:56 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Today I'm doped up on Tylenol Arthritis so I'm having chocolate and coffee I just had a York Pep Pattie but it was the new choc truffle variety, not the same as the original but worth a shot and I have reeses PB cups for later ok so I'm bad
Ali your weekend sounds fun!
Back to work I'll bbl
Old 06-25-2004, 10:18 AM   #3  
Eve's Mom

GIRLS! It's been a hectic week. I Have lurked here and there, but was out of town and stuff so it was tough to get time!

WW wise I have been OKbut missed WI as I was in the field. I threw out my neck (putting in a ponytail?) and have been hardly able to move. I feel like batman! But other than that, it's been good.

KIER - sorry you are doped up - do you have arthritis?
ALI - you go girl. When is your week up?? Five is good to have left over.

I have to run, but bbl

PS how sad that one of the olson twins is anorexic...they're only like 16, aren't they? sad....
Old 06-25-2004, 10:23 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I have fibromyalgia but they didn't have alleve so i figured this arthritus crap was the next best thing
the ponytail thing sounds like somethign I'd do
thats so crazy about that olsen twin but if you think about it she might have tons of cash but realistically she never got to be anything more than a money machine you know? it probably was the one constant in ehr life as gross as that seems
Old 06-25-2004, 10:56 AM   #5  
Running Babe

Poor Mary-Kate! I do feel bad for her, the media has been putting her through the wringer for being too thin for a while... I get upset at Magazine covers that proclaim stuff about actresses being too thin or too fat... They'll get all concerned when an actress looks too thin, but the second an actress is a size 6, 8 or whatever, she's suddenly someone to mock and make fun of. I have seen covers getting at people like Martha Stewart or Kirstie Alley for gaining weight... Alicia Silverstone was chastised for her weight when she was 20 and not fat by any means. I have seen covers being delighted in pretty actresses having bad skin days, cellulite, looking tired and make-up free... Apparently on the radio this morning Britney's (Britney has been struggling with her weight, not badly or anything) record label doesn't want her to gain weight while she's out resting her knee. I also read somewhere that Jessica Simpson who has a BMI of like 19 was told to weigh less that 102lbs , a weight she felt should couldn't maintain as it was and a weight she couldn't get under. I'll get off of my now.

Belle: I have done weird things like that before too... I was stretching once and it did something to my neck. Take care!

Kierie: My Bf's dad has that and he does get sore a lot. He's had to hide his limp before due to the nature of his job. You take care!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 06-25-2004, 12:03 PM   #6  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey everyone. My life is so hectic at the moment. Work is crazy and I can't seem to catch up at all. We are leaving after work for camping, but the temps are hitting record lows the last couple days and I am afraid we will freeze. The evenings are in the 40's!!!! Brrr, hope the kids can handle it.

I am running home at lunch to make sure everything is packed in the truck, then after work we pick up the kids, drive home, grab the dog and we are off!

I will try to pop in later!

KO, MIL has that and is always sore. Rest up!!!

OK, I am off!
Old 06-25-2004, 12:58 PM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Thanks for the sentiments ladies! lots of tylenol and chocolate help its just somethign I'm used too
This AM has been sooo hectic!! rewriting a manual and dealing with a witcharse client I usually eat before lunch and then use my 1/2 hour to get out of here and get some air (not fresh air mind you this is NYC)
only 4 hours left in the day COME ON 5 oclock!
BTW DF and I are walkign into our reception to I'm walking on Sunshine!
Old 06-25-2004, 01:31 PM   #8  
Eve's Mom

That's an awesome song to walk in to Kier!! You MUSTpost pics. I didn't know youwere right in NYC. If DF and i Have time we should go down tovisit you when we're in NB!

Jen, we're campingnext weekend with my nieces -it gets SUPER cold in the mountains at night so I am surewe'll freeze too...good luck and have fun!

Re: Olson twin it must be tough - it's a catch22 you are eithertoo fat or too thin. What is UP with that in Hollywood. What is classified as just right?

Well, I have to run but I'll be back!!!

If I miss you all leaving have a FAB weekend and be good - "see" you on Monday.
Old 06-25-2004, 03:54 PM   #9  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone - I couldn't get on until now and I can't stay long - Busy morning again and I'm feeling really dizzy - I think I'm just dehydrated but I'm having a hard time getting water into my system. Maybe some tea...
Kier - good entry song - my sister and her husband walked in to darth vader's theme music (from the original Star Wars trilogy) - he planned it but she laughed..
Ali - I'm torn for the election - I don't like my party's candidate in my riding but I don't really want to go against the party...I'll have to look at it over the weekend...
Belle - Camping in the mountains? Crazy!!
Jen - camping with little kids? Scary!! - hope you both have fun!!
Gotta fly - have a great weekend everyone!!

KT
Closed Thread