Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 01:30 PM   #1  

Exclamation new to this!!!!

Hello,
My name is Jessica and I am gald to be here. I have read some of the posts and have been picked up from a slow start this morning. I think that i have found a place to talk about my weight loss and stuggle. So please if any of you have advice for me then please do share. I am a mother of three, 6 and under and i am going to start going to the gym today!!! I live in southern Cali and have been overweight for about 7 years. This is the first time though I am bringing God into the equation. I believe that with His Grace and all of your all's support I can make this really work.

hw~250lbs
cw~245lbs 6/22/04
gw~150lbs/ then set a new goal of 135-140
Thank you,
Jessica.D
Old 06-22-2004, 02:56 PM   #2  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Welcome *JESSICA*

And CONGRATS on joining a gym!!
How did it go for you today?

I posted on the Christian Encouragers Thread too and have introduced myself there... here is the LINK to the thread for you
Just clink on it---
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...t=41812&page=6

Hope to see you there!
*God Bless*
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 06-23-2004, 09:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Hi Jessica, I too am a mother. 4 children 10 and under. Like you I have struggled with my weight for yrs. I can tell you as of now you have made 3 really smart decisions. You've added your Heavenly Father to the equation : through Him all things are possible, you've joined a gym : I hope it went well for you, don't be intimidated and ask those around you for help, most health enthusiasts are very willing to share their knowledge, #3 you've come to 3FC : I see you've allready met Sunny, she's terrific for encouragmnet and understanding as are so many of the people here. Good luck on your new journey. My prayers are with you.

Kristi
Old 09-28-2004, 02:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/159/140

Height: 5' 4"

Hello and welcome! I am a working Mother of two (I actually work at Subway...yummy! LOL). My son will be 7 in Nov and my daughter just turned 3 in Aug. I've been married for 7 years and we all live in SE GA. I was born and raised in So. CA though, what part are you from?

Congratulations on putting God in the equation--I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Amen! Amen! Also, congratulations about joining the gym, that is too awesome! We have a Curves in town, and now that I'm working parttime while the kids are in school, I'm thinking of going to work out on a regular basis. I've known of women who go and just love it! It's all women and the workouts are like 30 minutes long--but not only do they see results in their weight, they also see it in their inches and self esteem...and I just think that's great!

Welcome to the boards! I just found this particular forum myself and I'm just lovin' it!
Old 10-27-2004, 04:43 PM   #5  

Hi all! Married 7 years, 4 children ages 6 and under trying to lose 60 lbs here. God is my strength, but I tend to try doing things on my own even when I know He is my provider.
I'm lurking on a lot of forums, but really would like to get active. I tend to do better with a small group so here I am.
How is everyone today?
Old 06-15-2005, 11:39 AM   #6  

Default Jessica

Dear Jessica............you are NOT ALONE. I have struggled all my life and lately I have had some well meaning friends urging me to get a gastric by pass. I'm too afraid of this drastic of a measure. My weight now is 273. This is the most I have ever weighed in my life and I'm scared. I have been taking some medication for depression and it has added to my hunger. It is like being between a rock and a hard place isn't it. WHY DO WE EAT? Obviously this is a habit that is hurtful to ourselves? Puzzled..........JUDY
Closed Thread