Old 06-10-2004, 04:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Stay at Home Moms #191

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 04:33 PM   #2  

Hey girls!!

I did eventually get my 30 minutes of resistance training done. Damn hubby made the oatmeal cookies I swear they will be my undoing lol. I told him he's setting me up for failure lol. So I made some with whole wheat flower and splenda and egg substitute, and smart balance margarine spread, ehhh they were ok not nearly as good as full fat but hey beggers can't be choosers lol.

I'm getting ready to take a little nap and then when I get up, I have 4 miles to walk and then I'm calling it a day for the exercise. That will be 2 hours and 15 minutes of exercise for today!

Ok I'm off for a little bit! I hope you are all doing good!!
Michelle
Old 06-10-2004, 06:31 PM   #3  

Good gravy Michelle, I'm exhausted just thinking about the amount of exercise you do in one day!! Great job by the way, hope you enjoyed the nap.

My playdate was nice, good to get out of the house. I feel so evil talking about my friend this way, but I just got to say her house was a total pig stye. Sadder yet, is I know she probably cleaned up some anticipating my visit. My boys, teething like little vampires, want to put everything in their mouth so I was basically sitting there gritting my teeth for 3 hours and while inside I was just grossing out. I don't know how she can stand it, it's totally not babyproofed at all, so I was up and down trying to keep my lil guys from destroying things and breaking things. Arg, what a nightmare. Maybe she will be willing to come to my house next time. Not to say I'm perfect or anything, but my house wont kill ya either.

Boys are just popping up from thier afternoon nap. I'm still cleaning bathrooms and wrapping more birthday gifts as I have another party to go to this weekend.

Not much else going on, sorry I didn't get a chance to post to each of you individually, but I'll try and catch up this evening. I swear I just blink and you ladies have filled up 3 pages of posts! LOL SLOW DOWN!

hugs to you all, I'm feeling very motivated this week because of you all by the way!
-Di
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 07:22 PM   #4  
SAHM of 3

Okay there have been too many posts for me right now.
I did take an hour and a half nap. I never ate lunch though, I had a banana and when I woke up I had a cupcake and some crackers. Then dh got home and said he was going fishing at the creek since we've had so much rain so I said I'm taking the kids out to eat. I could NOT stand in this kitchen and cook. I took them to Carmona's a WONDERFUL Tex-Mex rest. I stopped and invited my dad, he LOVES mexican food, would have it for every meal if her could. Anyways, obviously that wasn't great for me, but it was SOOOOO good.
Lisa, glad you are back.
Di, sorry about your playdate.
Spryng, I know this will pass. This is the worst one yet though and I guess I'm just having a difficult time dealing with it. When I was pregnant with my others I worked, so I always had a reason to get up and as I got up and went along my day, but now it's different.
Anyways, I'll check in later MAYBE!!!
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 07:42 PM   #5  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Hello!!

DH said his interview was very promising today, so hopefully by next week he will no longer be self employed. I hate the instability of it all.

My mom popped in for a surprise visit today, and stayed all afternoon which was rare, but very nice.(She called me skinny, BTW) So I haven't done anything else today.

Michelle...you want to be a SWAN, don't you? That's an awful lot of exercise chick!!

Di...I have a friend just like that. She says she's been cleaning all day and I go visit and I am just so confused, Cuz I don't see it!! At least you walk away with a big boost of self confidence when you visit a place like that. Too bad you have to worry about the babies and ruin a good visit though.

I still have some cardio to do, because I did my weights already.

BAck in a bit!

Love to all!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 07:55 PM   #6  

I DO want to be a SWAN I do I do!!!! lol I know those girls had some help with plastic surgery but geez they worked hard and still had lots of work to do after their surgeries and man oh man I would just love to look fan-fricken-tastic again lol.

Cindi - you go with the exercise girl!! Keep it up I'll bet you are in One-derland yesterday!!

Di - Sorry your playgroup environment left lots to be desired lol.

Crystal - Hang in there girly!!

Ok off to eat some dinner!
Michelle
Old 06-10-2004, 09:29 PM   #7  
Walking away the weight

Good evening I'm still totally OP for the day. May even come in 1 point under. I have no idea why this keeps happening, but I don't want to lose too much too quickly because I know that's worse for maintenance.

Michelle - it's great that you keep up the work out schedule you do. your attempt at low-carb oatmeal cookies is cute. Maybe you'll find some in the store.

Di - sorry your friend's house is so odd. Maybe meeting at your place or in a park is best

Crystal - I love tex-mex! I guess I've already mentioned that 50 million times Anyway, it sounds like you're able to eat so little that if you can eat Mexican, go for it - at least you're eating something.

Cindi - I can only imagine how stressful the job situation is. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys. and ((hugs)) to you!

Well, it's nice having the relatives here but nobody has said anything about the weight I've lost Actually, I think they're just being polite and don't want to seem like they "noticed" I was overweight. Still, I'd prefer looks of shock and awe
Well, it's back to my power walk tomorrow. Oh, ya'll would be so proud of me! The rest of the family is planning to meet for breakfast at a bagel place in the morning, but am I joining them? No! - I'm going on my power walk and eating my regular, healthy breakfast.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 09:39 PM   #8  
Walking away the weight

Hi, Lisa. I'm here. Tell yourself that this is a choice. That it isn't easy. That you'll have to make hard choices every day. But it's a choice you can make, and you will make the right one. I'm sure of it - I have faith in you!!! Are you still online?
Old 06-10-2004, 10:33 PM   #9  

What a perfect life! I got to the gym early this morning. JW takes a two hour morning nap, we have lunch and play. He takes another nap and I get one too. I have MOMs Night with the girls and get this DH CLEANED THE STUDY!
I am always on him about it. It looks great, both desk are clear. If only we could keep it this way. It still have stuff everyway, but in the right places. WoW what a difference. The drying up is getting a little easier as well.

Have a Happy evening! I will post after this shower is over. We will be busy tomorrow.
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 10:39 PM   #10  

Lisa!! Resist Resist Resist!! Come on girl you are strong!!!! I know you can do it!! Repeat after me: Cupcakes = I will not indulge Cupcakes = I will not indulge, I will be strong no no scratch that I AM strong I WILL succeed!! one more time, cupcakes = Hang in there girl!

I'm proud of myself I got 2 hours of exercise in today, I ended up only doing 5 miles and then 45 minutes of resistance training. Woo hoo I bet my arms are gonna hurt so good tomorrow! ohhh it hurts so good come on baby make it hurt so good, whoops sorry got to singin there lol hey at least you guys don't have to see when I'm singing opera LMAO!!
Dinner, I just had a leftover 4 oz pork chop and 1.5 cup cauliflower, and 1.5 cup broccoli!! I went slack on my veggies lately so maybe that could be another reason my scale stalled out on me lol. I got 128 oz of water in today too which I have only been getting 96 oz lately so that may help, but hubby won't pull out the scale until sunday. What a sweetheart!

Leigh - Girl when you have a side by side comparison of full fat/ low fat food omg there is no comparison lol the full fat is definately the taste winner lol. But I'm still on track for today. I did well I think! Especially with the exercise! Girl I just can't wait to hear your WI!!! AND..... on making a healthy breakfast choice for tomorrow!!

Cindi - Can't wait to hear your WI either!!

Spryng - You weigh in tomorrow too don't you?

Di - Ohhh I just loved the nap!! I was so relaxed and totally conked out lol. Taylor crawled in with me and went to sleep too so I had one of my cuddle bunnies with me. I can't get enough of them, so sweet!!

Spryng - How was the pepper steak? I hope you liked it!!

Well I got all washed up after my workout and smellin good now so hopefully hubby is coming to bed soon

Ok girls I'll leave you alone now lol I'm sure you've had enough of my brand of zanyness (sp?) LOL.
Goodnight!!
Michelle
Old 06-10-2004, 11:48 PM   #11  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Smile

It's me again.

I could only finish half of my dinner tonight, so that's a good thing. My salmon was good, but not as good as if I had grilled it.

I GOT ALL OF MY WATER IN TODAY!! That's a first for me. So all in all this has been a good week!!! Even if the scale isn't where I want it, I know I have improved in several areas, so I am still proud of me!!!

LISA...WTG on the willpower!!!

WHAT is this nap thing you ladies speak of???? Never had one!!!

Til tomorrow...
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 07:59 AM   #12  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Ok Ladies,
One more day till party day and then I will be back everyday again! You won't be able to get rid of me .....

Geri... I know how you felt getting things ready for the boys party now... whew.......

Anyhow, I will address everyone personally after the party I PROMISE ... HUGS

Oh and Lisa,
Even though I haven't been posting much during the last couple days ... I am glad to see you here! You sound like just an inspiration to us all Glad you are staying!!! We all have the same rights here!

HUGS TO YOU ALL,
PENNY
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 08:49 AM   #13  
Walking away the weight

Weigh In Day, Weigh In Day, Weigh In Day . . . I'm down to 163!!! A 3 lb. loss this week I'm not sure how that happened, but maybe because I've added the toning tapes to my work out routine. I'm so excited . . . this means I am only 1 lb away from my first 10 lb loss!

Lisa- TOM is evil and should never be trusted to tell you the truth! Sorry I couldn't stay online. I stayed for about 15 minutes, but then my DH called and I logged off. Glad you got through that, though.

Melinda - have fun on your Mom's Night out.

Michelle - with all that exercise, you could probably eat whatever you like Just kidding. That's awesome, though.

Cindi - I'm glad you're so on track withthings. Good for you!

Penny - Tell us how the party goes. I can't wait to hear the details.

Funny story. Our dog (he's a mini Dachshund) has been hungrier than usual the past week or so. He would stand by the closet where his food is and cry, begging for more dog food I couldn't figure out what was making him so hungry - he has a fairly small appetite (he only weighs 12 lbs!). Last night it suddenly dawned on me . . . he's been walking with us every morning, so he's exercising a lot more Poor little guy - I should have added activity points to his daily diet

Well, take care. I need to get Liam dressed and head out for our walk.
Old 06-11-2004, 08:53 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!!

Well I am excited this morning from my WI but I hope it's not just a fluke thing. I'm down to 128.5!!!!! Could I have busted through my plateau?? I'm almost afraid to think that then next week I'm back to 129 or 130 again. But I've never seen 128.5 yet so that must mean something right???? But I am very happy with that. Only 3.5 lbs until I hit my personal goal and can start maintaining. So as slow as I am losing I should see that in about 6 months, LOL.
My pepper steak came out good last night. It was like a hyped up spaghetti, but I have been craving spaghetti so it hit the spot. My kids ate it up.
And today is my flexpoint day so later I will be making a run for some kind of fast food. I've been wanting some fries ALL week and now I can have them, lol. So dinner tonight will be take out. What are you all having?
Sorry I didn't post again last night. I think I am getting sick. My throat progressively got sorer as the night went on so I hit the Vit C and today will be hitting the Zicam. I did watch the MTV movie award show last night. It had some cute parts in it and a couple good performances.

Penny, hope that party is a smash!

Cindi, how did you make your salmon? and congrats on getting in all your water! I got all mine in yesterday too.

Michelle, I would love to be a swan with you, but I'll let you go to the pageant I just want the surgeries, lol. But I want them to leave my nose alone, lol. And NO cheek implants or chin implants. But everything else they can fix, lol. Congrats on getting all that exercise in! Are you trying to beat your miles walked from last month? Because 71 miles is impressive. So are you going through scale withdrawels??

Melinda, how was your mom's night out? Sounds like you had a great day yesterday!

Lisa, were you able to resisit those cupcakes?? That is where I screwed up the other night. I wanted something chocolate so badly so I had a small dinner so I could have a piece of that cake I made but I couldn't stop at a small piece I had to have a chunk!!! I guess it didn't hurt me but I felt so horrible about it afterwards. Remember, nothing tastes as good as thin feels, lol.

Leigh, don't worry about coming in under pts every now and then. It's normal. And none of DH's family noticed my weight loss either, or at least wouldn't say anything for the longest time. But once I hit goal I would get remarks like, careful or she'll blow away and stuff like that that actually made me feel good because they did notice afterall. lol.

Crystal, so glad you were able to get in a nap yesterday and get out to a nice dinner! I love mexican food too.

Di, I used to be your friend. LOL. My house was always a wreck and I would spend hours trying to get it looking clean before someone would come visit and still feel awful about it. But after a few suprise visits that mortified me I decided I didn't want to live that way and have been a good little housekeeper since then, lol. I guess I was a slob because of the way I was brought up. My mom was a clean freak but she didn't clean anything... it was me. I was homeschooled and that translated into their personal slave so I cooked and cleaned and ironed and ironed again... so once I got married and moved away at first I still cleaned like a maniac but then one day I was fed up and just quit. So thankfully this was all pre-kids and I found balance by the time Ava was born. But hopefully next time you can have the play date at your house. (or you can always buy her a copy of Sink Reflections (flyladies book) or show her the website. Maybe she just has no idea how to start getting her house together)

Ok, so what does everyone have planned for today? I'm going to grab a shower this morning, get my morning routine done and then maybe crochet. Oh! I finished my baby blanket yesterday, hood and all. Im very proud of myself. I started on that big afghan but the pattern is very easy but the yarn I bought it (the one the pattern called for) is very thick and ripply (if that makes sense) and dark colors so I couldn't tell where one stitch ended and the next began! I was so frustrated so I quit that one and am now working on another baby blanket that is soft squares. It's in baby blue. I got almost one whole square done last night.
Ok, getting off here now. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 08:55 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Leigh congrats on the 3#!!! No wonder you were excited!! And that is too funny about your dog! He's building lean muscle too! LOL.

ok, gotta go. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote