View Poll Results: What's The ONE Type Of Makeup You Can't Live Without?
Foundation 2 13.33%
Lipstick 5 33.33%
Mascara 2 13.33%
Eyeliner 2 13.33%
Blush 1 6.67%
Eye Shadow 0 0%
I Don't Wear Makeup 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 09:17 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozie's......(#92)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Old 06-02-2004, 09:22 AM   #2  

Don't Forget To Go Back To #91 And Read The Last Few Posts There!!
Old 06-02-2004, 10:04 AM   #3  

I posted to everyone and then it said the thread was closed. It must have been while Sherry was starting a new one. I'll try to re-post it later!
Old 06-02-2004, 12:08 PM   #4  
Losing it!

I voted blush, only because at least it adds a glow to the face. I NEED all of it!!!!!

Ramona and Vicki, I switched over to the Bare Escentuals and I LOVE it! I have the foundation, minerial veil, bisque, glee and warmth. I mix the glee and warmth together to create eye color and blush. Today I even mixed some with a bit of vaseline to get a lip gloss! I can't believe the coverage, it even covers my freckles!
Old 06-02-2004, 12:15 PM   #5  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Who's the other one who doesn't wear makeup?
Old 06-02-2004, 01:03 PM   #6  

Okay, I'm going to try and re-create the post I lost earlier.

Shelley, I failed to wish you a happy birthday so....HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I did remember, I just wasn't very good about getting it posted. SORRY!

Sherry, I was also wondering about your house. Will you put it on the market after you move, or are you having to deal with that right now too? My neice who just graduated from college in Nashville has moved to an apartment in Donelson. Is that where you are moving? I hope the new medicine helps Wayne and he will be good as new soon. Don't worry about those pounds. Stress will do that to you. I'll cheer for you if you'll cheer for me and we'll both get back in the game.

Thank you all for the compliments on the picture. I was pleased with how it turned out. As far as the "wild hair" thing.....well, let's just say I don't look anything like that picture now. I've gotten mixed reviews, but I needed a complete change and that's certainly what I got! I'll try and post a picture this week and see what you guys think.

I wanted to ask your opinion on something. After we left the funeral home, my dad handed me a velvet bag with my mom's wedding set in it. It is a simple 1 carat marquise with baguettes on the side so it isn't something that screams out "look at me". It is just a simple elegant ring. I've been wearing it on my right hand ever since. Some people seem to think it is creepy, but I think it shows honor for the person. What do you guys think?

Well, I'm the only person in CID working today so I better act busy in case I have any "customers" come in. hahaha

Talk to you later girls.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:45 PM   #7  
Losing it!

I agree with you Ramona. If the ring held a dear place in your moms heart, then it belongs on your hand. I'm sure your dad feels the same way since he gave it to you.
My mom gave Liz my dads wedding band just about six months ago. She had it sized and wears it as a simple gold band on her right hand. It makes me feel good to know she wants a part of her grandad with her even if she really can't remember too much about him. After my dad passed away, my mom took her old wedding set and the present set she was wearing in to the jewelers and had a new ring made from the gold and diamonds. She was tired of the comments made by some because she wanted to still wear her wedding rings after dad was gone. With the new ring she still feels like she is holding on to her memories and keeping her wedding set with her, but in a different way now. Please just do whatever gives you comfort and ignore any negative comments by others.
Old 06-02-2004, 03:20 PM   #8  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Ramona, for years after my grandmother died, my grandfather wore her wedding set on a gold chain around his neck. It just made him feel close to her, I think.

How you handle your mom's passing - including how you decide to wear her jewelry - is no one's business but your own. If it makes them feel "creepy," so what? She was your mom. You remember her how you need to. (And for the record, I don't think it's creepy at all!)
Old 06-02-2004, 03:23 PM   #9  

Ramona--wear it proudly! Can't wait to see your new pic--you are lovely. And your men don't hurt the eyes, either!

Gayle--I'm glad your mom found a solution to keeping her wedding set. Seems to me like people should mind their own business when it comes to things like that--who are we to put a time limit on how long a person wears their love for someone else?
OH--and did you get to drink any beer while you were camping? Don't consume the nasty stuff myself, but, hey! whatever it takes to make those wild outdoors bearable. And, while I'm on the subject, how does one camp without hills or mountains?

Jennelle--I would be the other bare-faced Floozie. Can't stand the stuff, makes me feel icky.

Hello to all my other Floozie friends!
Old 06-02-2004, 03:55 PM   #10  

Gayle, I meant to tell you that I'm so glad you are happy with the B.E. makeup. It is absoulutely the best stuff out there in my opinion. It feels like wearing nothing at all! Oh, if you get the chance, you might want to order some of the "buzz latte" lip balm. You can dip it in the glee or warmth and it makes a wonderful light lipstick. You can really use any stick lip balm, but the buzz is soooooo yummy!

Thanks for all the feedback on the ring. I will wear it always with pride and with love.

Okay girls, I'm trying to get back on track and get this weight off. I don't feel like I can just jump in with both feet right now, so I'm starting by once again giving up the soft drinks (I was drinking several Dr. Peppers at night to stay awake) and I'm guzzling the water. That's all I want to tackle for now. I'm just going to take baby steps.

We have just two more days with Ben so we are going to Little Rock tonight and we're taking him to Shogun's to eat. It is almost as much fun watching the Japanese Chef prepare the food as it is to eat it!

Talk to you all later.....
Old 06-02-2004, 07:04 PM   #11  

Ramona-Wear the ring proudly! I have worn my grandma's wedding ring for years. Also, I have several of my aunt's jewelry that I wear often. Just be sure it fits right. I will never forgive myself. After my aunt died, I got a pinky ring that for years she said she was going to will to me. I was wearing it one day, then I noticed it missing off my finger. I looked everywhere. That was over 7 years ago, and I am still beating myself up over it. I will miss the ring forever, especially since she wanted me to have it.
Old 06-02-2004, 07:11 PM   #12  

Default Hello Gals

how is everyone tonite...

Sorry just catching up on everything here..
Had a busy wk/end with Cara's party which believe it or not turned out great.
Didn't have to kill any of the IL's which was a miracle...They behaved well.
None of my side of the family was there but what did i expect.

Mom has moved to her new home and is close to Dad and my youngest sister and she seems to like it. My dad has to get his car fixed some little old lady backed out of her spot and hit him...If it doesn't rain it pours for my poor family....

Sher & Deb...sounds like you had a good cookout.
Gayle...Hey did you drink some beer for me also.!!!!!!
Shelley ...Happy Belated Birthday and i heard that the Fl weather was unbearable with no rain.. I will give you ours. We have had Tornado Warnings and plenty of rain.
My niece and her Dad were in the tornado in Indiana but came out of it OK. This is the one who was hit by drunk driver. So glad nothing happened to her.

Well i am tired and going to chill and read my book.

Later all my friends i didn't get to tonite...

Love you all

Vicki
Old 06-03-2004, 12:09 AM   #13  
Losing it!

Cheryl, give us Kansans a flat area of ground, a creek or pond to go fishing in, a cooler full of beer and we make do! I HATE to camp out, but my brother wanted to do this with all of the kids. So, being the lovely parents we are, we "sucked" it up and had the big "sleepover". I'm happy we did it now, today hail came through and wiped out my brothers soybean crop.

Vickster, nice to hear from you! Post pics when you can!!!!

Ramona, I found a neat web site that I ordered the BE from. They offer the full size product plus half sizes. They ship out within 24 hours, I had my order in a matter of a few days. I can already tell the warmth and glee are going to last me forever!!! Do you use anything under your eyes to help with darkness? I purchased some of the bisque, but I need to invest in a small concealer brush. I'm trying to apply everything with the all purpose brush.

Shelley, I'm sorry to hear about you losing a ring so precious to you. One never knows, I've read before about people finding a piece of jewelry after years of being misplaced or lost.

We had a wind storm come through today along with rain and hail. The high wind derailed a train and blew a semi off the highway and over into a field, I think it must of been a small twister. This happened about 15 miles from our house.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:24 AM   #14  

Vicki-I'm glad the grad stuff turned out great! I hope Cara got lots of money to help out in her college years.

I am feeling like I may have lost a lb. or 2 this week. I hope it keeps up. I have been running quite a bit, even though the weather is so hot. I'm trying to get ready for another 1/2 in Jan. (the same one I ran last Jan.) The bottom of my left foot is pretty sore, though. I am hoping that I don't have plantar whatever it's called.
Old 06-03-2004, 08:21 AM   #15  

Good Mornin'

I'm about to leave to go to Ky to Mom & Dad's. We will be setting up the yard sale all day & pricing items. Tomorrow & Saturday will be the sale. I will be spending the night tonight & Friday night. I won't be home until Saturday afternoon. Since Mom doesn't have a computer, I can't check in with ya'll until I get home.

Ramona....I do live in Donelson & will be moving to Donelson also. Our new home is only about 5 miles from here. BTW: Our house has sold!! We gave the new owners 30 days so we could be moved out.

Shelley....If School is out...Why the heck are you up at 4:30am???!!!!

To All My Floozie Friends....Gotta go.....Be Good, Take Care & I'll Miss Ya!!!! See you on Saturday afternoon!!!

BIG HUGS!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread