WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2001, 10:49 PM   #1  

Thumbs down

Has anyone seen the new Kraft 2% Mozzarella singles? I just love the cheddar 2% singles, so when I saw the Mozzarella ones I just had to try them. They are better than the Fat Free cheese I think because they have more flavor, melt easier, and are only 1pt for one slice. I made a little pizza with them by taking a whole wheat pita bread (2pts) and putting some tomato sauce on it, some green pepper and onion, some minced garlic, diced tomatoes and some jalepenos for a little kick and topped it with a slice of the 2% mozzarella (1pt) , baked it, and voila- a delicous pizza with only 3pts!
Old 04-10-2001, 08:16 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I love the 2% American...I make a breakfast sandwich with it--egg, cheese and bacon bits on a pita for 5 pts...better than the fast food places!

I agree, this cheese melts way better than the fat free stuff. I always have this on hand in my refrigerator.
Old 04-10-2001, 01:35 PM   #3  

I recently discovered the Kraft 2% PEPPERJACK singles and I absolutely LOVE them! Mmmm...

Makes a kicky grilled cheese on low point bread...or a tasty quesadilla with a little salsa. Love 'em, love 'em...
Old 04-12-2001, 12:41 PM   #4  
Chicklet

Thanks for the info ladies!
I just tried the ff cheddar slices and thought not bad for one pt. But if the 2% is 1 pt as well.......... I will definately switch! I love cheese and have been very careful about not having too much in the house!!

Lynn
255/227/160
Old 04-12-2001, 04:32 PM   #5  

Default Kraft 2%

Hey, I found them just this week. Like Lynn, I was using f/f, now with these being one point, I'll get them instead.

This noon, I had a roasted onion Boca burger, a whole wheat pita, and stuffed one of the singles in too, along with some chopped onion, and honey mustard. Really good and only 3 points too!

I did the Boca burger in a pan on the stove, like that much better than in the micro. Chopped it up a bit, and it got kinda crunchy too. MMMMMM

TTFN
Old 04-12-2001, 05:32 PM   #6  
Rat Terrier Chick

Default Thank you Neon...

for your post about the 2% Kraft cheese slices. I hate FF cheese (tasteless!) so always spent 2 points on mozzarella and pepperjack cheese slices. After reading about the new cheeses here, I picked up both my favorites and was so surprised to find they actually taste like the higher point slices. Again thank you for passing this info on to the rest of us!
Old 04-14-2001, 09:10 PM   #7  

I love the pepperjack!! My new find. I like the others as well.

Gentle Angel
Old 04-19-2001, 09:35 AM   #8  

The 2% singles also count as a milk if you have 2 slices.
Old 04-19-2001, 03:04 PM   #9  
Back To Lifetime....!!

Is the pepperjack very spicy and is it only 1 pont as well? Thanks for all the great info!

Nona
Old 04-20-2001, 03:13 PM   #10  
Rat Terrier Chick

Default Pepperjack

The 2% pepperjack tastes just like regular pepperjack to me. It's just a little spicy, not hot. If you've ever tasted regular pepperjack, then you will know what this tastes like. And YES! It is only 1 point per slice!
Closed Thread