South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 06:16 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hump Day - Wednesday, May 19

Good morning, Beach Beauties! A gorgeous May morning is unfolding after yesterdays rain and thunder. I pretty much vegged all day yesterday. I felt stiff and sore from my Monday water disaster and decided the body needed a day off. Sarah cancelled because of the rain which suited me fine!

Hershey and I go to the nursing home (Maple View) this morning. We have not been there for about a year and things have changed mightily. I wonder if she will remember. (I stopped going because my visits were unofficial and I was worrying about insurance issues. Under TheraPaws, we are insured for $2M in case there is an accident involving the dog!) We will alternate MAple View and the Clinic job on Wednesdays.

This afternoon I plan to hit a coin wash in the next town. I haven't done that since the early 60's so it will be an experience. I guess I'll take a book! My new washer arrives on Friday but I need to do laundry before then! I like to start the day in clean clothes even if I am a garden grubby by 10 AM.

It's lug the stuff to the road day for the dump run so I need to get cracking. I'm throwing Tuscan Beef and Bean Stew into the crockpot so dinner is not a problem. If it dries enough, I'll work in some gardening today.

Pull up a chaise and chat a bit!
Old 05-19-2004, 06:37 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning Chicks~~

Ruth, I bet you can't wait to get that new washer. I'd be gnashing my teeth about now.

Had another night of not so wonderful sleep. Stayed up late to watch my taped episode I of Colonial House, then taped episode II. Woke up around midnight and couldn't get back to sleep til after 1:00, then woke up when dh got up to get ready for work. Fell back asleep again and the alarm went off at 6:15. UGH!

Well, gotta get in the shower...be back in a bit.

Mamacita
Old 05-19-2004, 06:56 AM   #3  

Smile

Good Morning Everyone!

I am headed out for a second day of Seminars on bean counting. Yesterday was brutal, both boring and very hard to stay on the South Beach Diet. For the 5 days prior, I had just been watching my own food intake so my cravings weren't too bad but being forced to watch everyone eat sugary snacks and very starchy lunches was really something else. I can not believe how much sugar the average person consumes without even knowing it! Thank goodness I brough my string cheese and nuts with me LOL! I am going to put together another snack pack today and am set and determined that I will stay on pace for day 7 (almost halfway to phase II and fruit!).

Have you all noticed if you are losing weight in different areas of your body on this diet? For example on WW I always lost weight from my face and behind initially and on SB my inner thighs (miracle of miracles) seem to be losing weight. I haven't weighed myself as I tend to get overzealous with it but this is definately working!

Thank you all for being so supportive and wonderful! I would never had been able to do this without you. You inspired and showed me how to do this!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 05-19-2004, 07:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning,
I decided the only way I can do everything I want to get done in a day is to get up an hour earlier. Ruth, so sorry to hear about your washer disaster! A few years ago a hose decided to burst on mine in the middle of the night. Jake discovered it when he was getting ready for work at 2am. By then, plenty of damage had been done, but you can imagine the damage if it hadn't been discoved til later in the morning! Now I turn the water off when I'm finished!
I stayed OP all weekend, and I feel great. I'm into all my size 10s again! I really believe I'll reach my goal of 130 by June 15.
DD finally had her interview at the seminary yesterday, and it went well. She's going to start taking classes in a few weeks. With a baby on the way, and a full-time job, I don't know how she's going to do it, but she's determined and stubborn, so she'll manage somehow.
No garden work for me today, it stormed all night and more is expected throughout the day. I'll have the kids, so we'll probably go to one of those indoor play parks.
Time to go to Curves, so I gotta go for now. Have a great OP day!
Old 05-19-2004, 07:47 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Wow, you girls are whirlwinds!! Is it spring?

Cottage, you are doing SO well! I can only dream of a size 10 right now. I did dump about four garbage bags of clothes last week. Got rid of a lot of "fat clothes" and some skinny clothes that I wouldn't be seen dead in. (although if I was able to fit in them right this minute, I'd wear ANYTHING!)

Adrianna, I'm glad this plan is working for you! I usually lose weight from my fat face first. But I have noticed that my stomach is shrinking.
What the heck is a "bean counting seminar"?

Mamacita, what are we going to do about you not sleeping well. Gravol? I must say, I've had a great couple of nights lately because I've been taking Buckleys Cold Capsules. Haven't slept like that in years!

Ruth, I'll bet if you had to clean up like that everyday, you'd develop some pretty wicked muscles.
A laundromat and a book... that's kind of cozy.
My peony is looking GREAT!

I'm so looking forward to today. I'm not going to the gym... I'm going to do some weights at home. Coffee, laundry, stuff around the house... what a THRILL! Seriously! Nobody had better call me or knock on my door.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:24 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chickies happy hump day. I just love hump day. Well I am up and had breakfast and have laundry in and dishes in the sink and the beds are made. It is dreary and miserable here right now but they do say that the sun is going to come out. I am keeping my I am not sure who is more shack wacky me or the kids. I am starting to get nervous as my dance show is Friday and Saturday night it is coming quick. I have 4 dance numbers and a 15 mini finalle I have to stop talking about it I am going to be sick. Ellis sorry to hear that you are not sleeping I was in bed and asleep before 10 last night it felt good. Hope you sleep better tonight. Ruthie have fun at the laundry mat, I am the same way need to start the day out in clean clothes even though I have to change shitty diapers and get lots of snotty nose leg hugs. Cottage good for you almost to goal. YGG. adrianna I always lose in my neck and face first then my waist and boobs my thighs and butt of course are always last which is where I need to lose it the most.Mamacita sorry to hear that you are not sleeping well either. Well I must go and find a way to hide the nosy car that has arrived at my house this morning. I love it when Parents send that stuff with the kids makes me the bad guy when I have to put it on the fridge. Just can't stand the noise after an hour.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:35 AM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi guys, having a dreary day. I was totally OP yesterday, though I did have three pieces of fruit. I even resisited snacking while watching tv late at night! Nontheless, I stepped on the scale today and it was back to 300. :sigh: Uggh. I know I shouldn't weigh everyday and that eventually, it all comes out in the wash, but it did bother me.

I was meant to go to the gym today. I missed Monday because we got back late on Sunday night from our day long drive back from Wisconsin. I didn't feel too bad about that. But it sucked to miss today. I was just so tired! I totally need to go to bed earlier and remember MissChevious's sig...I never regret having worked out! I just felt so on top of my game when I worked out last week.

Ixnayed the fruit for breakfast and had a V-8 instead with my oatmeal. We are having recipes from the SBD cookbook for the rest of the week, so I am not going to stress. (we had a Cooking Light recipe the last two nights). Tonight, it's the Spanish Spice Rubbed Chicken and the Asparagus au gratin dish. Has anyone tried either?

I did plant a bunch of seeds in a little greenhouse last night. I am terribly behind on that...but every year I am so early that they get very leggy. I think this might be better, even if they die from frost a month after I plant them!
Old 05-19-2004, 09:40 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Well everyone was sure up early today!!!

Ruth -- I go to the coin wash all the time [especially if I am doing my bed linens as they don't fit into the washers in my complex] and I can tell you, TAKE A BOOK or 3!!! Luckily, by me, there is also a dollar store so I can pass time that way

Laurie -- CONGRATS on getting into the 200's! @>----'----,-----

Me? I am up .6 oz. but that is ok. My stomach is still feeling weird from last night's experiement with sugar alcohols.

I am feeling better today and less funked. I am also wearing a bit of a heel and a skirt [albeit with a tee-shirt but that's ok] today too, which is totally NOT a norm for me.

Hopefully hump day will pass without a hitch!
Old 05-19-2004, 10:59 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

wow, 8 posts before 8 am? (my time, heh).

so, i bet you're all wondering how my first week's weigh-in went. it's actually 2 days of fasting, one day of regular healthy eating, and 4 days SB. but, you know.

i'm down 7 pounds from last week. SEVEN. that's huge for me. so i'm really happy and glad this plan works!
Old 05-19-2004, 11:12 AM   #10  

Good for you Holly. I am glad you are eating well again. That fasting thing scared me!
Old 05-19-2004, 03:42 PM   #11  

I am sooo staying OP today it's ridiculous!!!

Now the question is, should I stick on plan to Phase 1, since I am back to doing well, and not get fruit when I go shopping tonight. I read a post about a pear yesterday and now am craving one!

I kind of wanted to get into the 199's before I went on phase 2 -- to lose as much as possible before I go back to NY and see everyone for the first time in 6 months!
Old 05-19-2004, 08:30 PM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Holly,

I saw your pics in the album via the sticky, and your weight loss is super impressive! Especially since your before pics are exactly how I look right now! Thanks for being an inspiration!

What's with the fasting? Were you sick?

Jenn, I think you need to do what makes you feel healthy. That is going to show more than weight loss will when you get to NY.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:21 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

jenn, it's a tough call. i'd go with the "move on to phase 2" because you haven't fallen off the wagon and you should be able to have your 1 carb serving a day. but i know how much you want to be in onederland, too.

but somehow, i don't think a pear is going to keep you from a loss. so i say, go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal
What's with the fasting? Were you sick?
no, i tried a "master cleaner" fast that is supposed to clean out your insides and such. i've since found out that it can be quite unhealthy, so i'm glad i stopped after 2 days (instead of the recommended 10!)

Last edited by gonzostar; 05-19-2004 at 10:23 PM.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:29 PM   #14  
RNMOM

Default Another late nighter....

I don't know how you guys get to the computer so early in the day??????????? Worked, went to class and took an exam, came home, cleaned, did laundry and want to go exercise but I'm way too tired. Have a 12 hour shift staring me in the face tomorrow so I think I'm going to go have a nice long soak.

Ruth, hope you get a new WD soon. I couldn't quite figure out your post....going to hit some coin ops? Wondering if you'd taken up a life of crime.

Congrats on everyone being losers. It's great isn't it?
Closed Thread