Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2001, 03:57 PM   #1  

Hi Im Jenny and I thought it would be great to have a thread where we can write a little about ourselves and our lives to date.
New members , and the not quite so new can get to know everyone without feeling like they are asking sooo many questions like I did a couple of weeks ago when I got here.

I hope everyone will share

I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Jenny

Last edited by Bee125; 04-10-2001 at 10:34 PM.
Old 04-09-2001, 04:17 PM   #2  

Hi my name is Jenny and I live in New Zealand.
I am 40 years old and have been married for 21 years.
I have 3 children, a son 17, a daughter 16, and a son 9.
We live on a 7,000 acre sheep and cattle station 40 mins drive north of Auckland, and have been here 17 years.

My hobbies are my golden Retrievers of which I have 4 and I am a registered breeder. I am a keen gardener and do needlework. I love movies and hire out lots of videos.

My highest weight ever was 170 lbs, and that was when i joined WW last october.
I now weigh 160 lb and have started afresh from home ,but not alone as I have you guys .
I stopped going to the meeting because Im stick of forking out all the money, and I still have such along way to go Id have to sell the car at my rate
Im full of motivation at the moment and my goal is to be at my goal of 125lb by the end of the year.
I am 5ft 6 and feel this is realistic and attainable.

My excercise of choice is walking and we have plenty of land to trot about on, although its rather rough and hilly. I have a wonderful bike but need to be fitter to get the most out of that. You should see me go on the flats

I like WW because I dont go into a panic when I think about it as no food are wears the "no no never" label.

When I can work it out Ill attach a photo
Jenny
Old 04-10-2001, 07:33 AM   #3  
Must Shrink.

I love Bios.

My name is Lois and I am 38 (39 in Sept). I live in a small town near Hamilton Ontario (Canada). I've been married nearly 17 years, have 4 children: 13, 11, 8 and 4. We have a large white clapboard house, big yard, and 6 cats.

I garden like crazy this time of year. Spring has just taken hold, and I am enthusiastic! I am an Artist, and stay at home mom. I do decoupage art.

I am 5'5", my highest weight (beside pregnancy) has been 163 at the end of 1999. I am presently at 148, and really want to be 135. When I get there, I will re-evaluate. Pre-children was around 130, I think.

I have begun delivering the daily paper, so I walk each morning before dawn for an hour. I try to walk again at dusk for 30 minutes. Walking is both calming and meditative to me.

My children hate it when I diet, they think I'm perfect the way I am. I want my clothes to fit loosely for a change, and what I really think it comes down to is I want to be at my fittest at 40. I want my 40's to be wonderful, and with all the childbearing past now, it is attainable.

Lois
Old 04-10-2001, 06:40 PM   #4  
GARDENING ADDICT

Hi. My name is Sil (short for Silvia). I live in Auburn, Georgia which is about 45 miles north of Atlanta.

I am 47, married, one son (25), 2 Yorkshire Terriers and 1 cat. I work on weekends as a charge nurse on a 42 bed cardiac unit and during the week I attend Horticulture/Landscaping classes. Gardening is my passion and my therapy. I also enjoy reading,sewing, and cross-stitch.

I am 5' 3" and have dieted all my adult life. After my son was born, I became anorexic (not wanting to eat hardly anything). I can remember once when some friends of ours wanted to take us to dinner for helping them move. I sat in the car with my DH and CRIED because I didn't want to eat anything. I was down to 103 lbs at the time. I thought I looked great in my size 3 pants but I was too skinny and not very healthy.

I began my WW program at home last Sept at the weight of 137lbs. This is the most that I have weighed in the last few years and wanted to get back into the clothes that I had worn just the year before. My goal is 120. So as you can see, it has been a very slow loss. But for the most part, I have been able to keep it off until the past week. It's because I haven't made the best food choices, didn't journal last week, and not getting enough exercise or water.

So, I am "Starting Again" (as our group title states) with more determination than I have had in the past few weeks thanks to all of your motivation.
We can do this!!!!!!

I do not want to let myself or this wonderful group of ladies down. So, I will do my very best .
~~~Sil
Old 04-10-2001, 10:17 PM   #5  
snerdlet

My name is Patricia and I live in Colorado Springs. I have one wonderful husband who's been with me for six years, and two snerds (orange tabby cats). I also have a 13 year old stepson, but we only see him every other weekend. I live in a great neighborhood, but don't have much of a yard, which wouldn't matter anyway since I don't garden much...

I'm 5'8", my highest weight was 218 and now I am 196 thanks to WW's. I was on WW about 8 years ago and dropped to 148...however I had a couple of surgeries since then which helped me pack the pounds back on. Actually it was probably more the endometriosis and ovarian cysts that put most of it back on. When you are constantly in pain you do not care what you are eating as long as it makes you feel good. So now I am back on track.

My work is basically my life. My husband and I work for the government and we both love our jobs. And yes we hear all the jokes about government employees, but believe me we don't fit that mold. That's why we travel so much, our skills and knowledge keep us on the road. My only other passion is finding new, easy and tasty recipes that help me keep OP. My favorite is and probably always will be Spicy Pasta Soup.

Anyway.....That's about it for me.....next....

Old 04-10-2001, 11:04 PM   #6  

Hello

My name is Michelle, I live in Spokane Washington. I'm soon to be the dreaded 4-0 in June thus my desire to get fit. I'm doing the Oprah thing, minus the wagon of fat!~!

I've been married to a great guy for 19 years, and we have 2 children, 10 and 7. I enjoy them sooo much. My daughter who's 10 just started soccer and I'm guessing she will be the next Mia Hamm!! My son who's 7 is just a doll.

My Mother in law got me started with Weight Watcher's after losing 40 pounds herself. She looks great and was trying to give me all of her "fat" clothes!! That what got the ball rolling for me!!!

I'm 5'8" and am currently at 194, I've already lost 6 pounds. I started the 1st week of Feb. this year.

My small goal is to lose another 10 pounds before my birthday. I really don't care what the scale say, I just want to feel better about myself and be fit!!

My motivation comes and goes. Somedays I just want to eat everything in sight and don't care. The next day is a piece of cake (fat free) He He He.
I journal everything and drink all my water, so I basically am doing the right things. I'm on a wild ride so I'll just brace myself and ride it out!!!
Old 04-11-2001, 07:27 AM   #7  

Hi Everyone,

My name is Sharon and I'm 44 years old. I've been married to Steve for 7yrs. and have 2 Daughters 3 and 4 1/2.

I'm happiest when I'm outside. I'd best define myself as easy going, funny and helpful. On the negative side I'd say I procrastinate and I'm indecisive.

My biggest hobby is my life. My husband is wonderful. He is very easy going, supportive and helpful around the house. I spend a lot of time with my children, volunteering at their co-op nursery school and working on the house. We moved into our house 5 days before Sara turned yr and I was pregnant with Brielle. We are just starting to have the time and money to work on the house.

I also work two nights a week waitressing. I'm a teacher by degree but I don't want to work full time while the kids are young. I always end up in the restaurant business. I love it. I waitressed while in college and while substitute teaching. I also ran a gourmet deli for four years for an absentee owner and started a private waitress and bartending service. I don't know if I will go back to teaching or pursue something else when the kids are in school.

I thought I was overweight all my life but when I look back at my pictures I definitely had a nice body in high school. Since I wasn't a size two, which I never would be at 5'10", I thought I was heavy.

I started gaining weight in college. Lost it all quickly when I went through a divorce in 1983 but slowly gained it back. I've gone up and down since then but mostly up. I started at the diettalk website in Oct. and found three fat chicks thru their links. My highest weight was 246.5 and now I'm about 228. I want to get down to 180. I'm still swinging back and forth and finding it very hard to get motivated.

I'm working on the Dr, Phil book with a friend and am trying to break this eating habit that I've had for 20+ years.

I was in alanon for 9 years and try to live One Day at a Time.

It's great to hear everyones story. I hope others add theirs. Thanks jenny for starting the thread.

Last edited by shashe; 04-11-2001 at 04:14 PM.
Old 04-18-2001, 02:06 PM   #8  

My name is Rachel and I'm 28 yrs old. I live in Houston, Tx with my husband ,daughter;6, and sons; 4 and 22 months. I'm a stay at home mom and I love every minute of it! I hope to get a teaching degree in the near future and teach special needs children. My 4 yr old is autistic and I've found that there's a desperate need for these teachers. I love spending time with his class and do so often. I'm on the PTO board and am very involved with the school.
My highest weight was 221 in 1998. I joined WW and lost 50lbs. I got back up to 210 after my last pregnancy and rejoined WW. I got down to 140 which was great for me, I'm 5'8. Unfotunately I picked up an eating disorder along the way and am struggling with that right now. My weight goes up and down week to week but I think I'm about 155 or 160. I am starting WW at home to lose this weight the healthy way and to get back the energy that I had.
Right now I'm just trying to get started, counting points, journaling and exercising. I hope to have it off by the end of summer but as long as I can stay OP I'll be happy.
Closed Thread