South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 10:41 AM   #1  

Default New!!

Hi ladies! I'm new here...thought I'd introduce myself. I'm 37, wife and mom of 2 (boy 15.5 and girl 7.5). I had always been a "thin" person until I had my daughter, at which time my body didn't get rid of my weight quick enough for me, I got depressed and gained more and more and more and more, etc.... I have well over 100 lbs to lose now!!

I actually did 4 full days of SBD last week and lost over 5 lbs...but blew it last night with pizza.. and LOTS of it! LOL!! My plan is to get back on the wagon and do two full weeks of phase 1. I did notice my carb cravings were TOTALLY gone... and now that i've done the pizza thing, I can see how easy it is to jump right back on the carb bandwagon... but I'm not going to!!

I'm actually not that big of a meat lover, so it's a little difficult for me, but I'll get over it. Any of you out there get sick of meat?

I look forward to getting to know you all!!
Cj
Old 05-15-2004, 11:58 AM   #2  

Talking

Hi Cj: Welcome back to the Beach! Good for you for knowing the errors of your pizza-eating ways and hopping right back on the wagon!

What is it that you don't like about meat? Is it beef that you dislike? Do you like chicken or pork? Are you a vegetarian? I can't help you much with that, seeing as how I'm a very happy carnivore.

You've got to find ways to get that protein in. Otherwise you'll be hungry.

If you're not a vegetarian try to find ways to appreciate meat - even if it's just deli meats. Try to find the excuses that will keep you with the program.

Keep making good choices!
Old 05-15-2004, 02:53 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to The Beach, CJ.
If you are not fond of meat, consider fish, soy fake meats and legumes for your protein. Remember this plan is Good Carbs, not low carb. Check out the recipe section.
Old 05-15-2004, 03:12 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to the Beach, CJane!
Old 05-15-2004, 05:52 PM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Welcome to the beach.
Old 05-16-2004, 09:05 AM   #6  

Thanks for the welcomes! I do eat meat, I guess I'm just not used to eating it everyday. I'll get over it. Thanks Ruth for pointing me to the recipe section, it's exactly what I needed! Hope you chat with you all more!
Closed Thread