Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 09:44 AM   #1  

Default Thursday is here... and the wknd is approaching!!!

Bbtp!
Old 05-13-2004, 09:50 AM   #2  

The weather is beautiful here again!!!! We have been having thunderstorms at night but the days have been lovely. I didn't exercise last night AGAIN! This TOM has just been really draining. I am on the pill and not supposed to start until Sunday but I started LAST sunday. I think my body is just weirding out b/c TOM is here and I am STILL taking the rest of my pill pack. I am assuming it started so early b/c at the beginning I missed a couple and had to make up for them OK enough about that. I think I am just making excuses for my lazy @ss.

I asked this yesterday but no one posted after me...Does anyone else get in these slumps and how do you pull out of them???? I need exercise motivation.

How is everyone? Did we have good nights. Any exciting wknd plans???? Belle~Have you heard anything????

DH and I are laying low this wknd. We have been having busy weeks and wknds so we are in need of a BREAK!!

BBL
Old 05-13-2004, 10:09 AM   #3  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi!

Becky--Hello! I'm in kind of an exercise slump right now, too. I haven't worked out since before my surgery (except for a couple of walks while I was off work) and I'm having a little trouble motivating myself to get back to the gym. I know my problem right now is fear. I get nervous about going to the gym unless I've been going consistently. Now that I haven't been, it's tough to go back. I actually have the free time tonight and packed a bag. But will I really go? I don't know. What's worse is that even if I didn't go to the gym, I could work out at home--I have 3 WATP tapes, 3 Firm tapes, and a Pilates mat and book. But I'm afraid I might not even do that. Sigh. How about this--let's promise each other that we'll both do some form of exercise tonight. My Pilates book is new. It'll be fun to try out some new stuff. What are you going to do?

Not much else going on here. I'll stop back and post some responses as people post.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:10 AM   #4  
Running Babe

Becky: I just started my TOM and have been really drained too.. maybe you could take a walk during lunch. As for finding motivation for exercise, figure out what works for you and then try to go with that. Maybe set up three days a week where you'll make an unbreakable appointment to exercise, getting into a habit helps! You have had awesome results thus far, maybe use that motivation for eating and spread it to exercise. I try and focus on my goals too, that helps me make my decisions when it comes to eating and exercising. Good Luck, you Can do it

Anyway, I went to a Cajun place last night... I had catfish yummy though I did have a teeny tiny bit of a cheese stick (a bite honestly), a sip of my BF's soup and one small piece of potato..

Cheers!

Ali
Old 05-13-2004, 10:14 AM   #5  
Running Babe

Jess: Maybe mentally prepare yourself for the gym. Focus on how good it feels after you work out. Start with walking maybe too and just concentrate on how good it is for you to do this

Cheers!
Old 05-13-2004, 10:26 AM   #6  

Jess~ I just realized that tommorrow will be an official week since I worked out last so I definitely need to do something TONIGHT! I will do WATP 2mile tonight. I know that is kind of wimpy but like I said I am NOT motivated. I may squeeze in a quick walk during lunch also. We shall see. OK I will be asking you about your pilates tape tommorrow! BTW how do you feel after your surgery?

Ali~ Thanks for the exercise tips. I am generally pretty motivated but like I said it has been a week (almost). I just keep telling myself that I deserve to relax b/c I feel so crappy. I have done ENOUGH relaxing though and I WILL exercise tonight.

Has anyone tried the Belly DAncing VIdeos. I am really considering getting one. I have heard that they are good for shrinking the waist!
Old 05-13-2004, 12:17 PM   #7  
Proud Canadian

Morning!! This is strange - I have TOM too - are we influencing each other by posting on this board together? Very strange. I too have less motivation, energy and drive at this time BUT..."I never regret a workout" - I usually just start on my little hike and tell myself I can always turn back, then I figure, since I'm already there...and I usually feel better afterwards..

Yesterday was great "food-wise" - I bought some homus and had some for lunch with carrots - Homus is great on points and protien so that was good - I had a sandwich with no bread for dinner and didn't get a chance to have the snack I had planned for after volleyball because I was too tired (yep, too tired to eat) I started today with an omlette which will keep me happy for the morning and I have more carrots and homus and a pear for lunch and a cheese string for a snack and then pasta for dinner. Hopefully there's no dessert - I'm weak, I usually give in, today I will try to be strong because I really want to see at least a 1# loss at Saturday's WI.

Becky - So yeah, I get the slumps and I PUSH myself out of them or I'll end up on the couch eating junk and watching chick flicks and then gaining and then getting upset and then making myself feel better with food and then gaining more...so I figure it's better to just force myself out of the dumps. Yours may have something to do with those evil pills you missed too though, don't discount the power of hormones...
Jess - you can do it!! Get that butt to the gym!! You've already brought all your stuff anyway. It would be a shame not to use it...
Ali - Yum! Canjun is good and nice restraint with the goodies!

OK - I'll do some work and check back in later and see how everyone is doing. Have a great day!!

KT
Old 05-13-2004, 03:20 PM   #8  

KT~ Isn't it a vicious cycle. I so want to do the veg out thing when I am hormonal. Luckily SBD allows chocolate so I dipped strawberries in that last night which helped all of my "poor me I want to eat" issues. DH actually looked at me and laughed b/c of the way I was devouring the choc. covered strawberrie. He was like "It's actually kind of scary!" If he only knew. If he hadn't been there I probably would have stuck my tongue in the bowl to get every last morsel. Just kidding! Or AM I???? Anyways thanks for the tips. BTW don't you just love hummous?? DH and I go to a Middle Eastern place where I usually INHALE the bread with hummous but this time I got Chicken on hummous and realized that it wasn't so much about the bread for me which was a big AHA moment (in my best Oprah voice). Ok I am SO chatty. I guess I should attempt to get some more work done. I have actually had a busy day.

BBL
Old 05-13-2004, 04:56 PM   #9  
Proud Canadian

Becky - I had no idea how to spell Hummous - it's funny that I was so wrong. This stuff has cracked red chillis in it and is very yummy. It was a good lunch. Strawberries are very cheap here right now. I want chocolate dipped strawberries for dinner!

My walk left me feeling like there are 5 pound weights under the skin on my legs. It's OK because my job is all sitting for the afternoon but it's still a weird feeling. Only 2 and half more hours to go...

KT
Old 05-13-2004, 05:01 PM   #10  
Eve's Mom

Hey girls;

Well, my lawyer says it looks like we could get a firm commitment tomorrow from the bank for these locos. So, hopefully the deal will not fall through. The good news is that we get the keys to our new house early!! Tonight at 7pm. They are long gone and say it's fine for us to start moving plants, etc. Yay!!!

I'll be MIA for the next little while- I"ll try to check in on the weekend, if not I'll be gone Mon/Tues on business.

Have a good OP weekend
Old 05-13-2004, 06:56 PM   #11  
Proud Canadian

Have fun starting your move Belle!!
Closed Thread