Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-13-2004, 08:45 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Tuesday Chat - April 13th

Good Morning,

I finally got to read everyone's posts from yesterday.

Liz, good to see ya girl, your church had a 3 hour service ? if you don't mind me asking what church do you attend and what do they do for the 3 hours.

Lynnie hugs to you and your family, please know you all are in our prayers. We love you.

Noodles you need a vacation, come on lets go what day is your surgery?

CIN !! You go girl, congratulations on the weight loss

Kem, what are the questions Dr. Phil asks? I'm very curious too.

Cathy, how'd you do w/Easter weekend?

April what did you do on your Birthday? did you have a good day?

Flower, Jane, Jenni, DonnaD, where are you chickies?

I'm gonna finish my coffee and get my tky bacon cooking

BBL
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 10:12 AM   #2  

Leens he just has you really look at what you are doing to yourself. Like all of the negative talk that you do to yourself. I can't realy remember what they were exactly but they are some really good self analizing things in there. I think that is what I need.

It is sunny here today but pretty cold for this time of year. We have a high today of 63. I know that isn't bad for you guys up north but that is very unusual for down here.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 11:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Well good morning gang!

It's almost 10:30 here and I'm just now getting my 2nd cup of . I had to guzzle down my 1st cup and then go run some errands for the office, and have just settled back down at my desk with my

Kemp is right - it was 45 at my house this morning. Really nice actually. The sun is shining and the wind is blowing and it feels like fall. Pretty neat.

Leenie? they keeping ya busy at work? tell them to give you some "play time" with your friends. to answer your question, I think I actually did pretty good over the Easter weekend. We had a fish fry on Friday, and then dinner with my Mom on Sunday. Both days, I pretty much just small portions of everything I wanted at those meals, and just had a few piece of wheat toast for breakfast with nothing for supper bec I was still full from lunch. I had bites of the deserts and everything. Just kept my portions small. I posted on the food journal yesterday, that my scale is at 206, which is actually just 1 pound up now from where it was when I started Atkins. Remember? I gained 4 lbs on Atkins bec I did not count my calories too. So I'm almost back to where I started. I am being GOOD. Matter of fact, yesterday I had a little under 1100 calories. and I made myself do 30 minutes of strength training last night.

Boy it's might lonely over on the food log thread, but that's ok I'm still posting everyday bec it keeps me on track.

What's everybody doing today?

I'm gonna get a walk in during lunch! anybody else exercising? ok it's the DIET POLICE ....... how bout water? how much ya'll drinking? how's the healthy eating going? how is everybody doing? what is everybody doing for exercise? details! we need details!

Oh BTW, I bought a cute little $5 pedometer from Walmart and put it on this morning, but I don't think I have the stride set right, bec it shows I've only taken about 50 steps this morning, when I've actually taken a whole lot more then that. Hmmmmm I will have to take a closer look at it?

great big hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 04-13-2004 at 11:35 AM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 01:00 PM   #4  
CIN

Hi Gals,
It is cold and rainy here in Ky.sure doesnt feel like Spring!

I am home and in between meetings.made a BLT and some soup for lunch......yummy!

The lady that was to make the offer "says" tonight at 6:30.....................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm doubt starting to set in a bit since its the 3rd appt she has changed. I will believe her when she signs the papers tonight at 6:30 !

I rushed home to meet her here at 11 a.m. Oh well........................not gonna get my feathers too ruffled~~~~~

Guess I will do a little housework!

Hugs to everyone! ( especially Lynnie)

Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 01:38 PM   #5  

Talking

Hi my beauties

Been out with friends and family. Today getting back in to my normal mood.
Been sucking big time on the eating healthy. Trying to get back on track.
It was nice to be around my family and friend for a change.
Miss all of you.
Now need to get caught up on what everyone been doing.
Hugs to all

Flower_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 02:24 PM   #6  

Hey everybody.....babysitting my gf's one year old while she goes for u/s for latest pregnancy.......snowing here.......ugh!

UM Leens.....I go to RC church and it was the easter vigil.......readings, songs, baptisms, confirmations, first communions and then all the usual stuff...it is all good!

Have a good day everyone!

xoLiz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 02:30 PM   #7  

Good morning everyone

The last of the company left this morning.....we had a really nice time with the DSs & their GFs & the one fiancee....plus their dogs. I am really tired today....maybe it is the chocolate & not eating as healthy as I usually do.
After they left....I Swiffered all the tile floors....there was a lot of black dog hairs on the floors.

So now I am back on track with the eating plan.....I might have a nap later.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 03:01 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Kem, your doggy's picture is soooooooooooo cute.

Flower I know what you mean about getting back to normal mode, I had a pig fest this weekend and well lets just say I'm glad for new starts

Cin, good luck with the nut case tonight, I'll cross my toes for ya

April, A NAP?? I'm jealous lol, enjoy, I know I would.

Liz, your service sounds beautiful, we just have a quick one hour thingy that most folks fall asleep during (including me lol). What does RC stand for ?

Cathy ALRIGHT!! on the weight loss, I'm glad its coming down, I know how heart broken you were/are. HUGS.

I can not get into working today, its killing me lol. I just wanna run out of here screaming ........ Could you imagine haaaaaaaaa!!! Just like the little boy in that movie running thru the forest "Robin Hood Men In Tights." snort ~

Tonight I'll be running to the grocery store to buy some lettuce, all this weekend we had nothing healthy in the house but now since all the "goodies" are gone we have nothing, so I need to get some salad stuff and some fish.

Where is JudoMom and the rest of the group ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 03:06 PM   #9  

Liz, your service sounds beautiful, we just have a quick one hour thingy that most folks fall asleep during (including me lol). What does RC stand for ?

Leens RC=Roman Catholic...........easter is the most important holiday in the RC church-------no celebrating, good eating or sweets until after easter vigil---fasting from HOLY Thursday until then........anything else ?
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 04:17 PM   #10  

I had to chuckle cause I didn't know what RC stood for either! And, I'm a former Catholic! Oy vey!

Not a good day here. The washer sprung a leak and so did the tank on the toilet. Can yo all say "back stroke"!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 06:31 PM   #11  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie

Noodles you need a vacation, come on lets go what day is your surgery?
Ooooohhh Where We Going!!! I'm game!!!

Surgery is next Monday. The 19th. It is for Adult Strabismus...otherwise known as Eye Muscle Surgery. They are going in and re-aligning both of my eye muscles so I don't need a prism in my glasses anymore. Right now...my eyes are beyond what a prism can fix so the only option is surgery. Blah... I just got off the phone with the nurse... I get to come home after sugery so long as I have absolutely NO problems/side effects/or complaints. I'll keep my mouth shut. Can't ever get any sleep in hospitals anyhow.
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 10:22 PM   #12  

Hi Noodles......my DS1 had surgery on one eye when he was 4 1/2 years old....one eye was turning in.

He has no depth perception.

I didn't know you can have surgery as an adult....I guess I learn things all the time.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote