Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2001, 10:16 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Wink

We love having company on our thread. We hope you will stop and have a chat with us. Everyone is welcome!
Old 04-04-2001, 10:18 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default I brought Forgiven over here. Her post was on the second page. Hope you don't mind.

Forgiven posted on 04-04-2001 09:09 PM

Things went great today. I started out with a healthy bowl of oatmeal. Took the kids to softball. We missed lunch, so I had all those points to spend........had my husband pick up a pizza. I had 2 pieces counted it as 3 though, they were big. Had a can of pop. After I had 1/2 C ice cream. I actually still have a few points left. It is nice to still be able to eat favorite foods
I know its not something I should do every day, skipping lunch cant happen all the time, we actually ate dinner (pizza) at around 4:00 or so. So I refer to it as linner if we can have brunch why not linner right? LOL

Gods peace.
Old 04-04-2001, 10:49 PM   #3  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! I found us on the second page so I hope you don't mind that I started a new thread.

I told you I'd be back! I know, you weren't sure whether that was a promise or a threat, did you???? The job today was more than I anticipated. I have got to wear my tennies with the magnets for a couple of days to get my feet back to feeling good. Argh!!!

For all of you without any sun today - I'm the one that stole it! It was the most beautiful day here. Only in the low 50's, but just gorgeous!

Well, as far as the job interview went, DH had a really nice interview. He expects that they will offer him the job, but not for a couple of weeks as one of the partners is out of town until the end of the week and then when he's back both partners leave for China. So the guy said as much that an answer/offer would not come right away. DH does production planning and that's the computer system that they are missing so he says it would be a real challenge, with long hours and lots of stress. He was also told that the position would have alot of power because they have been really trying to impliment something for the past 4 years with no real luck. Sooooo. The good news is that when he got home there was a message on the machine for another interview tomorrow morning with a company that he really thought from the ad would be 'perfect'. Soooooo, we're just holding on tight. I know this wasn't weight related, but I look at all of you as good friends and besides, you expressed an interest!

Cynthia: Thanks for the website address. I'll have to check it out.

Forgiven: Congrats on joining WW. It's a step in the fight direction. I hear ya on the 'butt'. Mine's the biggest in the room too, but that will change. It was even bigger when I first started.

Brenda: I loved the 'speed bump' analogy!

Maggie: Woohoo 65 degrees. That deck is looking better and better.

Terri: What a 'green thumb'! Sounds like you're having a great time preparing for that new house.
Well all, I guess I have made this long enough for one night. You all take care and sleep well.

Sorry, but I don't remember who asked for some helpful low-point stuff but I just tried a really good salad/dessert recipe that I got on my other thread and it was DELICIOUS, so here it is:

Apple Salad
makes 8 - 1 cup servings Each serving = 2 points

4 cups of apples in chunks
1- 20 oz can of crushed pineapple in juice
1 cup mini marshmallows
1 cup dry roasted peanuts
1 tub of fat free Cool Whip
1 package fat free sugar free instant Vanilla pudding

Mix well pudding and pineapple with it's juice.
Mix in apples, peanuts and mini marshmallows.
Fold in Cool Whip.
Chill.

This really is wonderful. I made the recipe up tonite and put it in individual dishes so that I can just grab a 2 point snack and run. Yummy!

Gotta run. Time for bed. Love to all.
Old 04-04-2001, 11:06 PM   #4  
Dying to be thin

Good Evening everyone. I only have time for a quick post so I will post replies to individual's tomorrow or the next day. Today was a good day for me! I walked 2 miles and drank 80 oz or 10 glasses of water today! I was OP and I even journaled!! One day at a time!
I got my hair chopped today and I feel good! I bet I lost a pound of hair!

Anyways, I just wanted to share with you! I hope you all have a good thursday! Take Care!

Angie
Old 04-05-2001, 02:02 AM   #5  
Find a Way

Well, back from the game and never got a beer. Just didn't feel like having to disturb people by making them get up so I could get to the bathroom. Guess it's a good thing that our seats are in the middle and not the aisle . This is my 16th OP day in a row and I'm feeling great. In the past I never could seem to get past 10 of those suckers.

Forgiven - I'm about the biggest as well in my meeting too, but we won't be that way for long!! I've had "linner" many a day and like the idea.

Maggie - loved your attached picture, it looked like you posed!! What a brave woman.

Terri - that is so awesome that you did not succumb to stress eating, especially since you had to deal with the evil IRS. Of course you know that Big Brother has seen these posts and we are on record as IRS haters!!

Thin - that Apple Salad recipe sounds just marvelous. Can't wait to try it. It sounds like it's a good thing that your husband won't hear from that one company for a few weeks since he may have another option.

I'll be leaving for Albuquerque Friday to visit my family and have to do a lot of errands tomorrow so I won't be able to visit with you guys again until Monday.

Everyone have a great OP weekend.
Old 04-05-2001, 07:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

good morning,

Just dropping in to get a little inspiration for the day.

Tonight, I'm making a vegetable lasagna that I saw on the cover of Cooking Light. I can't wait! It looks really good. I'll let you know how it turns out.

After my post, I got a 20 min workout on my spinner so that helped beat away the stress. Plus I've been doing 10 mins in the morning on the other exercycle. I've had a really good week with the exercise. Which means I'm building muscle and the scale isn't budging. I anxious to get my bike outdoors. My legs build muscle so rapidly when I start cycling. But that's good. I know it will eventually.

Geri - Thanks for the recipe. It looks very good. I'll try it this weekend. I'll say a little prayer for your DH and this interview. Hope all goes well. Ummmm...can we have our sun back?

Cynthia - Have a great trip. 16 days OP is fabulous!

Angie - You're doing great too. A little haircut or change always makes a girl feel good. I got my nails done is a fabulous pink as a pick me up last night. Little things are our best rewards.

Forgiven - Linner is what we do a lot on Sundays. I don't think it hurts your body to do it now and then. As long as you don't get too hungry and overeat which you didn't. Stopping at 2 pieces is a challenge so give yourself a pat on the back.

Gotta go. Time for my 10 mins. Have a great OP day and be strong!
Old 04-05-2001, 08:29 PM   #7  

Hey all,

Well, I have had some personal victories today. The first one came this morning. My husband went to the little store for some bottled water he also came home with a tube of biscuits, now in 12 years he has never done this. I felt it was a effort to get into an argument over my "diet" I said to him "in 12 years you have never bought biscuits, I know why you did and it isn't gonna work" He of coarse got a bit upset, we have had this kinda thing in the past, I go on a program and suddenly he wasn't ice cream, doesn't like the meals I cook......
I simply put them in the oven, cooked the kids some eggs,then sat down and ate my oatmeal I am worth it!! I can keep blaming everyone and everything for my failure or I can choose to eat right for me, to help me. It occurred to me today that it isn't hurting, depriving me if I stay on program. It is hurting me if I don't, it is depriving me of a better life if I don't stay on. I am staying on!! I owe it to myself...we all do.

My second victory was splitting lunch with my Mom. We went Mexican today. I counted my 12 chips, had iced tea and split the chicken Fajitas with Mom. It was enough food for sure
I am proud of me Yee Ha! This is a great gift we are giving to ourselvs, ya know, it truly is.

You all have a great on program day!
Old 04-05-2001, 09:27 PM   #8  

Forgiven - A pat on the back for you because you deserve it!! I've had several people try to sabotage my progress in those supposedly innocent ways: 1) a family member who suddenly started baking my favorite pie when she hadn't in years, 2) another person who asked me to buy one of my trigger foods, and 3) a 'friend' who knows that I'm an emotional eater deliberately bringing up hurtful things from the past. So I know what you mean. But you keep doing what you're doing. You will survive it all. And when these people try this again (because you know they will), you remember how good it felt that you stuck to the program.

235.2/190.5/171 10 %
Old 04-05-2001, 10:04 PM   #9  
Thin Within

Default GOOD EVENING Countdowners

And a good evening it is. I had a wonderful day being OP. The sun was out and we were able to get the horses moved from the winter corral to the pasture where they will have lots of room to roam.

FORGIVEN good going! Eat what you want on this program as long as you count the points. But you are so right ~ this is our very own personal program and others don't need to run it for us. Or ruin it for us either.

GERI when ones feet hurt doesn't the saying go that the whole body aches. OUCH. Thanks for the update on your husband. Girlfriend, I for one believes that all of our daily doings have to do with our weight loss so that is what is doing with you right now and it is good that you share it with us. I certainly hope he gets the position he really wants of the ones he interviews for. Thanks for that wonderful sounding recipe that is so low in points! It is a definite do.

ANGIE a hair cut can do wonders for a lady! Yep you could have dropped a pound. Once when I had my locks shorn they weighed it and it was a lot! Your day deserves an A+. You go girl.

CYNTHIA that is such a good feeling to have put 16 OP days in a row. I can feel those good vibrations over here. Have fun on your trip.

TERI please let me know how that lasagna turns out. That cover made my mouth water it looked so yummy.

All ya'all have a wonderful OP Friday. The weekend is upon us again so quickly.

Maggie fixin' to cut some zzzzzzzzzz's in Tennessee
Old 04-06-2001, 12:45 AM   #10  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Well, I guess it's morning again already! Woooo, where did the day go???? Glad to see the thread is hopping again and just in time for Easter!! Hopping, get it???? I know, pretty lame!!!

Had a nice lunch at Applebee's today with hubby and my oldest. Ordered the Oriental Salad but subbed out the fried chicken on top for grilled chicken. I guess I did pretty well. They don't have a light portion of the menu anymore, how disappointing! Oh well. I did the best I could. For dinner I had leftover grilled tuna that was 1/2 of my dinner from the other night at the steakhouse. All in all, I'm pretty happy with my choices this week. I am journalling so that in and of itself is an accomplishment!

Angie: 2 miles!! Wow, I am sooo impressed!!! You go girl!! Bet you love the haircut.

Cynthia: 16 days OP!! Woohoo! Half way to a habit! Have a great trip.

Terri: I hear I'm giving the sun back by Friday afternoon. Boohoo

Forgiven: Congrats on the BIG victories!

n 2 a Swan: Words of Wisdom!!!

Maggie: You know me, if the recipe's more than throwing a couple of ingredients in a bowl or pot, I don't do it. That one fits the requirement and is delicious too!!

Well, girls, I'm outta here. Gotta work again in the morning. Love to all. Keep the faith.

Here's a great one I think you will all enjoy.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'"

Last edited by thinthinker; 04-06-2001 at 12:50 AM.
Old 04-06-2001, 09:03 AM   #11  
Makin_it

Happy Friday everyone!

Well, made it through another day just a bit over on my carbs again... Looking forward to the weekend. Going to spend the day with my Quilting Gals, were off to Shipshewana, my first time. I'm hoping to find some great cottons for some more quilts. All in all it should be a fun day. I'll make good choices for lunch and plan to pack my snacks for the car.

I will be dancing again this weekend so hopefully I'll burn some more points.... I have decided that I'm retaining fluid for the first time since I started at WW. My feet have been swollen for the last 2 days. Not sure way, nothing new in the food category and its not that TOM so a bit concerned. If it doesn't clear up soon should get my blood pressure checked. Just another bump in the road.

Thin: Sounds like your doing really well with your restaurants choices. I was also disappointed about Applebee's light menu disappearing. Way to go on the journalling, you should be very proud of yourself! PS- can't wait to try the apple salad, I may just make this for a baby shower that I'm helping with in May.

Maggie: Horses, lucky you. Sounds like a wonderful place. Way to go on the OP day, it's always easier when the sun is shining.... Thanks for the recipes, I'm trying some on Sunday....

Forgiven: what a great way to think of it... your right don't let anyone get in your way. It's in your control and they will only sabatage you if YOU let them.. You want this bad so my guess is you will do JUST FINE! Keep up the great work.

Determined: a round of applause for you and the exercise. (CLAPPING CLAPPING CLAPPING) Keep it up girlfriend!

Queen: I know I probably missed you but I hope you have(had) a great weekend.

Well, have a great weekend everyone. Talk to you Monday.....

Brenda
430/339/180 in 2002
Old 04-06-2001, 12:09 PM   #12  

Hi,

Things are great here today. Its raining, I love it when it rains, so relaxing.....Like a ticket to do nothing ....At least thats what it is for my lazy self

Still doing great on the program YEEE HAAA We dont deserve to have a treat.......We deserve NOT to have a treat. Stay strong!!
Old 04-06-2001, 08:42 PM   #13  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good evening everyone! It was 'take mom to work day' here. I had a department store and a book store to do and I took mom for a day out. It was nice 'cuz I could fill her in on DH and his job interviews and the baby getting off to school. It was a nice day. We even went to lunch together.

Food has been pretty decent this week. I'm a couple of points over for the week, but the last time I lost big, I was a couple of points over too. Maybe that will be the right range for me. You know how every one is different?? We'll see come Monday, but my house scale looks pretty good.

I made Crockpot Lasagne for dinner tonight, it was really very good. Was it one of you guys that posted it, or did I get it from somewhere else? Anyway, it fit my needs, you know the one: open stuff, throw in pot, walah it's done!

A hint on the apple salad: it is best when eaten fairly fresh as the peanuts get a little soggy as the days go on.

Brenda: Shipshawanna! Woohoo! Prepare to walk your feet off! I have only been there once, last summer. We walked and walked, and walked some more! I didn't know that Shipshawanna was open this early. You should have great weather for it, it's supposed to be in the low 70's here this weekend, they can't be far off from that there. The apple salad will be a great choice to serve at the shower. That recipe as is is 8 cups, you could even double it if you needed to.

Forgiven: That was good. 'We deserve to NOT have a treat'.

Well girls, I've got paperwork up the ying-yang so I better get at it. You all have a great night!

You will never see today if you keep living in yesterday.
Old 04-07-2001, 06:25 PM   #14  
Michigan Old-Timer

Gosh, where is everyone?? You all must have a life and I don't! So Sad!

It was another 'take mom to work day'. I had several jobs to do at 2 different malls so we walked, and walked, and walked some more. We had lunch out and I had a nice big Mandarin Salad, which basically means they throw a couple of mandarin oranges in with the grilled chicken breast and a few of the oriental fried noodles on top. It's really good, but still with the chicken and the dressing and all it's probably 12 points. Not too bad since breakfast was an apple. Then we did the shops so we walked off our meal.

Honey's been putting up new closet doors and a new bedroom door. The next project is to replace all of the doors in the house. Woooo! BIG project! DH and I are pretty committed to staying in this house for another 5 years so we decided to do our home improvements ASAP so that we can enjoy them before we sell instead of really fixing the place up in order to sell. Hope that makes some sense.

Well, with working comes paperwork so I guess I'll be gone. Hope all of you are doing something fun.

When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
Old 04-08-2001, 10:05 AM   #15  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hey you guys, I feel like I'm keeping this thread going all by myself. Where the heck are you all? Come out, come out wherever you are. Don't you want to play? I am so sad and lonely here all by myself!

I hope you are all having a great day. My home scale is showing a nice loss for this week. I hope the WW scale feels the same way tomorrow.

Talk with you all later. Have a wonderful day.

Yesterday is gone...
tomorrow may never come...
all we have is today.
Closed Thread