Old 04-08-2004, 02:14 PM   #1  

Default What to eat when I get my wisdom teeth pulled?

Hi Everyone! It has been a while since I posted in here. How is everyone doing?

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what to eat after I go to have my wisdom teeth pulled? I could proibably drink some Atkins shakes and maybe low carb yogurt....Please help!
AtkinsChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 02:33 PM   #2  
Head Princess

It depends on how the removal goes for you. Mine were no big deal. I bled for 1/2 an hour and then went back to work.

Get a good list of soft foods that you like:
Eggs
Fauxtatoes
LC clam chowder (mmmmmmmmmm)
Cheese
Chicken broth
Steamed spinach
etc.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 03:57 PM   #3  
on my way down again

Hi. Good to see you back. I've never had my wisdom teeth pulled, but I sure wish you well. I'd have shakes, sugar free jello and soups on hand, for sure. Star's list looks great. Please let us know how it goes. Barbie
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 09:55 PM   #4  
Look at me go ;)

Are you having them pulled or surgically removed? I had mine sawed & cut out (they were embedded in the jaw bone) so I was on soup and soggy toast for like 2 weeks.

If you are just having them pulled, I like Star's list too. Sounds like you have a pretty good idea of what to eat.

Good luck!
Cinnymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 10:14 PM   #5  

I worked in the dental field and taught dental hygiene for 17 years. Most people seem to prefer cold drinks and jello for the first day or two. After that soups and drinks for a couple of days. Whatever you have, do not use a straw as you could pull the clot on the surgical site and end up with a dry socket, which is much worse than the discomfort of recovering form the extractions. Take it easy for a couple of days.
Journey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 08:28 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Yes do not use a straw !

I had mine pulled last december, I ate scrambled eggs, soft cheeses, yogurt, diet jello w/whipped cream broth. How about some lc bread toasted w/butter, toast it lightly. Mocked mashed potatoes is ALWAYS good, cook some broccoli until mushy. Deviled eggs, anything soft. I went easy for a few days, you have no choice.

Good Luck !!!!!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote