Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 05:45 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Red face Terrific Tuesday!

Good middle of the night--errr, morning, everyone. 4:30 a.m. here, counting down until 6:30. Just eating a few Fruit Loops to tide me over.

Yesterday's thread was really quiet. There was no holiday here (that I know of). I didn't get on because I slept all day. I had a really nice weekend. On Saturday night, I had a few people over for grilled burgers/brats and margaritas. Many margaritas were consumed, a good time was had by all. It was a sort of "farewell" to my DD's, since my surgery is Thursday morning at 10:30, gulp. At first I couldn't wait for it to come, now that it's closer, I'm feeling a little different. I don't feel nervous, just every once in awhile, I feel really panicky. Like today, I was thinking about how I'll start my antibiotic tomorrow, use this Hibiclens soap stuff, fast after midnight and then before I know it, it'll be surgery time. That just sort of sent me into a panic. I didn't realize my surgery was so close...

I did some shopping on Sunday with my best friend from high school. We hit the Old Navy birthday celebration that was a little disappointing, and went a couple of other places. It was fun, but I ate too much at Fazoli's. Yeah, I did a lot of eating this weekend, but started over being good today. Even though it feels like I ate so much over the weekend that I probably ruined everything, I gotta remember that one weekend of bad eating isn't going to totally undo what I spent all of last week working on. Plus, I'm having about 3 lbs removed on Thursday, .

Had kind of a strange thing happen tonight. Do you guys remember "Work Boy", who I broke up with Aaron to date? He was an a-hole to me, blew me off for some girl from Texas, and was just an all around jerk. I sort of hated him for awhile, but one night I had a dream that he got killed at work and I had to call a truce (not that there was any fighting going on). We didn't start talking again or anything and when people asked, I still told them that he was mean when we dated (because it's true) and that he had small balls (sorry, I shouldn't get into that, but we're young and it's late and it's true). Anyway, a mutual friend of ours wants to have a party at Work Boy's house and Work Boy removed my name from the guest list. Now, I am not the type to go into someone's home and cause a scene and Work Boy knows it, so I sent him an email asking him why he would do that when he's hosting a party for someone who wants me there. Well, we're both on nights and he got the email right after I sent it. Instead of simply emailing me back, he paged me and asked me to come to the building where he's working. To make a long story short, we got it all talked out, but I got the impression he's not happy with his new girlfriend. He didn't say a word about her (maybe it was to spare my feelings, who knows), and he was asking a lot about Aaron. Perhaps I'm doing the girl thing and over analyzing this, but I just don't get why he couldn't have emailed a response and wanted to talk to me...

Anyway, sorry for that tangent, but who else can I talk to at 4:44 a.m.?

OK, ladies, I'm gonna go check my non-work-related email and I might stop back in later.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:44 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Jess
Work boy seems like a mind **** I'd say b/c I'm over analytical that he could be doing the compare contrast but I'd not dwell on it too much b/c you said he's a big honkin Jerk
With not much to honk Ahem
Today I'm in a considerably better mood I actually woke up happy and not consumed with anxiety
which is the first tme in weeks literally
dfs bday is saturday and I still don't know what he wants to do
I have to get to work!
bbl
Kier
Old 04-06-2004, 11:20 AM   #3  
Eve's Mom

I'm here, I'm sick. I'll write later...
Old 04-06-2004, 12:28 PM   #4  
Proud Canadian

Morning everyone!
Jess - Try not to over-analyze (although I'm sure I would in the same situation) - he might be having a bad time but that doesn't mean he can use you to get out of it. Now that you're back on the guest list and can be civil with him, it doesn't have to go any further (unles you'd want it to...)
Kier - A quick hello to you!
Belle - Hope you're feeling better

My niece came off the ventilator yesterday. Her lungs are fine now but they have to deal with her other problems. It's nice that she can talk again though, she was getting very frustrated. I've changed my plans for the weekend - I'm going to go visit my friend on Friday instead of Saturday - I've got another friend coming with me for the 3 hour drive and we're taking the scenic route up the fraser canyon - it's beautiful and we can stop and pee as much as we want because we aren't taking any men with us who will make fun of our tiny bladders. Then we'll come back Saturday for my shift Saturday night and I'll still have 2 days left in my "weekend" - so exciting. Yesterday I went on a 45 minute walk on lunch and played volleyball last night so I'm feeling good about that and hoping to get in my tae bo video tonight while my roomie is at soccer. Tomorrow is the office potluck which I'm organizing and I already know there will be a huge carrot cake (my favourite) - I'll try to steer clear and get out of there early before we cut the cake. Nothing like planning ahead. OK - now I'll try to get through this pile in front of me so I don't feel guilty at tomorrow's party.

Have a great day everyone!

KT
Old 04-06-2004, 02:34 PM   #5  
Eve's Mom

Hi girls! Thought I'd stop in while I eat my soup. I can't taste anything, so I have not been eating much. I wish I could taste again!! I love food! Oh well.

Jess - you and I are in tune or soemthing - I dreamed of my ex-b/f and he was a freaking out b/c I was engaged. But in your case, I think he is doing somewhat of a comparing thing, (I too am over-analytical, and I thinkthere is "something" in everything) On the other hand, we may be behaving like typical girls on this one. I guess it's good you are back on the list and that is that. He might have had lots of reasons for not e-mailing you or was just curious to feel you out and see how you and Aaron were doing, etc.

Kier, your bit about having nothing to honk was flippin' halarious!!

OK somebody stop me from looking at the humane society web sites....I keep finding the perfect dog...over and over....we cna't get another one til we move, so I need ot lay off the web sites!

KT I am glad your neice is off the respirator. What is going on with her? I am sorry to hear this, as I know how it feels, for sure. I have goodn ews about Carmen- she wont' need her heart surgery until she is a teen - but afterwards she needs blood thinners so she won't be able to carry a baby. But I mean, that is like 25 years away, so we'll see how it goes and what progress medicine has made by then, eh?

Well b/f is ready to start his spring conditioning. Every spring he wants to run, bike, etc. Trouble is, he is geared up and I am sickly!! I soooo want to be better!
Old 04-06-2004, 02:40 PM   #6  
Eve's Mom

Jess PS don't freak about your surgery, it'll go great I am sure. My sister has had similar surgery three times! She did fine I am rooting for you...
Old 04-06-2004, 03:21 PM   #7  
Proud Canadian

Belle - It's great that little Carmen is doing so well!! My niece's new kidney that she received 2 years ago is having some "issues" - it caused her blood pressure to skyrocket which caused fluid to back up in the lungs. The fluid is now out of her lungs but you can only take the harsh blood pressure meds for so long so they are trying to figure out what is making the kidney malfunction and deal with that before they can relax a bit. I think my brother put in for stress leave at work and we're all a little worried about her. We're still "wait and seeing"

Kier - I just got the "not too much to honk"

KT
Closed Thread