Old 03-28-2004, 03:02 PM   #1  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Default Weekly Chatting Thread 3/28-4/3

I can't believe it's nearly April already. Classes start again this week, I wish break was longer, but I'm looking forward to it anyways.
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 04:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i had a bad night last night. =( overate at a social function, mostly because i got put in a bad mood because i was losing at poker. i need to learn to separate food from emotions.

today i'm detoxing, which to me just means that i am drinking juice all day and a smoothie after my workout. which i must go do now anyways.
gonzostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 08:15 PM   #3  

DH & I just got back this afternoon from the weekend away, visiting his sister. Suffice it to say her "housekeeping style" is different than ours, so though we had a good time visiting, we are GLAD to be back in our clean, calm, dog-hair-free duplex! (-; It was really nice to get away, though. There was some indulging on the food-front, but nothing binge-like or over the top....so I'm looking forward to making this a great, successful week. Weigh in on Friday morning! I'll be ready!
Hope ya'll had a GREAT weekend. (-;
Jen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 10:45 AM   #4  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Hello All! Everyone have a great week!

What happened to the month of March???
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 06:29 PM   #5  

I'm back from vacation, lost some luggage, but otherwise had a wonderful time. I'm trying to get back on track after being gone for 3 weeks and spending 14 hours on a plane yesterday.

I checked out the scale this afternoon, weighed in at 131.5, I'll see what it actually is in the morning because that's my weigh in time, but even if I did gain half a pound I'll be pretty pleased. I've spent the past month away from the gym and eating whatever I wanted, relying on the fact that I was doing a lot of walking around and swimming for activity.
katia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 09:09 PM   #6  

Katia, welcome BACK! It's good to see you on the boards again! I hope you had an awesome time & of course we look forward to hearing more about it. WTG on only gaining a 1/2 lb. at most--that is really, really good for 3 weeks of change in routine. Congratulate yourself, you deserve it!
Spill, I hear you--March has just FLOWN, hasn't it? Makes me realize that since I want to meet my goal in the next 2 1/2 months, I really need to get serious (for more than a few days at a time). Thanks for the wake-up call! (-;
Old 03-30-2004, 09:41 PM   #7  
Movin' and Losin'

Hey, ladies! Welcome back, Katia! It's good to see you around again. I can't wait to hear about your trip! I'm with Jen -- only gaining 1/2 pound over three weeks is fabulous. I know when I get out of my routine, I'm a mess. I think you did a great job of managing things! Congrats!!

I with you Spill, where did March go??? It really, really flew by. I was hoping to be further along in my weightloss by now, but as long as I keep going, I guess that's what is important.

I had a great week last week. My dad came to visit, and we had lots of fun going to spring training games, shopping and going out to eat. It wasn't the best week in terms of eating and exercise, but I guess that's not so important sometimes.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 12:17 PM   #8  
it's the getting up

wow, classes started again this week and it has finally kicked in that this will be my last term here at Eastern!!!! luckily, I get to go out with a bang, I have some of my most favorite teachers and some really interesting classes. it would have been so much more enjoyable if that had been the case from the get go. but, exciting weekend planned, I am heading to Portland to check out the area and look at apartments! this whole graduation thing is really starting to seem like it's happening. I am really excited about the move, especially since I've been in a town that only has a three screen movie theater.... hello culture here I come! this little town has a lot to offer in other avenues, but I have taped it dry and there are no jobs! so, back to the city I shall go. it could be a little chaotic food wise this weekend but I'm gonna pack some snacks and bring my tenny's and get some walking in, yeah I am so excited!
sunseeker_ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 04:52 PM   #9  
Big-time loser

Jamie: Mmm... Portland. I love that city! Hope your last term goes wonderfully!
Oh my goodness, did I get my exercise in yesterday or what? After the walk and the jog, I'd already gotten plenty of exercise yesterday, but my friends and I went to a show last night and "danced" all night. Sweaty, but fun (unfortunately, I'm not too sure that the majority of that sweat was mine... ew.), despite a couple of bruises and sore spots today I'm ready to hit the weights (and go for a quick jog on the treadmill) after I finish up here.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:41 PM   #10  

Jamie: I am so jealous! I can't wait to move back to Portland. I love that city. Where in Portland are you looking for apartments? Downtown?
tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 04:27 PM   #11  

Well gals, early tomorrow morning I'm off to SD for my spring break! I'm getting SO excited to see my family again! I'm committed to stay cognizant of my weight loss goals, even while away from home. I want to make April my best month in a long time! If I have enough time, I will check in a time or two, and if not, I'll see ya'll in about 10 days! Have a great weekend everybody! (-;
Old 04-02-2004, 04:38 PM   #12  

Have a great trip Jen!!!!
tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 04:40 PM   #13  
Big-time loser

Have a wonderful time! See (less of you) back soon!
Old 04-02-2004, 09:30 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

got some yucky news this week. you know that pesky knee problem i have? it's always getting the way of my exercise. i got ti checked out by an orthopedic doctor, and i need surgery.

yuck! it's an ACL tear, so i will have a transplant of that ligament, which will put me on disability for 4-6 weeks! i'll miss a LOT of work, so i don't know if i'm ready to go through with it yet.

in other news, i've been eating really well, although i haven't exercised the past two nights since that doctor's appointment. he told me i cna't do any exercise videos, treadmill, or swimming anymore. strictly stationary bikes, ellipticals, or upper body weights for me from now on, until my surgery is totally healed.
gonzostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 09:39 PM   #15  

Holly, that sucks, but you will be good as new after you have the surgery and go through rehab. I had a bunch of guy friends go through the same thing and they worked it out with their doctors and managers to be able to do as much as they could at work while recovering. I was in charge of getting the frozen peas out of the freezer and bringing them to my cube neighbor when he was recovering from ACL surgery.

Jen - Enjoy your spring break, I'm so sad mine is over!

I'm off for a date with my sweetie, have a good weekend everyone.
katia is offline   Reply With Quote