Old 03-28-2004, 10:07 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default My Mom

You know, that woman left for Vegas last Sunday. Came back on Thursday night (I know this cuz DD and I went to pick them up from the airport). She gained only FIVE pounds while going off Atkins. She's now lost all but ONE of them! I think that's SO great!!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 01:05 AM   #2  
Big Loser Wannabe

Thats great!! I hope that if I ever decide to *cheat* that I will be able to take the weight right back off with no problems
hillary29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 08:28 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

My hubby is on maintenance, you wouldn't believe what he eats on the weekend, by Tuesday he is at or below his normal weight.

He jumps right back on plan on Monday but the weight he gains, he swares is water.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 08:29 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Makes me wonder if I can HAVE those jelly beans and chocolate for Easter and then not worry about it the next day
Old 03-29-2004, 08:35 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Brenda, everyone is different so be careful.

This sounds weird but I've been OP for over 4 weeks now, I've only lost 2 lbs. SIGH~ For lent I decided not to cheat.

Before this, I used to have a cheat day every two weeks and wouldn't you know, the following week I'd be down 2 lbs ????? its like my body needed a kick or something w/the carbs. I dunno.

I'm not trying to give anyone ideas but what I'm trying to say is it is very strange how it effects each of us differently. Some can get away with cheating once in a while and others can't. It might throw some people so off wack they can't get back on plan......... be careful.

I will be eating cake Easter for sure, but the next day I will be right back on plan.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 08:37 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

I've told mom that her body is different than mine. That's why we don't lose weight the same way. She can eat things I won't dream of doing. It seems I've got to be on VERY strict induction to lose weight.
So IF I give into the Easter stuff...I'll be paying for it for sure!!!