Old 03-22-2004, 07:02 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Monday, March 22 Chat

Good Morning

I'm home today from work. Mental break day

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I had to go to a surprise b/day party last night. We didn't get home until 9 pm. DD didn't go to bed until midnight, it really threw her off wack but she had a good time. It sucked b/c there were two tables of deserts and I didn't have so much as a crumb of it I know this sounds weird but I was so angry inside b/c I couldn't have any, hope it didn't show on my face. Oh well. DH stuffed his face all weekend too and that got on my nerves. Here I'm trying to be so good and I'm not losing b/c I'm going over in my calories and I get to watch him eat entire bags of chocolate chip cookies in one sitting and he's 145 lbs. SIGH~~ GROWL ~~ SIGH~~

Okay i'm done lol.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 07:27 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 6"

Monday Monday.. oh Joy!
I had a lazy day yesterday. I didn't move off my couch except to scrape together food and to visit the potty. I haven't NOT moved like that in such a long time it felt good just to relax. However, today I'm feeling guilty.. geesh I can't win! It will be made up for today no doubt since my house is um trashed.. --sigh-- So off to work I go now to come home to work later Ah such is life.. You all have a great day!

Leenie - Good job staying away from the dessert table. I know I have felt angry at times for not being able to indulge a little bit myself. In the end it will be for the best.. hang in there.
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 07:40 AM   #3  

Well my weekend was just work work work as I had Wed and Thursday off.
Friday I ate a bag of mini eggs but so far nothing gained thankfully.
I have drank a lot of water hoping to flush it out.

I guess I won't loose this week but staying the same isn't as bad as gaining right?

J's room is almost finished and witht he black trim looks ok. I want to find a black bunk over futon bed for him. ( me actually for dh snoring nights ).

Lady adnerd Give me your email and I will send the recipe as it is from another lowcarb site and don't want to break any rules.

Well off to start the lunches for school as kids leave in 20 min.
have a good day all
jjcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 08:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning Ladies,

Leenie - wtg on staying away from the desert table I have always enjoyed the taste of bitterness to sweets anyday

Trazzie - glad you kind of enjoyed your lazy day, had one in my neck of the woods too but then again, like you, tons more work to do today. You win some and all that other stuff.

jjcj - when you find one let me know we've got some log sawing problems here too. Glad the room is almost done and looks alright, i bet you'll be used to it in no time.

Gained a mystery 2.5lbs last night (Brenda are you sharing ) Ate at a resturant last night so that's it I'm sure. Oh well, it's nice that it doesn't bother me anymore, these things will happen and they too will pass. Got an early work call today so gotta run. That better mean I'm off early too!

TTFN
Tummy
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 08:30 AM   #5  

Leenie: I understand where you are coming from. My ex can cut down on beer and bread and lose weight in a heartbeat. It's so unfair!!!!! I wish I just had half his metabolism. :| Congratulations on having the willpower to stay away from the desserts.

Trazzie Yay! for lazy days. Saturday I started spring cleaning. I made it through my daughter's room and the kitchen. Today it is my room, the dining room and the living room. I'll tackle the office tomorrow! Yikes! Papers everywhere!!! Have a good one today.

jjcj: Good luck on the not gaining. It's discouraging when we don't lose but it's good when we don't gain any weight back! Good luck on getting the room done.

Tummy: I think restaurants aren't as "low carb" as they claim sometimes. I don't think I gained from my two ventures out to Ruby Tuesdays and Longhorn but I do feel as if I swelled up water wise. *sigh* But you are right. These things happen and you will just continue to lose and lose I bet.

Have a wonderful Monday (is there such a thing??!?! ) everyone!!!!
southerngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 08:31 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

Tummy: Sorry to hear about the gain. I like to share but I've yet to give anyone MY poundage. But I swear if DH loses weight it somehow comes onto MY scale My scale is going up a little--but I'm sure it's because of TOM, the chocolate bars (haven't had one in a couple days though) and this lovely bag of low carb chips I found

jjcj: yes, I like staying the same. That's always nice. Of course it's nice to see the scale go down also. I'm sure I won't lose anything for a couple weeks. Hopefully it does the same as before and then go WHOOSH and I can drop 5 more pounds. That was cool! lol

Trazzie: Hey! Enjoy your day guilt free!! If you can't take a health day who can? lol. You could be like ME and take one EVERY day. My house is always..um....trashed (But I know where everything is usually!)

Leenie: Sorry to hear about the party. I think that's one reason I haven't gone anywhere yet. lol. And hopefully "in the end" DH gets his for eating like a pig in front of you! MY DH decided to buy jelly bellies..and then started eating them in front of me. You know how good jelly bellies usually are???? I'm surprised I've not scarfed them down!!

I've figured out I'm not going to lose anything. Last week I didn't and I'm sure this week neither. Which stinks but it's my own fault. Well, it's the potato chips fault for not agreeing w/me But they're SOOO good!! DH thought they were gross--but he eats "regular" stuff so these would. I was SOO hungry for jelly beans yesterday. I almost bought SF ones. But OMG the carb count!! The regular ones have less carbs but sugar. So I decided they weren't worth it. I need to get my butt back OP and force myself to work out. I'm not going to get far this way. But I really HATE to work out. I need a personal trainer standing behind me (probably a marine drill sargeant would work) barking at me to get my fluffybutt moving. It's really weird. I enjoy exercising WHEN I'm doing it, it's just getting motivated that's the hard part. Anyone else have that problem? DH and I set up some "Linkable" lights last night. OMG I thought they'd be simple! Jeez!! So I didn't get a chance to work on the GS cookie deposit slips and it's due tomorrow. Add having homework for hunters safety. UGH!!

Hope you all have a good Monday!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 08:33 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

Michele: Wow you get a lot done don't you? I've got to get cleaning one of these days. Once again I have GS stuff scattered on my table so it's looking trashy there again.
Your offer of being exercise buddies is interesting. How do you think we could work this?
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 09:16 AM   #8  

Good morning everyone. Well we are back from our trip. Let's just say that it went as well as could be expected. It was a little tense around there and his ex was the most miserable woman on the planet that night. I didn't fall into her trap and it was killing her. She is wacked.....every time I was talking to one of her grandchildren she came over and took them away. I didn't really notice it until the second time and thought "was she doing what I think she was doing" Then when it happened again I had all I could do but laugh.
When we were leaving she made one parting shot as we were getting into the cab....."a pleasure as always". I had all I could do but turn around and tell her to "drop the f'in baby and come out here and say that again"
But I was a good girl. So, she hates me now and I think she is going to do everything in her power to make the kids hate me. I know she controls them so I don't stand a chance. Even though they are adults she still holds the strings. Oh well, I am just going to have to go on with my life. It will be a long time thankfully till I have to see any of them again so I will try and relax. I didn't get much sleep last night....got up around 3:00am and started thinking about all of it. Started crying and just couldn't seem to stop. I am very tired today to say the least.

AND!!!!!! I am up 4 freakin pounds! What is up with that? Yes I had some pizza on Friday night and yes TOM is on it's way but for cryin out loud! 4 POUNDS! AND ANOTHER THING.....remember the issue with my measurements. Well I took them when I got home on Friday and I have only changed a woppin 1/2 " and I think my stomach actually is bigger! How can this be? No wonder I haven't changed sizes. How does someone lose all this weight and not lose any inches? I really am concerned that this woe is not going to work for me. I can follow it fine, and I seem to lose but WHERE?

Anyone have any advise?

I have to go start and installation so I will have to check in personally later on I promise.
Have a wonderful day all.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 09:29 AM   #9  

Hi!
Just wanted to say goodmorning to everyone. I haven't really had much in the way of cravings but yesterday I had the worst chocolate craving. Probably a combination of PMS and still wanting a canoli from Saturday night. I don't usually do fake food, but I finally broke down and got an Atkins Advantage bar on my way to the library. I ate it in little pieces over the course of the day, and it helped, but I generally try to stay away from fake food, especially sugar alcohols. I know it says they're acceptable for induction, but what's everyone's take on that? Do you think it's okay to eat one once in a while? I have a crazy day so I'm not sure if I'm going to have time for personals later, but know that the thought is there.
Have a good day!
Abbie
Genghis Cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 10:09 AM   #10  

Good Morning Everyone!

Lennie: Enjoy your day off you deserve it! And congrats on staying away from the desserts!

Trazzie: You deserved that lazy day I am sure. I had one myself yesterday also! It felt so good, but like you there will be extra work today to make up for it! Oh a woman's work is never done!

JJCJ: You are correct, Staying the same is a lot better than having that scale move up! Hope those mini eggs are flushed never to show up!

Tummy: I am sure that those 2.5lbs will disappear just a quickly as they appeared!

Michellel: when you get done with all the cleaning, move on over to my house (I'm in NC also)

Brenda: When you find that drill seargent to help you, send him my way also! Like you I enjoy excersing while I am doing it, just can't seem to get the motivation to do it! And btw, I loved the pics of your antler rings...they are so neat!

Jane: Glad that you are back safe and sound from your trip! Way to go on being the better person! I don't know if I could have done as good as you did or not with all that. She sounds like a real pain in the a**! Hope those 4 pounds go away as mysteriously as they appeared!

Genghis: hope that you have a wonderful day!

Well, it's off to work again today. That one day off went by way too fast! Had a lazy day here and it sure felt good to get some rest! I have been going non stop for the last few weeks so if felt so good to be lazy! I stepped on the scale this morning and was down 1lb. Oh well, I wish it was more, but I am very happy that it is down instead of up! Wish there was some way I could steal some of my hubby's metabolism! The weight seems to be just falling off of him so fast! grrrrrrrr Hope everyone has a great day, and I will check back in this afternoon!
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 10:18 AM   #11  

Hi Brenda!!! I am trying to get the house in tip top shape for two reasons... 1) if i don't do this every few months it just gets so messy and disorganized and 2) I am moving this summer so I thought I'd get a few steps ahead by packing up the things I am not using and storing them, labelled and ready to go and tossing out all the things (or giving them to goodwill) that won't be going with us.

Regarding exercise buddies: I did this in my early 20s when I was trying to get into shape for a climb. My friend Liz and I were across the country from each other so we would post our exercise goals and send reminders via email to each other every day. We were also there via IM or email to complain or get motivation when needed. We mapped out daily and weekly goals and sent ecards to the other when goals were met. It was fun and a nice pick me up. Also on days I did not want to work out, I did because I felt not doing so was letting Liz down. It worked well for me. Would you be interesting in tailoring that system to meet our needs and personalities here?!?!? It might be the motivation we each need!!

Jane: I am so very sorry you had to go through that. The adult kids are choosing to allow her to poison their minds. You just take the high road and know that it is their problem and NOT yours!!! I feel so badly for you, your husband and those grandchildren. Toxic people are the worst. Don't I know it!!! Stress could have made your hormones wacky thereby causing greater weight gain. Now that you are home, go back OP and get through your TOM and you will be back down in no time. You just came off an awful time. Don't worry about the weight right now. Just do what you know you should food and exercise wise and all will be well. I just know it!!! *hugs*

Abbie: It was my understanding in the book that you should not partake often if at all of the shakes and bars while in Induction. I might be wrong about that. I'll go check today and let you know if someone else doesn't answer you first. Good for YOU! btw on choosing a sensible Advantage bar rather than indulging in candy. I think you should get major Kudos for that!!! Think of this more as you making good choices rather than worrying if it is acceptible or not. If Atkins suggests not having them on Induction, you now know and don't eat them until after your 2 weeks are up!! Some people stall on them and some don't. I hope I am one of the ones who doesn't. I am really looking forward to having the occasional Atkins shake and bar once I get below 200!!

Have a wonderful day all.
Old 03-22-2004, 10:22 AM   #12  

Mrs H: I won't be in NC permanently until August. Can it wait until then?!?!?
Old 03-22-2004, 10:30 AM   #13  
The Princess O' Pets

Good Morning ladies

Well all is well over on this front, the Doc martens warehouse sale was great and i am wearing one of my new pairs of shoes today!! LOVE em! I am already at work. So I noticed this little observation yesterday, on Friday like i said we went out with friends and they picked chinese, so you can eat as much OP as possible with chinese but it is the sauce that kills you ( I don't eat rice or noodles) Tried to pick the best i could under the circumstances, well my observation is that when that happens and some sugar gets in the system, I always am off plan the next day too but just less, I had that meal on Friday and then the next day i was having taco salad at with DH at his Fav mexican resturaunt but then I eat some tortilla chips, and today i feel fine.....it is like you have to wean your self off of the carbs again but only it is faster this time...does that make sense. I noticed this pattern every time I get sugar in me. HUH....just an observation. ANY who, I am ready to go back to the gym today I have to go Grocery shopping and go pick up the boys new twin beds after work!! I am a busy gal today WHOOPIEEEEE!

Leenie have a great day off!! I know exactly what you are saying about being mad I feel that way sometimes too!!

Trazzie: Gald you got some rest girl!

JJ: We are in the midst of redecorating the boys room too!

Tummy the 2.5 will probably be gone tomorrow, its probably water. But I hate that too!

HI southerngirl!

Lady it is hard to get back OP but you can do it girl!!!!

Jane that ex is crazy and sounds like jealous

Hi genghis!! Hi Mrs H have a great day!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 10:37 AM   #14  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genghis Cohen
I know it says they're acceptable for induction, but what's everyone's take on that? Do you think it's okay to eat one once in a while? Abbie
Abbie - I eat one every day just about and some days 2 (Im on induction) and I have lost almost 40 pounds that way. I think that it depends on the person. If you are sensitive to sugar alcohols then I would do it only once in a while.

With the schedule I keep.. I need to have them on hand. And I dont seem to be sensitive to them...
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 10:52 AM   #15  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good Morning all!

I dont have time to get too personal now.. but I will tryto do what I can!

Leenie - Enjoy your day off!!

To all the losers - WTG

To those that gained - It will come off.. Especially if you went out to eat or TOM is nearing!

As for me... I got up and got to the gym at 5 AM again. Did really good mileage on the eliptical (Upped my time by 5 minutes this week too) and really did a great workout on the abs and upper body weights too!

Today is Weigh In and I am down a total of 2.5 pounds this week! WOO HOO! I am on the way back down again!

Made myself a new omlete today.. Pepperoni and Cheddar! It was really good! But loaded with calories! ACK! Oh well!

Michelle had a good idea about having exercise buddies! That can help too! Maybe we should start an exercise goal thread every week where we all put our goals in on monday and then report back on Sunday if we met our goals?

Ok off to school! I'll be back later!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote