PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 03-17-2004, 12:35 PM   #1  
Rattie Lover

Smile Chocolate Article!! And It's a Good One!!

Ooooo...finally...a good note on eating chocolate!!YAY!!! I know it isn't PCOS related but...I had to tell ya all!! I'm spreading the word! heehehehehe

Feel Free To Indulge!!
(in moderation of course!! )

What's a woman without chocolate??
To benefit your heart, opt for dark chocolate. Unlike milk chocolate, the dark kind contains high levels of antioxidants called flavanoids, which protect against heart disease and decrease LDL (bad) cholesterol. But don't eat it while drinking a glass of milk--it cancels out the benefits.
Instead, eat it with a glass of red wine. Red wine, like chocolate, is rich in flavanoids and antioxidants.
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 01:36 PM   #2  

Quote:
...eat it with a glass of red wine. Red wine, like chocolate, is rich in flavanoids and antioxidants.
You can have my lifetime's allotment of choccolate, Noodles. Most of the red wine, too, sad to say. Put the two together and I've got searing migraine with nausea, fainting, and vomiting for 2 or 3 days. I don't crave the stuff at all; I associate it with excruciating agony. So take my chocolate-- please!
SeekInnerThinChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 05:36 PM   #3  

Oh no, no migraines allowed. We will send you a lovely cup of steaming chai tea with milk and stevia. It is lovely to know that there is some medicinal benefit to this well sought after substance!

Jenaya
Jenaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 06:00 PM   #4  
Rattie Lover

Hey I want some of that tea too!! Don't forget me!!
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 05:50 AM   #5  

Ok, chai spice all around then! It is lovely. Celestial Seasonings has a new herbal tea similar to chai - can't remember the name though - has a tiger on the front of the box. It is yummy too!

J.
Jenaya is offline   Reply With Quote