Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 08:40 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Monday March 1st - The Eyes Of March Chat

Good Morning,

Hope y'all had a wonderful weekend, today's weather is going to hit 60

Watcha all do this weekend ?
Old 03-01-2004, 09:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Chickadees!

We woke up to 60 degrees this morning and it's suppose to be 70 this afternoon. In the 70's all week they are saying. Can you believe it!

Leenie? how is the toe and how did you do on atkins this weekend? did you happen to check out my food log for yesterday? I couldn't stand it and had a slice of wheat toast for breakfast and 1/2 cup of rice with crawfish etioufee for lunch - oh well - it was a choice!

Donna - I think you asked if everybody here is on atkins. definitely not - I think we have just about ever diet plan here - some on weight waters, some on low carb, some on atkins, sugar busters, ediets, counting calories, and just doing their own thing. We are a variety of dieters.

I've got lots of paperwork to do and then to the nursing home during lunch, so I'll be back later.

hugs,
cathy
Old 03-01-2004, 11:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

I don't have to go to the nursing home during lunch today! my sis is going. So I can go walk at the mall during lunch! can you tell I'm glad!

where's the rest of our gang today?

hugs,
cathy
Old 03-01-2004, 12:25 PM   #4  

Hey guys! I am here trying to figue out a way for me to get some lunch. The boss isn't here and he usually watches the front for me so that I can get something to eat. Well, he isn't here and I didn't bring anything to eat. Of course I am starving right now too.

I get a check to school Friday to order my machine that I am going to need after I graduate. I am so happy. That is the last thing that I needed for everything. Now, I just need to take my state boards and I will be ready.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:41 PM   #5  
Divine Gal

Default Good Afternoon Gang!!

Hello Ladies.. I didn't really do much except for cleaning and watching TV this weekend.I opened all the windows because we actually got higher then 30s this weekend.We were close to 60s some of the weekend.I loved it especially all the fresh air.It does a body such good.We are supposed to pretty warm this week compared to being in the 30s and/or lower.I am glad but I think we will get one last heavy snow before spring finally hits here.

I don't think I will be going to WW tonight being that TOM is right around the corner.Don't really have the money either.I have been so crabby and mushy the last week.So it looks as though I won't be boohooing this week to yall

Kempy; what are you going to school for?

Leenie; is that toe any better?How are you doing on your atkins?

Cathy; you are walking today?How is the atkins goin?

DonnaD; I am doing Weight Watchers.I have tried Atkins before and it wasn't working for me.But I have an aunt its working for.

Hope you all are having a swell day.

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 03-01-2004, 12:55 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Kem, keep the excitement up, you look pretty in excitement

Lynnie, hang in there. Wasn't the weather dreamy this weekend, I had my window's open early in the morning, it was only 40 out and my hubby called me nuts... I just couldn't wait. Well upstairs the windows were open then downstairs I waited until it got warmer out then I opened downstairs. Hey remember if you see a Robin you'll get snow after that. I'm going around w/my eyes closed

Cathy, I did okay this week dieting. The weekend I have a hard time keeping the calories low but I did stay OP. I was also very busy cleaning this weekend so I'm hoping it counted for something

Toe is doing okay, sore but okay. Black & blue is starting to fade nicely
Old 03-01-2004, 12:55 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Thanks for asking
Old 03-01-2004, 01:31 PM   #8  
Divine Gal

no problem hun
Old 03-01-2004, 02:02 PM   #9  

Good morning everyone

You ladies are talking about 60F weather.....here we have snow on the ground....it was -1.2C this A.M.....just below freezing.

DH & I were up early....went to coffee with friends.....am going to go to Costco later.....I didn't do too well with my eating plan on the weekend....but am back with it today.

Donna D.....I am doing ediets....have lost 19 lbs. since August....it is slow.

Leenie.....DS3 & his GF came over for a visit on Saturday with their 2 dogs.....his GF got a job....it's her 3rd week....she is doing bookkeeping.

April
Old 03-01-2004, 03:32 PM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

April, what kind of dog ?

My mom just got a golden retrieve puppy, she is beautiful, her name is Molly
Old 03-01-2004, 03:33 PM   #11  
CIN

Hi Gals
Hope everyone is fairly HAPPY for the beginning of a new week!

Leenie.hope the toe improves daily.but toes take time!

Kemp..you sound good.hope you dont miss lunch!

I am heading back to work in a few. Had a nice weekend.......stuck to healthful eating....hubby doing WWers.so Ihave to be good too!

Raining here today.supposed to all week................but warm .so who cares!

Cathy/you are so good about exercise.I am proud of you!

Later taters
Cin
Old 03-01-2004, 03:46 PM   #12  
Divine Gal

OMG!! I have to tell yall..DH measured me today... I have taken 1/2 inch more off my waist and 1/2 inch off my thighs...YAY!!!!
Old 03-01-2004, 05:35 PM   #13  

Leenie.....DS3 & his GF have 2 Border Collies....1 they have had for a year....he is 14 months now....the other 1 they got from the Border Collie rescue a few weeks ago.....she is 1 1/2 years....she was abused somewhat....she was bred 2 times....had puppies twice....& she is only 1 1/2 years old.

DH & I hava a Border Collie also.....DS2 also had a Border Collie......the 3 males are brothers.....so I guess we are a Border Collie family. DH & I have had Border Collies for over 20 years.....they are so affectionate.

April
Old 03-01-2004, 08:09 PM   #14  

Default did I say atkins?

hi guys,

did I say atkins? I tried atkins about 1 or so ago. worked initially but then felt horrible. I did sugar busters last summer and it worked well. but then I fell off the wagon, health problems followed and I gained most back. But I'm back on SB and feel pretty good. My doc is ok with it also. I'm diabetic and he thinks it sounds like the way to go. or should I say "weigh to go" sorry sometimes I can't help myself.

Lynnie, great news about the loss in inches. Keep up the good work. I am scared to death of the measuring tape

April, what's the deal with ediets. Is it like weight watchers but online.

oh Cathy, should I say weight waters (but seriously, thanks for the input. Obviously you all feel strongly about atkins, I think with good reason. I'll never try it again. Lesson learned )
Old 03-02-2004, 08:35 AM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Donna, we gotta do what works for us. I'm glad SB is working for you now. Are you on meds or does the diet keep it under control ?

Lynnie on the inches lost...... good things come to those who weight (hhaaaa Donna started it)

April, I love border collies, and golden retrievers. Some day I will get a border, I'd love a black one with white around one eye they are so sweet. My mom just got a golden puppy, she's 3 months old and FULL of energy, sharp teeth too lol. She's still got puppy breath lol.

Hey Cin, thats wonderful DH is doing WW with you. or is it ?? haaaaaaaa. Does he have a lot to lose ?
Closed Thread