Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 07:48 PM   #1  

Default Need Help

Hello my name is Genell. I am a married mother of two daughters. I have been doing the South Beach diet since 1/5. I was doing very well till we all went on vacation for Valentine's Day.Since then it has been very hard to get back on track.Today I had a very bad day. I came home and ate anything I could get my hands on. I even sat on the floor with my kids and told them we were having a junk food party. I have never in my life done anything like this before. After we were all done I took some laxatives. I haven't taken laxatives in over 6 years. I dont understand what is going on with me. I need help. What type of doctor do I go see? I know I have had a problem in the past and I do not want to go down that road again. I am not even that over weight I have only ten pounds to loose. I am 4'11 and I weigh 112. On a good day i weigh 110. I want to go down to 100. For my height that is a healthy weight. When I started on 1/5 I was close to 120. My weight really messes with my mind. It control's my day. If I dont like what the scale says it ruins the day. And of course I have to weigh my self every time I go into the bathroom. If my clthes are to tight i go crazy and take it out on everybody. I really need help. Thanks for listening

GENELL
Old 02-27-2004, 10:19 PM   #2  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hey...I'm a Jennelle too!

I've also been right where you are. The scale used to rule my life, too. I also used to binge like nobody's business. Some good examples....an entire box of Thin Mint cookies, then a half-gallon of ice cream, then a sleeve of crackers with cheese on each one (that's about 12 slices of cheese). I've never taken laxatives, but I did take a bunch of ipecac once so I could throw up. I have yo-yo dieted my whole life...until now.

For years, I have known that I had an eating disorder, but I was too scared (or too in denial) to admit it. Finally, shortly before Christmas, I realized I had to do SOMETHING, or my disease was going to kill me. God led me to OA through Rochemist (a.k.a. "Miss Chris"), and there I found the tools to help me learn to live with my disease.

Being a compulsive overeater is just like being an alcoholic. It's not a matter of willpower or lack of willpower - it's a matter of a medically recognized addiction. With the right tools, the addiction can be managed and controlled. It's working for me - I've been "food sane" since December 21, 2003.

I urge you to read some of the "stickies" on compulsive overeating. Also, check out the OA site at www.oa.org. You can also visit http://www.oa12step4coes.org , which has links to online meetings and sponsors.

I'm glad you're here. Keep coming back.

Jennelle
Old 02-27-2004, 11:43 PM   #3  

Welcome Genell! I had never even heard of that name until Jennelle and now I've met 2. Lucky me!

Welcome to our group! I second what Jennelle suggested. Plus please visit our daily check in group. I hope to get to know you better.
Closed Thread