Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 08:49 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Thursday Chat, February 26th

Good Morning,

Its a sucky morning for me, not only do I NOT have turkey bacon here at work (DARN DARN DARN!!) I broke my toe this morning.... don't ask. So I'm hungry and in pain HAAAAAAAAAA!!!! lo (whinning sack of crap eh~)

LIZ HELP! I NEED A NURSE No sense going to the doctor, there's nothing they can do for a broken toe, so I've heard...sigh~ I do know a 2 lb bag of M&M's would help the pain

Whats happening in your world ?
Old 02-26-2004, 09:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Leenie???? I know you said don't ask, but I'm asking anyway - what in the world happened? is it swollen and blue already?

I'm gonna grab my coffee! brb

hugs,
cathy
Old 02-26-2004, 09:23 AM   #3  

Leens I can't believe your toe is broken. That is reason enough to either go home or have someone go get you some bacon. I hope you start to feel better. Maybe Liz will pop on and give you some advise as to what to do to make it feel better.

I am on my way to school this moning but I had a few minutes before I had to head out the door. Not to much going on. I don't have a test and I don't know if I will have an clients today either. I usually don't find out until I get there. I don't mind if I don't have anyone though b/c I can always work on myself. Not having another student with me sucks. I don't have anyone to work on me so I use every chance I can to remove some of my hais.

I hope you all have a great dayand I hope to chat later.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:38 AM   #4  

Hello everyone. It's another early morning for me to be up. Chris started calling me at 7:30 with that darn phone. I DETEST a ringing phone first thing of a morning!!! And if I don't answer, the lady who takes care of him comes knocking on my bedroom window. ARGH!!!

Lots to do today but I don't know that I'll do any of it. I am so tired as I didn't sleep well last night. I woke up with my boob hurting sooooooo bad. I must have gotten it pinned under me or between my arm and body. I guess this is another good reason to lose weight...so the ol boobs don't get caught in the wringer.

I didn't weigh this morning as I ate some soy sauce last night and didn't want to see the water retention weight as it would only depress me. Tomorrow I will see if things are right with the world or not when I step on the scale as I'll eat better today.

Leenie I too want to know how you broke your toe. Were you chasing or being chased?

I've just got enough time to check my email before Chris is gonna want his computer so I'll check back in later.....
Old 02-26-2004, 10:02 AM   #5  

Okay Leenie, how did ja' break the toe????

We had fog this morning and now that it's clearing, every single twig, branch and sprig of dead grass is coated with a light frost. It looks magical. R had to drive south to the office 90+ miles from here and he said the roads weren't too bad.

Not much planned today. A bit of laundry, some dusting. Gotta email my nephew in Iraq to see how he is doing. Should write my sister. I should order some new bras as mine are shot. I don't know if they make training bras for grandmother's or not.

Oh, yeah, I have to bake a cake for a funeral at church. The deceased is an elderly woman who raised her family in this very house! Her son lost it because of alcohol, but he has now quit and has rebuilt his life. I feel sorry for him for having lost the family homestead, but, at least it still stands.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:05 AM   #6  
CIN

Default Happy Thursday

Happy Thursday Ladies!
Arent you glad you woke up today? Ha! I am! Especially since it is my day off work.

Sweet I will e mail you but I havent got anything from you yet!

I am "dog-sitting" a 4 lb Yorkie named Rocky! I was thrilled and adored him UNTIL he hiked his leg on my couch....now I totally distrust him! He slept in the kitchen gated off from the house and didnt make a peep. I guess I have forgiven him but still wonder????Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...oh well!

Lynnie.......repent dont repeat and move on.......no one is perfect!

Leenie....OUCH! I have done that to my little toe and hobbled around for weeks..so sorry!

Noodles.are you left handed? Just curious cause I have a daughter kinda like you with the hangers etc.She even wore what came "next".I think she is over it now.

BBL
Smiling Cin "Don't worry.......be happy" (love that song)
Old 02-26-2004, 10:36 AM   #7  

Morning everyone........had a couple days off......now I work for five over the weekend....

DD 12 and I went to ash wednesday mass yesterday...she was happy to hear that I was giving up yelling........I have to pay a dollar every time I do......and at the end of lent we will make a "small" donation I am hoping......I am not a huge yeller but we had had an incident just before mass so along with hugging and kissing on our way in I thought I would throw that in for good measure.

Leens sorry about the toe....keep it up and throw a bag of ice or frozen peas on your foot....that really hurts....take some ibuprofen as well and call me in the morning......oh ya.....should take the rest of the day off!

K have a good ay everyone!

Liz
Old 02-26-2004, 11:23 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Kem have fun in school today, what are you learning now ? when you learn lyposuction call me

Cin, little dogs are known for pissing in the house, gee I wonder why. He was obviously marking his territory and yes I would watch him. Thats one reason I wouldn't get a male dog, geezzzzzze they feel they gotta mark the world (no difference then men I guess . Well if your in the mood for a little football you know what to do JUST KIDDING!!!!

Hey Sweet, I get my boob pinched all the time just rolling over, the blasted thing always gets caught lol. OUCH...because man that hurts.

Cathy.......... how was your coffee ?? done yet lol

Gee Tippy, you've seen enuf funerals lately...stop it will yah. BTW what kinda cake? lol

LIZ $1 for every yell, man bet those kids make out like a bandit huh HAAAAAAAAA!!! thats a wonderful idea. Wish my sister would do that, she's the queen of yelling, my mom too. Me I don't yell I summons.

Okay, I was getting dressed this morning and when I left the room I shut the light off and went into the hallway where it was pitch black (on my way to DD room to get her up) We've been working in the one spare room we have making it into a play/exercise room for us all and there used to be a head board in that room but DH decided to put it in the hall way for now, and thats what I slammed into. I didn't yell or scream, I went OUCH!!! hobbled into DD room, got her up and as I was dressing her my foot went numb, thats when I knew I was in trouble. By the time I got to work, I sat down took off my shoe and the toe next to the little one is as black as could be, swollen and hurts like a mudda. Thats me story
Old 02-26-2004, 01:06 PM   #9  
Divine Gal

Default Good afternoon Ladies

OHHHH MY ACHING BODY!!! I just did an hour and 5 mins of exercising. I am tired, hungry, and in need of a hot shower. I finally moved my handweights up to 5 lbs...Bought them yesterday as well as a pair of nice soft slippers.ahhhh

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 02-26-2004, 01:42 PM   #10  

leenie, If you really think the 2lb bag of m&ms will help, then freeze them & put them on your toe. LOL
Honestly though, I hope you feel better.. and yes we all look for comfort food when we are sick or hurt. feel better..
Old 02-26-2004, 03:07 PM   #11  

Is anyone else having as much trouble as I am getting into different threads....I have to click on a manila envelope and it is so slow......is it just me?

Liz
Old 02-26-2004, 03:15 PM   #12  

Hey Liz - the only problem I am having is that when I post a word on the word association thread, like for instance I had just read headache and posted the word "pain" to go with it, but when I just went back and checked, there were like 5 other posts between those, so it looked like I posted the word "pain" to Lynnie's word of "relax" I would never think of pain when I was thinking of relaxing.

I don't even see an envelope to click on???? sorry

hugs,
cathy
Old 02-26-2004, 03:56 PM   #13  
CIN

Default Go Lynnie

Wow Lynnie
You go girl! Dont over-do.those 5 pound weights are heavy!

I am proud of you!

Cin
Old 02-26-2004, 04:32 PM   #14  

wow what a busy day! I am a form filling momma today!

Hey Leenie - how's the toe this afternoon? did you get anything to eat today? what did you find?

Hey Kemp - how many hairs ya have left on your body? hope you're having fun!

Hey Sweetpea - why does Chris call you at 7:30 in the morning when he knows you need your sleep? tell him I said to wait until 9:30 tomorrow morning ok! how often do you jump on that scale? I use to be an "everyday junkie" but now I only get on once a week, and that is still depressing.

Hey Tippy - I was so glad to hear that it was the church member that you were not too fond of and not the visiting pastor! I was gonna find him and warn him. hehehehehe I was wondering the same thing as Leenie - what kind of cake you makin? can you tell we are doing atkins and longing for some "bad carbs"

Hey Cin - a 4 lb yorkie sounds sooooooooo cute! until you mentioned he tried to wet on your couch. and now you've got that song going in my head "don't worry be happy" and I'm singing it with a jamacian accent.

Hey Liz - I can't picture you raising your voice, so surely you won't have to pay too many dollars??? keep us posted.

Hey Lynnie - wow! YOU GO GIRL! that's a lot of exercise!

Hey Donna - how r u doing today?

Anybody seen The Passion yet? It is sold out around here until at least next week.

I didn't have to go to the nursing home today, so I finally got to go walk at the mall for 45 minutes during lunch!

later gaters,
cathy
Old 02-26-2004, 06:53 PM   #15  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIN

Noodles.are you left handed? Just curious cause I have a daughter kinda like you with the hangers etc.She even wore what came "next".I think she is over it now.
Funny you should say that.. I am a lefty. I do rotate my clothes to wear stuff I haven't wore so everything gets worn, but I still have my favorites that I must wear weekly. hehee

Well... I went to the EyeBall Dr. today...

Surgery is March 22nd. Bad news is...the doc is going to work on BOTH eyes. BLAH!!! They asked me when I wanted to do this, I said the sooner the better, but I wasn't thinking that fast!! Oh well...I'll be glad to get it over and done with. I'll just be called "Bandit" for a little while after. hehehehe
They friggin dilated my eyes... As it is right now, I can barely see what I'm typing. Everything has that misty cloud! The things we go through to see better...
Closed Thread