Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 06:47 AM   #1  
Searching

Default Terrific Tueday- 10 Feb Can I beat Christy to the punch?

GOOD MORNING!

Just popping in to say hi I am so happy I have today off! One more hour and I go home for the next 3 days.

I love you all! I will check in later.

Miss Chris
Old 02-10-2004, 07:51 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Chris, enjoy your day off, sweetie!

Welcome, Angi! What a beautiful baby...

Christy, are you back at school?

Kat, I'm just going to pick up my prescription now. I'm supposed to take them in the morning, so I figured I may as well wait to get them today. Of course, they DO take 10 days to 4 weeks to kick in. I'll let you know when I'm "all new".
Hey... get back on the wagon, girl! You can do this!

Sorry... I'm on the run... I'll be back later...

love to all
Old 02-10-2004, 02:57 PM   #3  

Hi everyone! I'm jumping in!

A tiny introduction (I'll try not to make it like a long, boring Christmas letter!). . .

My wonderful husband and I have been married 5 years. I robbed the cradle - he is 9 years younger than I! His recent 30th birthday was big reminder of this age difference as I am racing toward 40! However, usually I don't even think about it.

In October of last year we went to Korea to bring home our son, Elijah who was 4 1/2 months at the time. I started 3FC a year before that newly motivated by the fact that in order to adopt our son I was required to be under a certain weight on a weight chart required by the Korean agency Elijah was placed with. So, I lost most of it healthily and the last couple of pounds in a desperate, unhealthy way. (They were waiting for me to lose the weight to refer a child to us and it was the most terrible, miserable pressure ever!)

There's no requirement to keep the weight off (until we adopt another baby!) so it has come back - a lot of it over the holidays.

I'm definitely a compulsive over eater - and sugar addict - so this is the right place for me. I hope to have time to start doing work over in the monthly step area - I'll bet you guys won't send the 3FC police to my house if I work on January's step even though it's February. . .

Our Elijah is now 8 months and pure JOY! I still can't believe I'm a mom!

Angi
Old 02-10-2004, 03:17 PM   #4  

Angi, what a lovely story. Re: your cradle robbing... Why is still such a shocker to people when the woman is older than the man. Not that it's relevant, but you're STUNNING!
And "Elijah"... such a beautiful name.
We're very glad to have you here.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:01 PM   #5  
Searching

Question Now I have to ask, "Where is Christy?"

Good Afternoon Ladies

Where is everybody? Well there is Ellis and Angi!

Ellis- Will you be shinier when your "all new" How was your day lady? You get my card yet?

Angi- I am so glad you came back this morning. Your gorgeous and you so deserve to be a Momma I so respect when young Momma's start to work the program. I wonder sometimes how many years did I waste not giving my son the attention he needed because I was so food focused. Kat will definitely have a true blessing of abstinence with her kids.

Last night I wrote on depression for my stepwork I think it is a true Step 1 writing because I found myself on my knees asking God to help me.

Today Yoga and a meeting! BBL!
Miss Chris
Old 02-10-2004, 06:28 PM   #6  

Hello! I just got two beautiful cards in the mail! Thank you so much, Chris and Kat! I'm going to hang them beside my writing computer upstairs.
(okay, I've got the cards almost written, and I've bought the stamps. Perhaps a walk to the post office this evening?)

Shinier, Chris? Well, I just bought myself a teeth whitening pack. I even looked at the make-up, but it was too confusing for words. Maybe I'll work up to that.
I know what you mean about giving our kids the attention they deserve. In my case, it was my depression that ruined things... particularly for my DD. I was definitely too young to consider the consequences of having children. Kat and Angi are very wise.
Of course, now that I'm being treated for depression and am older and wiser, I most likely would choose NOT to have children. Or to get married, for that matter. I'd be all alone up in my room writing and drinking coffee.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:29 PM   #7  

I'll let you know when the drugs kick in. Or maybe you can let ME know.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:59 PM   #8  

Hi guys!

Welcome Angi! Thanks so much for sharing your adoption story. DH and I are going to start TTC this summer but are fully willing to adopt if we have issues.

Ellis: I look forward to your card. I hope these meds are just what you need!

Chris: You are plugging away at that step work. You go girl!

Jennelle, Christy, everyone else

I am catching a bit of an online meeting before DH gets home. Have a great evening!
Old 02-10-2004, 08:17 PM   #9  

Just wanted to remind those who are interested that there is a beginner's online OA meeting tomorrow at 5:15 pm pacific (8:15pm Eastern).

You can find info here: http://oa12step4coes.org/
Old 02-10-2004, 08:36 PM   #10  

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Kat, thanks for the online info: I was going to search for this, but here it is!

Angi
Old 02-10-2004, 10:00 PM   #11  

Default I swear I posted this morning...

but when I hit submit...it was gone! Floating out in cyberspace, I guess! It was nothing major, mostly a gripe about a school-related meeting yesterday.

Angi -- I did welcome you in my absentee post! Glad to have you on board. Your Elijah is certainly a beautiful boy.

Kat -- Are you back in the exercising groove? Thinking of you and all that yoga. Not actually doing any myself, but thinking 'bout it.

Chris -- Enjoy your time off! So tell us your big plans and let us live vicariously through you. Is the weather any better out there?

Ellis -- You new and improved shiny girl! I'm glad you seem to be in such good spirits considering your med changes. 10 days to four weeks to see a difference, huh? Hang in there. You've done great so far.

Jennelle -- Hey there!

Well...cards went out from me today. I had them ready to go yesterday, but forgot to run by the post office. It's actually a good thing because I didn't realize I needed to put extra postage on the Canadian one. So ellis, yours will arrive with enough stamps to start a small collection 'cuz I never did find out exactly what I needed to put on there! Anyway, hope you get them soon!

I'm signing off now. Long night at class and I'm tired and a bit sad. My feelings were hurt pretty badly tonight over something that is probably childish, but hurt nonetheless. I pretend to have this tough exterior, but I'm such a softy inside. Cyber hugs welcome....

See you in the morning (provided the 'net doesn't eat my post again!)!

Love ya,
Christy
Old 02-10-2004, 10:40 PM   #12  
Searching

Talking Hey Everybody!

Back from meeting! My FP sponsor gave me a pair of jeans, size 14 Tommy Hilfiger guess what? They fit!!!!!!!

Christy- 2 stamps for Ellis is all you need, airmail is 72 cents. It will arrive eventually I too have the tough exterior but I am a really big softy. I feel more "real" about my feelings in OA and with ya'll than in the general world. They tell boys not to cry, well girls get the message too, if you want to play with the big dogs no tears allowed So here it is Christy
(((((((((((((((((((((((((CHRISTY)))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))!

Angi- How was your day?

Kat- I got your card today! It was just lovely I sat outside meeting tearing up because someone that hardly knows me cares.

Ellis- I find these things all so interealated; my depression, my food, my obsessions and eneral self abuse. Oh by the way I declare you better, God told me Yeah sometimes I think the same thing, if I hadn't been so depressed and codependent where would I have gone with my life But no point in wondering God has put me where he wants me.

Much love and check in Sarah and Gina!
Miss Chris
Old 02-10-2004, 11:20 PM   #13  

I have a second before Dh hands me the baby who is fighting sleep. I had a good day. Elijah stayed at my mom's house today (about 30 minutes away) and I got a lot of work done. (I work at home but have a hard time getting it done with the new little man in my life!) I'm still behind, but feeling like I have more of a handle on it.

gotta run. I'll do a better job tomorrow in commenting on YOUR posts! I'm overwhelmed today!
Closed Thread