WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2001, 04:12 PM   #1  

I know that the regular Jelly Belly jelly beans have 100 calories per ounce, but does anyone know how many calories are in the sugar free ones?
Old 03-28-2001, 01:43 PM   #2  
Senior Tortoise

There are sugarless jelly bellies?? What flavors??

--Lauren
Old 03-28-2001, 02:49 PM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

http://www.jellybelly.com/

Go to the site and e-mail them and see if they can tell you!
Old 03-30-2001, 04:23 PM   #4  

Sorry Lauren, I got the Jelly Bellies mixed up with other jelly beans. I don't think they have the sugar-free ones, but maybe someday.
Old 03-30-2001, 04:43 PM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

Yes they do have sugar-free Jelly Belly's. I saw them in a small package at Wal-Mart last night.

I'm sorry I don't remember the nutritional info though. I want to say the small package was 170 cal for the entire thing (approx 1 ounce) but I'm not sure.
Old 03-31-2001, 07:34 AM   #6  

Angry

I got a response from the Jelly Belly people and you're right Kelly. Here is their response. It looks like there is no difference in the number of calories and there is some information about eating sugar-free candies that I didn't know about at the end. I think I'll stick with the regular Jelly Bellies - they pack a lot of flavour into those 4 little calories per bean

We make Jelly Belly Sugar-Free jelly beans with aspartame in a mix of flavors including Cherry, Green Apple, Lemon, Pineapple, Strawberry,
Buttered Popcorn, Juicy Pear, Licorice, Sizzling Cinnamon and Tangerine. We sell this mix through retailers in bulk and individually twist-wrapped inbags and bulk.

We can help you locate a Jelly Belly retailer near you. Just call our toll-free Hotline at 1-800-JBBEANS (1-800-522-3267). Please call between 7am and 7pm CST, Monday through Friday.

Here are some additional technical facts about Jelly Belly Sugar-Free Mix:

Jelly Belly Sugar-Free Mix is made with polyols (which is derived from corn) such as maltitol, xylitol and lactitol. Polyols produce a cool sensation on the tongue and do not promote tooth decay. Jelly Belly Sugar-Free Mix also
contains aspartame, an artificial sweetener.

When compared to regular Jelly Belly jelly beans, this candy contains about the same number of carbohydrates (about 1 gram) and calories per bean (about 4 calories) and is not considered to be dietetic. It may, however, be useful in the diet of a diabetic person on the advice of a physician.

Sugar-free ingredients produce a candy that is unique in texture and flavor. The candy has a tendency to absorb moisture rapidly, especially if stored in high temperature and humid conditions. The product should be stored in a
cool, dry place.

Excess consumption of sugar-free candies can have a laxative effect on some people.

Sweet Regards,
Mr. Jelly Belly
Chairman of the Bean

Last edited by dharma; 03-31-2001 at 07:37 AM.
Closed Thread