South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 05:48 PM   #1  

Question Oops - made a phase 1 mistake

My husband and I just started the sbd on wed. I read on the daily dish that some of the food lists had been revised and I read it wrong. I thought it said that carrots were now allowed from phase 1 . I have had 2 carrots grated on my salads and my husband has had 4 or 5.

Do you think that we have completely messed up our diet or do you think that as we are only on day three that we should still lose weight?

TIA,

Lorna xx
Old 01-23-2004, 07:52 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

BIG carrots!? Or do you mean those little things?
I'm sure you'll be fine, Lorna... don't worry about it. (just don't do it again, huh? )
Old 01-23-2004, 10:06 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

And welcome to The Beach! Pull up a towel and visit on the daily chat.
Old 01-24-2004, 08:12 AM   #4  
Imagine...

I think for it to hamper your weight loss you would have to eat a ton of them
Old 01-24-2004, 01:06 PM   #5  
sparklew

Hi Ya'll I just found out that my sugarfree mints Icebreakers has malitrol and maltodextrine which is made from corn and lots of carbs. I'm a hairstrlist and skin therepist and my breath has to be sweet. Any sugestions on what I CAN use . I'm not allowed gum at work. Also I have only lost 4 pounds and I started the diet 12 days ago. I have been faithful all the time and excersise as much as I can. Any ideas besides the mints what I'm doing wrong? Also this is weird. I hoped on the scales this morning and I weighed 136 . I had 3 cups of coffee with splinda and fatfree half and half.This is gross but I had a bowel movement and I hoped on the scales again and I had gained 4 lbs . How is that possible? I know my scales are right. Three cups of coffee doesn't weight 4 lbs. Help!!!!
Old 01-24-2004, 01:23 PM   #6  
WW Moderator

Don't focus so much on the scales. I have some very good scales, but they also do strange things sometimes! I have been known to lose a pound or two after a shower. Doctor slide scales are the most accurate. Depending on how big your cups of coffee were, you may have more water weight on you than you think. I think I heard at a WW meeting a long time ago that a 12 ounce glass of water shows as a pound on the scales. If I were you, I would pick a set time to weigh, and do not vary it. You want to see fat loss anyway, not waste lost.

4 pounds in less than 2 weeks is very good for a woman of your weight. You weigh less, so your weight loss will be slower. I know it doesn't seem fair for a lighter woman to work as hard as a heavier woman, but everyone will slow down as they get lighter. Just be patient, it all adds up!

Blitz mints are sugar free. They are a UK mint, but I have seen them online at lowcarb stores in the US.
Closed Thread