Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 11:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Weigh in at home 11/10- 11/16

Hi all,

Missy - Welcome! Please jump in and join us whenever you can!

I had a decent weekend. I used flex points Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but I still have some to play around with. Yesterday was a bit of a rough day with some family problems that cropped up and while I managed to avoid stuffing my face with candy, we did end up going out to eat and I had a burger, fries and a beer. Why do I still act like eating a burger is going to make everything better? Ah well, my sneek peak this morning was good, so hopefully I've avoided damage. My focus on milk, fruits and veggies this weekend was non-existent, so I have to get in gear with that.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 11-10-2003, 09:28 PM   #2  

Missy - Welcome!

Carla - Sorry to hear about the family problems. I hope they are not too serious! I had to laugh (just a little) at what you said about when would you learn that a burger and fries isn't going to make anything better. I'm still trying to learn that. Sometime I thnk I've finally got it and then I do it all over again! Ah well, I guess we just have to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, forgive ourselves and go on. I'm glad to hear that your sneak peek was good. I'm sure you'll do well.

The spa was great - I did a ton of walking and yoga, had lots of laughs with my cousin and the WW meeting crew and ate some very yummy (but portion controlled and light) food. My cousin and I went "off" just a bit - we bought ourselves a couple of light beers to have while we watched the eclipse. Even so, it was a very OP, healthykind of weekend. I feel a bit renewed - a couple of my WW friends have also been a bit off program and were looking at the weekend as a way to get back on track too - so far so good. I've used a couple of FP's today but also got in an upper body strength workout. I'm trying to limit my non-fruit/veggie snacking to just a couple of points - I did so-so tonight but will try to improve as the week goes on. Tomorrow should be an easier day as I am off for Veteran's Day and instead of throwing a Smart Ones in my lunch box (I just didn't feel like making anything) I can make myself a nice egg white omelet and salad for lunch that will leave me more points in the evening.

No weigh in numbers but I *will* be weighing in this Saturday, no matter what!
Have a great one,
Judy
Old 11-11-2003, 01:39 PM   #3  

Hi all.

Judy - I think that sometimes it just takes too much energy, when we're stressed adn expending energy towards whatever is stressing us, to remember that food is not the answer. Autopilot kicks in while the brain is distracted with other matters. Thanks for the good wishes. It looks like my sister is going to be involved in a ugly custody battle for her kids. She and my BIL are not divorced or even legally seperated. She wanted him to move out, he refused, they agreed to live in the same house and live their separate lives until her youngest (10 yo) is out of high school and then while she was away at a business conference last week he took the boys out of school, moved them into his parents house, and enrolled them in school there (about an hour away from where they live). The oldest went back home with her last night, my BIL said he would bring the youngest two back in a couple of days and now he informs her that there is a temporary custody hearing on Friday for the younger two. It's a very sad situation and the saddest part is now the boys are going to learn some very hard things about their father that they wouldn't have had to know about if he hadn't pulled this. I'm glad to hear that your weekend away at the spa was nice. Sounds like it recharged you. I join you in trying to keep my snacks limited to healthy ones.

I did ok yesterday. I used up some more flex points last night, but I still have 7 left and this is the last day of my week, so I'm in much better shape than the last couple of weeks. My sneek peak this morning wasn't as good as the last couple of days, but I'm retaining water, so I'll work to flush that out of my system. Tomorrow I have lunch out with a friend and then I may be travelling out to Virginia for the hearing on Friday, so this could be a very challenging week.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Carla
Old 11-12-2003, 12:01 AM   #4  

Hi everyone!

I am switching from low carb to WW. I lost over 100 lbs on WW years ago and it crept back on after 15 years. An abusive relationship didn't help! but I am back on track I hope. I lost 70 lbs just with portion control and exercise, but then I have been at my current weight for over a year and 1/2. I went on the Atkins diet with my new boyfriend and lost 15 lbs that I had gained back, so still down 70 from my original weight. Atkins was fine, but I need more carbs and my portion control was out of control. Eating 20-30 carbs can be alot of calories!!!!!!! So I am going back to WW. I joined WW online and am going to try that. Attending meetings just is not going to fit in to my schedule right now, and I just need the parameters of how much I can eat, like points, to help me! I will try to jump in and join everyone!

Lilybutt
Old 11-12-2003, 01:57 PM   #5  

Lilybutt - Welcome! Let us know how you like WW online.

Carla - I am so sorry to hear about the problems your sister is having. It *is* and sad situation. It's amazing to me what some people will do about things having to do with their kids that end up being so hurtful to their kids. I hope your BIL comes to his senses! I think you are absolutely right about auto pilot kicking in. I'm giong to have to be sure that doesn't happen to me today. The passenger door on my car (which is only 3 years old!) is all messed up and I can't use it. That's better than this morning when it wouldn't close but now I have to climb in and out of the passenger side! We are taking it in to the dealer this evening and they will try to fix it tomorrow. In the meantime, I'll use Tony's car for work and school tomorrow but that leaves him stranded. I doubt I'll be able to get a loaner from dealer. It's a lot of aggravation and I shudder to think how much it will cost. Nevertheless, I'll try to remember that eating won't get it fixed any quicker or cost any less! At least I got up early this morning and did an interval workout - that helped earn a couple of AP's and now I don't have to try to do something after work and the car dealer!

Have a great one!
Judy

P.S. Karen - how are you doing??
Old 11-12-2003, 03:45 PM   #6  

Hi all.

Lily - Welcome. I'm doing WW on-line and it has made a world of difference.

Judy - Ah, that's really a bummer about your car. You're right, though, eating isn't going to get it fixed any faster or cheaper. I'll be sending be strong vibes to me. You are so right about parents doing things that just end up hurting their kids. This was so unnecessary. If he just would have agreed to a divorce when my sister wanted it, this all could have been avoided. She wasn't going to ask for full custody, she was perfectly willing to share custody and even do a house share because he has been, up to now a good father. And now this. Last night he told her he wanted to settle it all amicably and not fight for full custody, but at this point I don't trust him a bit.

Karen - How's it going?

I'm logging a maintain for today. I'm a bit disappointed because I had those good sneek peaks, but on the other hand I'm glad it's not a gain. I had lunch at Macaroni Grill and have eaten all my points for the day (dessert was involved), but I'm super full, so I'll just be using a few flex points for a sandwich this evening.

Have a great afternoon/evening.

Carla
279.6/262.2/145
Old 11-13-2003, 01:23 PM   #7  
Canadian, eh?

Hi Everyone,

Haven't entirely fallen off the face of the earth, it just feels like it sometimes!

Carla - so sorry to hear about the problems your sister is having. Hope all will be well for her soon. Good for you for maintaining this week, and how right you are about forgeting that stuffing a hamburger into our faces won't make things better.

Judy - the spa sounds great, glad you had a nice weekend away. Too bad about your car door!

Lilybutt & Missy - welcome, hope you'll join us often!

Still haven't pulled myself back on the wagon, but I'm doing okay. My back is killing me today - yesterday I was signing forms at my desk and it started spasming for no apparent reason. I came home and iced it yesterday afternoon. Couldn't find a comfy sleeping position last night, and today it's slightly better but still very sore. Moan, groan. I've been maintaining for the last three or four weeks, I need to get back into the right headspace...I guess I'll start by going to get myself a big glass of water.

talk soon...
Karen
Old 11-14-2003, 02:53 PM   #8  

Hi all.

Karen - Good to see you! I'm sorry to hear about your back. When you can't get comfortable, no matter what position you're in, that's the worst. I hope your feeling better soon. I think you deserve a big pat on the back for maintaining over the past few weeks. Just think of how much more you're doing right than you are wrong, and I bet a lot of it is instinctive. So don't feel badly about not being 100 back on the wagon. Let the success of maintaining give you the oomph you need to be back on program.

Judy - I hope you've been able to get your car in and fixed with the minimum of hassle.

I managed to not use any flex points yesterday, which was good because I certainly used them on Wednesday. However, I'm going into the weekend with 26 flex points left, so I'm in good shape. I've been doing good so far today with fruits and veggies and milk and I have dinner all planned out. I'm making point friendly patty melts. I love patty melts and they're pretty easy to do in a WW friendly way. No particular challenges coming up this weekend, thank goodness, so I hope I'll be in good shape for a nice loss next week. (Although I'be been retaining water.... better spend the weekend guzzling.)

Have a great weekend.

Carla
Closed Thread