South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 02:03 PM   #1  

Thumbs up Sick of salads!

Hi Fellow Beachers~ I am in week 3, Phase 1 (cheating got out of control and I am not content with a 5 lb loss so continuing Phase 1) and I am sick sick sick of salads! Whether I make them, buy the bagged salad or vary the restaurant, UGH!! And I am pretty much getting tired of vegi's (and I don't like 'weird' sorry! stuff like asparagus, etc and don't even know what chick peas are or if we have them in northern rural America)....on the other hand, I am not CRAVING anything.
Please offer your advice if you have some on varying my WOE.
Thanks
jenyne
Old 11-04-2003, 02:33 PM   #2  
Imagine...

How about homemade beef stew or chicken soup. You get meat & the veggies are some what disguised. Or try LF ham wrapped around a mozzarella sticks dipped in mustard. Lets see what else do I eat.....Chili, egg or tuna salad, meatballs & sauce, fish, turkey, lean roast beef, omelets.... thats all I can think of right now.
Old 11-04-2003, 04:13 PM   #3  

We can learn to eat anything if we really want to. I'd try a different veggie once a week. Sometimes its the preparation that makes us dislike a veggie. When I was growing up, veggies were cooked until mush and I hated them. Now I steam them just tender crisp and love them all. My husband can't stand spinach or greens that have been cooked, but loves them raw. Pickled veggies are also a whole new thing. Any kind of bean is very good - protein and lots of fiber. Chick Peas are also called garbonzo beans. They are good toasted in the oven and eaten like a snack or in soups and stews or on salad.
Old 11-04-2003, 05:23 PM   #4  

Thanks so much for the advice so far...I appreciate it....I kinda feel like a grouchy chick on the beach today (sorry).
Sflake, if you wouldn't mind elaborating a bit....the sauce w/ the meatballs, chili, etc.....I guess sauces scare me so would you share what you have in yours?
Thanks bunches,
jenyne
Old 11-05-2003, 06:17 AM   #5  
Mous

Check out the alloweed foods list and be creative.

Go to the recipe section and see if there is anything there that looks good.

Research on the web for recipes for the SBD.

ME
Old 11-05-2003, 07:44 AM   #6  
Imagine...

Jenyne~ I use jar sauce, Classico is low in sugar & carbs. You can also use Hunts in the can and doctor it up with spices. For the chili I use the hunts sauce, some salsa, meat, beans & spices like chili powder, cummin, cayanne pepper, salt & pepper, onion & garlic powder. Use what ever you like. I am not much of a cook so I tend to use as much pre made stuff as possible...just read the labels.

Edited to add: I think Newmans own is low in sugar & carbs also. not sure if you can find those in your area but thats what I use.

Last edited by sflake; 11-05-2003 at 07:49 AM.
Old 11-06-2003, 03:17 PM   #7  

Thanks for the info sflake! Much appreciated.
Susan, thanks for the pickled vegi idea, I got some today instead of salad
jenyne
Old 11-08-2003, 12:44 AM   #8  

Today I bought an Olive Tapenade...
It's an olive chunky olive oil spread but a few spoonfuls of it on a lettuce leaf and I actually felt satisfied as a snack. I found it in the deli section and I know they sell it at Costco...
Probably would be good in a celery stalk too! Low carb... no sugars. They say on the label good on steamed veggies but haven't tried it.
I also keep deviled eggs in the fridge... for 'snackage'
Keep the faith!!! It works!
Closed Thread