Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 10:55 AM   #1  

Default ah ha

I figured out why my poor leg was going numb when I was laying down or whatever. When I took off my stomach binder I did much better last night. In the past if I've worn support panties and they were too tight it would make my back hurt. DUH, I should've remembered that.

I was sitting there thinking about it this morning. This acid/gas thing is driving me nuts my hubby went to get me some pepcid, the Dr. was giving me that in the hospital, maybe I'll also have him pick some lactose free milk. I wondered how I would tolerate milk after surgery.
Old 10-26-2003, 11:11 AM   #2  

What is a binder and what are they supposed to do? PUrpleroses, you are sounding fairly chipper for being so newly out of the hospital. I am still waiting for the Dr.'s office to call me, so I am quietly going nutso.
Old 10-26-2003, 01:22 PM   #3  

It's a long piece of stretchy material that I put around my stomach and it has to be snug. I have to wear it when I walk around. But I'm finding that I feel better without it

I'm feeling a bit more chipper but I think I over did it a bit earlier so off to the chair for me
Old 10-26-2003, 05:31 PM   #4  

Take it easy, purpleroses!!! You have just had major surgery. Rest, walk, sip and relax. I think when I first came home I took two naps a day.

glad your surgery went well and that you are home. Thank your dh for us for posting concerning you. That was very nice of him and we appreciate it.

hope the gas thing lets up for you!!!!!

peach
Old 10-27-2003, 09:57 AM   #5  

Purplerose Take it easy you have just had major surgery. Your body will also tell you what you need. REST REST REST Grammy
Old 10-27-2003, 12:12 PM   #6  

trust me I rest plenty but when my leg is numb and burning then I get up to try to get the flow going again. My back is also killing me but hopefully that will get better.

I really could use a body massage, oh just the thought makes me melt
Old 10-28-2003, 11:15 PM   #7  
Old Cackler

i've heard those binders are uncomfortable, and i doh't know anyone from my support group who's had to wear one.

how's the lactaid milk doing for you???
Old 10-29-2003, 08:48 AM   #8  

actually I'm still using regular milk and I'm doing fine with it

I was on the scale this morning and I've lost 25 pounds happy dance time, if only I could dance
Old 10-29-2003, 09:58 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sounds like you are recovering well.
My dear doctor friend told me that the body heals itself ONLY when we are asleep so enjoy as many naps as you can stand.
Closed Thread