Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 07:55 AM   #1  

Default Are you happy with your weight loss?

Just thinking about this topic. What do you think?

When I started, I wanted to lose the weight as fast as possible. Then I shifted my focus to eating vegan rather than to dieting. For the past two weeks, I've lost half a pound each. On one hand, I want to be thin now, on the other hand, I'm glad I'm not obsessing and eating way too little, like I have in the past to lose weight.

So I'm sure I will get more of the NOW NOW NOW thoughts over the next 68 weeks or so. But the trade-off to losing weight slowly, I guess, is getting a new habit that will stick.

AR
Old 10-17-2003, 09:30 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Geepers, Aqua. You've really set me back. 68 weeks, huh? I was thinking that maybe I could lose 40 pounds by tomorrow.

I AM happy with my weight loss. I've lost 12 pounds (up 3, damnit) over the summer, which is more than I've lost in a couple of years. I KNOW I can do South Beach...it's doable for me. I just have to get back on track.

Thanks for the reminder, hon...
Old 10-17-2003, 09:48 AM   #3  

I fully expect to wake up tomorrow morning and be done with 'dieting' forever. I'm down 50 lbs in 7.5 months, and it's seemed to slow down from how I lost in the beginning. It's really frustrating to me.

On the other hand, I don't want to lose it in an unhealthy manner. I'd rather it comes off gradually and stays off, than drop 3 or 4 lbs every week and have it return.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:45 PM   #4  
Fighter

I'm happy with my weight loss, overall (though I still have more to lose) but I'm not too happy with the speed, or lack thereof. I lost the first 14 in a month on Atkins, then got stuck for a month and a half or so. Then I lost another 4 on South Beach, and now I'm stuck again. I am losing inches, which is encouraging; and I know I'm doing all the right things -- eating on plan foods, exercising regularly (cardio and strength training) and my calories (even though I don't need to count them) are between 1300-1600 every day. So I'm confident that it WILL come off, I just wish it would happen faster. :-D
Old 10-17-2003, 02:46 PM   #5  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I am pretty happy with my loss so far I am only 13lbs away from my goal but I keep falling off the wagon - I have only myself to blame for not being able to resist buttertarts.

I am determined to stay OP this weekend.

Although I am happy with my loss I really need to get back on track with my exercising as I have been slacking off in that department lately again I have only myself to blame!

My goal is to become a WW lifetime member by January 1, 2004! (eep! now that i have put it in writing I better do it!)

Time to get my tush back in gear
Old 10-17-2003, 03:09 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, I was hoping to be in the 180s by now but other crap got in the way. At any rate I am very happy to weigh much less than I did when I joined 3FC many moons ago.
Old 10-17-2003, 03:12 PM   #7  
Imagine...

Ellis & Mauvais ~ Get with the PROGRAM you can do it!

Yes I am very happy, as this is the most weight I am down. I have shed 20 lbs. since July! It is coming off slower now and that means more work at it. But I will push on & be patient.
Old 10-17-2003, 04:52 PM   #8  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

You people are much too freaking happy.

No, I'm not happy with my weightloss. I'm grumpy and p'ed off. I STILL have the mindset that if I did yoga yesterday and didn't eat any cookies, my body should shed 10 pounds in sheer sympathy!!! Worse is when I stick to my very livable diet plan and I lose 3 pounds in a week and then the next week, I don't have time to plan or something throws me off and I gain it all back. I took off about 20 pounds right away and then, I never lost a pound again and that was about a year ago. Holy crap, that's depressing.

No, I'm not happy. I'm grumpy and depressed. And pouting. Anybody got a cookie?
Old 10-17-2003, 07:17 PM   #9  

*Pours a libation of cookie dough in honor of the goddess*

That is exactly how I felt two weeks ago. And I know I'll go there again. But hey, look at you. Down 43 lbs. That's pretty damn good.

AR
Old 10-18-2003, 12:46 AM   #10  
WW Moderator

I wasn't happy with my weight loss at all until this morning. I lost like 8 pounds or so on Atkins in a month, then I didn't lose anything for 2 months, then I dropped like .5 pounds a week for a while, and it was totally frustrating, and then started SBD last week and lost 4 finally, but I'm left wondering if the same thing will happen that did on Atkins, etc...but anyway, I realized this morning that I have lost 13.5 pounds since the middle of the summer, so it is really better than I thought! Still very slow, but I am better off than I was on the first of July.

68 weeks sure sounds like a long time, but ya know, 68 weeks will come and go by whether you lose the weight or not, so might as well stick with it!
Closed Thread