View Poll Results: Do you suffer from any food intolerances? (No details required! )
Yes 11 45.83%
No 13 54.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2001, 05:52 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

morning dahlings!

first, a wee note to all those who expressed an interest in meeting up IN REAL LIFE sometime someplace next year. i just sent you guys an email message. if anyone else is interested in finding out about this then let me know. we're doing it via email cos a bit more secure (as you know, anyone can read these posts). just drop me a line at [email protected] and i'll forward you the message. everyone from this group is more than welcome, we just thought it'd be fun to actually see each other in the flesh. unfortunately you'll have to fund yourself, but maybe WW magazine would do a special on it!?

secondly, i'm doing amazingly well at going to the gym right now. i think i'm addicted. to that and the veggie sushi from sainsbury's. yum... but brenda mentioned something about running and dodgy knees. i'm worried about my joints as well, so i do take it fairly easy and i wear decent shoes. maybe you should ask a doctor what they reckon about running. if in doubt, don't do it, stick to walking/swimming or other low impact stuff.

well done on the land deal tonya! well done any losers. tsk tsk any gainers!
ali - i met my b/f when i was about 10 pounds from goal. when we were out one night (drinking, what a surprise!) he pulled at the top of my trousers and said they weren't mine cos they were practically falling off me. i just shrugged and said i used to be a "big, fat bloater" but i'm ok now! we just joke about it. i tell him that he should appreciate my body cos he's the first to see it. (poor old ex b/f's got the padded version). he's totally cool about it and it isn't an issue.

hope you are all well, i'll come back and post more later.

kirsty
Old 03-20-2001, 07:50 AM   #2  
Running Babe

D'oh my pictures scanned out really badly so I am going to have re-scan them. They make me look really bad. Oh well.

Kirsty: I told the person I wanted to tell last night, he was really good about it so I was happy. I guess I still have issues about myself and guys, I guess most aren't as shallow as I once thought

Anyhoo, I hope everyone has a good day!

Ali
Old 03-20-2001, 08:12 AM   #3  

Morning everyone...OK-so I did pretty well at dinner last night-I went into it with 18 points and we got swordfish and scallops and shrimp....but I'm sure I went over a little bit anyway I'll just have to exersize extra hard today...hope everyone else is on track...I have to say that thinking of all of you helped keep me in line!!!Thanks for the encouragement.
Happy Tuesday...went apt hunting a little bit yesterday-Boston area rents are insane!!! If I had any kind of money for a downpayment it would be so much cheaper to buy..It kills me to throw away so much money in rent....oh well-on to drinking water today
Old 03-20-2001, 08:37 AM   #4  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Default Good morning!

Hi all!

Kim - thanks for doing the happy dance for me... I'm sure you burned a couple calories doin that Just kidding.

Ali - wow - almost 100 pounds! What an inspiration. Did something just click? what helped you most - exercise, WW - I'd love to know your secret.

I've often wondered that too about boys. Do we tell them. I mean they are bound to see old pictrues of us (I'm speaking in future tense after I've lost 100 pounds too). I'm afraid that they'll think it's inevitable that we'll gain it back. I don't know. I've thought about that.

You're right - it shoudln't matter. I'd wait until either he sees a picture or until you feel comfortable enough with him to share that. If he's worth anything he'll be proud of you and supportive.

Ladies - have a good one.

Lisa
Old 03-20-2001, 09:36 AM   #5  

Happy Tuesday!!

Ali ~ Hats off to you! Forgive me, I haven't ever looked at your stats before, but, WOW!!! You are an inspiration to me too, so much weight gone forever!!!

Kirsty ~ I know what you mean about the gym, I am finally getting back into being obsessed with working out. It is a good feeling!!

Hi to Tilley, LoriD, and everyone else!!! (I am not about to list the names, there are so many of us now, and I don't want to forget anyone!!)

Well, I stuck to it yesterday and fulfilled all my goals. I ate 18-20 pts yesterday, drank 80 oz. of water, walked over my lunch break and when to the gym last night and did the weights for 20 minutes and walk another 3 miles. I feel terrific today, definately going to keep it up today!!!!

Here are my goals for today:

1. Eat within my point range, perferably 18-20 pts.
2. Drink 80 oz of water today.
3. Walk 2 miles over my lunch break.

Thanks for bearing with me while I post my goals, I think I need to do this every once in a while to help me succeed!

Well, back to work, check in later!!
Old 03-20-2001, 10:37 AM   #6  
Fudgesicle Freak!!

Default Good Morning!!

HI Everyone, just thought I would check in quickly, my internet server has been down since Friday!!!! They said that for some reason I am logged on to 2 servers and that the modem gets confused as to which one to go to......BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!! I tried logging on at work yesterday but I got a message saying it was an illegal site...but today it is working fine. I am swamped today, both my supervisors are away and I'm running the show.....I will try and get in a proper post once I am back on line at home!!!!! Hope everyone had a good start to the week Good Luck to all that WI tonight....
Have a great day

Steph
Old 03-20-2001, 11:05 AM   #7  
Eve's Mom

Default Happy first day of SPRING!!

Hello......I am doing good today - last night I just made dinner, vegged with b/f and went to bed, but it was a very relaxing night...tonite, packing....no good!! YIKES I dread it...but I am working through lunch to leave early, take my dogs for a good walk and pack until I am blue in the face.

I am glad everyone is so motivated lately!

I am so into getting together soon!! Kirsty, I emailed already!!

Well, as usual, I am insanely busy - in my own apt. I can hook up my modem and do some of this from home!! YAY!! CAn't wait...this at work thing isn't working very well.

Think I am going to WI tomorrow night or Thurs night (when not packing....)

Have a good day and I'll check in later!!

Belle
Old 03-20-2001, 11:18 AM   #8  
Fudgesicle Freak!!

Belle, I am with you on the packing...moving day for me is on Saturday B/F and I got pretty much everything done on Sunday, but it is just me to do all the last minute "things" I just want to load everything into a garbage bag and then start fresh!!!! When do you move???? I'll be thinking about you!!!!
I forgot to ask this question earlier....everyone has been talking about Brigette Jones, I tried to find her book this weekend but I had no luck, can someone tell me the name of her book and if I am spelling her name correctly??? Thanks so much

Steph
Old 03-20-2001, 11:21 AM   #9  
Scotland's finest export

"bridget jones's diary" is the first book.
the second one is called "bridget jones: the edge of reason".
they are both by helen fielding. hope that helps.
Old 03-20-2001, 11:23 AM   #10  
Running Babe

Okay, I am sticking in some pics

Before:
Old 03-20-2001, 11:24 AM   #11  
Running Babe

Okay after #1
Old 03-20-2001, 11:33 AM   #12  
Scotland's finest export

Default wow

ali - what a difference - you look amazing!
Old 03-20-2001, 11:35 AM   #13  
Running Babe

Okay there you guys go! I hope I am not messing up too many of your browsers. The first pic was taken in 1998 when I was about 250+ lbs and the second was taken this past weekend. The quality isn't perfect but I am sure you can get the idea.

Lori: yeah I am also moving into an expensive city this year (though not as expensive as Boston), so I'll be having loads of fun. mmmmmm I love shrimp!

Lisa: It took time and patience and getting the right combination of eating right/exercise and mental attitude. I understand your hesitation completely though about telling guys, those are my fears too (about a guy thinking I'll just gain it back or whatever).

Tonya: Thank You You're pretty much at goal now right? How did you find maintanance, I am a little nervous about starting that (though happy at the same time).

Kirsty: That's so cool about your boyfriend. How long have you been at goal anyway?

Hello to Belle, Stephanie and to everyone else

Here's my drugged out make-up model pic (as my mom and best friend called it
Old 03-20-2001, 11:48 AM   #14  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Lori - I'm from Boston too! Cool.

Tonya, wow - you too are an inspiration. You've made quite an accomplishment!

And Ali - oh my god! You look like a totally different person. Has anyone not recognized you? Well, you look great. You looked great before too. I can't get over those pictures. I hope to have some before and after pictures myself one day.

I went to the hip hop class again last night. I'm telling you - I'm making a total fool of myself. It's like a scene straight from a comedy movie. But you know what - I'm having fun. And as long as I'm not endangering any other of the attendees I'm gonna keep going and making a fool of myself

To the rest.... have a good afternoon!

Tilley
Old 03-20-2001, 12:10 PM   #15  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Girls, TOM is here with a vengence. I am exhausted and Blah. I am bummed b/c I was on pts all wk. (except Sat and Sun. but I made up for it with exercise and banking) and TOM came last night. I am supposed to WI tomorrow and was expecting a big loss. I weighed at work today and I am down a little more than a pd. but my question is should I go WI tomorrow or take a wk off? What do you guys do? Sometimes I hate being a girl
Trish- Thanks for the encouragement yesterday. I managed to finish the day on the low side of my point range.
Tanya- I am impressed at your will power with the Cinnabon this weekend. They are evil I managed to make up for the set back though.
Lisa-Congrats on the 2 1/2 pds!!!!
Ali- I would either bring a friend or meet in a highly public place and drive seperately. But hey that's me and I am a paranoid lunatic. I think I have seen one too many scary movies Your pics are great wow! I am inspired, truly.
Kim-Good job getting rid of the cookies or at least attempting too. It is good that your mindset has changed. Even though you ate 3 if you are anything like this sweets addict before it would have been the box
Kirsty-You crack me up! The "padded" version
I too am loving exercise. I missed my aerobic class on sat. and I felt yucky all day. I truly MISSED it!

Well girls have to go to lunch. We are having another in service where they bring fattening food. AHHHH Oh well
Please let me know what all of you do when it is that TOM?
Love Becky
Closed Thread