South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 06:15 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Just Chat - Wednesday, October 1

At last! A new month! September was pretty awful in many ways and I even gained two pounds although weight was the least of my worries! I expect to be firmly back in ONEderland by the end of this month and NO Halloween candies!

It's still pitch black here and the deck cushions are wet so we'll be coffeeing at the kitchen table again. The Girls have pottied and broken their fast and are now asleep again on the couch in the back room. Good thing I invested in a washable slipcover for that couch when I got it reupholstered. I can whip it off when we have company - or when I spill my coffee because a dog has lept onto my lap.

The dentist crowned me yesterday. Can you see the flash of gold when I smile? The tooth looks too pretty to be way in the back. I may get it moved forward or get a little window installed in my cheek for viewing! Anyhow the darn thing is done and the freezing is finally out. Never try to eat a piece of crusty (whole wheat) bread when your mouth is frozen. I chomped my own inner lip! Ouch!

Today Hershey and I go to her job. The clients want to see pictures of Hersh with her puppies so I'll scan and print off a few. I also have to work in some bigtime grooming for my Girl as she has been investigating the cedar hedge and has little bits in her curls. She certainly is still a real dog despite her awards and good manners!

Chili for dinner tonight with a salad! I love having stuff like that in the freezer.

What's happening with you this first day of a new month?
Old 10-01-2003, 06:36 AM   #2  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Got room for one more at the table Ruth? I don't mind a bit of doggie fluff...I'm used to it!

I didn't even get to check in and chat yesterday. I am trying to get stuff done around the house...and the time has to come from somewhere!

I finally started a sewing project. Matching tropical print camp shirts for DH and DS! I have the fabric to make 3 sets of shirts...now if I can come up with the time! I thought my guys would look so cute in matching shirts for dinner on our cruise!

October will be a month of planning and packing for me, I'm afraid. Not a bad thing, but enough to keep me busy.

Gosh, before we know it Halloween will be here! Oh great...another sewing project!

Have a great day!
Old 10-01-2003, 07:21 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Ruth, I am SO busy this morning. You know. But I always have time for a coffee with you, my sweet.

Franny, congratulations on starting those sewing projects!

I got on the scale this morning, and found I'd gained five pounds overnight. (don't tell me not to weigh every day. It's for this express reason that I DO weigh everyday)
Oh, gawd. I'm really losin' it. I mean gaining. I've GOT to get my act back together.

Here's to a new month! A new us! A new attitude!

love you all...
Old 10-01-2003, 07:34 AM   #4  
Mous

Ho Hum!

Hi and Bye!

Marcie
Old 10-01-2003, 07:46 AM   #5  
Imagine...

Morning

Ahhh the life of a dog. They have it made don't they? Not much going on here, just happy for the new month. I didn't get to exercise this am as I was to snuggly to get out of bed early. Will take the dog to the beach after work today.

Ellis what in the world is going on? Get it together girl!

Tonight will be the start of my new cooking thingy. I am trying 1 new thing new each week to see if I can improve my cooking skills Iwill try to cook salmon. If it turns to ccrap we will have omeletes.

Have a warm & cozy day hugs to all!
Old 10-01-2003, 09:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

Ruthie, I'm with you when you say no Halloween candy. I'm afraid to get any even to give out because I know I would have to test each one. Ya know to make sure it's safe fer the kids and all Gee your dinner sounds good....maybe I'll join ya?

Franny, I wish I was able to sew. It sounds like fun, but a lot of work. I don't have patience when it comes to sewing. I remember in h.s. having a home economics class and we had to sew sweatshirts. Mine didn't turn out too bad, but ....er.....there was no place for my arms? I sewed them shut. Oh yeah....that was the first hint that I do not need a sewing machine

Ellis, I am in the same boat as you. I really try NOT to weigh every day, but the scale just jumps out and says I dare ya to get me today But your right, it's a new month and let that scale know that we will win

sflake, wanna come on over to my house and teach me some cooking skills Then again I guess I could try too. We just got new batteries for the smoke alarm so I'm all set

Have a good one
Old 10-01-2003, 10:43 AM   #7  

Hi all!

Just a quick hello and HAPPY OCTOBER to you all!

Ruth, buy Halloween candy that is awful! Something you hate! I've tried other ideas but nothing else works for me. I even tried putting Snickers, etc. in the freezer so I wouldn't eat them...BTW, they're delicious frozen!!!

Franny - I LOVE the idea of matching tropical shirts! You are so clever! My DH and DS sometimes wear matching blue oxfords with kahkis when we go out...but I never even thought of the tropical look! Love it!!! Will you take orders for $$$?

Ellis - I put my scale in the basement so it was difficult to get there and out of sight. I still get there (tripping over storage crud) too often. I have, however, found that if I step on the very outside edges of my scale, I weigh 2 lbs less!!! Cheers to the whole new beginning thing!!! I'm in!

SFlake - I love to cook, but don't know what to make!!! Usually, I just make the same old stuff and a mess!!! I try to keep it quite simple, and guess at the ingredients rather than follow recipies. Guess it's kinda creative that way. Last night I tried to make chili but didn't know how! I made something delicious, but it was definately not chili!! How do you made the conversions for the SBD plan from regular recipies.

Would somebody please get a chili recipie up in the recipie thread???

Marcie - So ho hum, hun? cheer up lovely lady!!! We all adore you!

Hugs!
Old 10-01-2003, 11:13 AM   #8  
Work in Progress

Good Morning,
It is a lovely cool morning here in LA. Feeling grateful to be able to wake up and have light and a coffee machine to start my day. The power outage yesterday was not fun.

I have so much work to do, working from home and for yourself definatley has its good points, but you slack for a little bit (not feeling well and the holiday last week) and WHAM your working til midnight.....

Ruth - a little doggy fluff never hurt anyone....the best therapy in the world in my opinion, sits on four legs and jumps in glee when you walk into the room, my guy has changed my life.

Franny-I have to admit how wonderfully jealous I am that you can sew so well, I can sew pillows and hems, but the last time that I sewed a shirt, the sleeves were different sizes!!

Ellis- I weigh everyday, but I look at one day a week to mark my progress. So, whatever I weigh on Friday is what I look at overall. It is interesting to watch how your body reacts, I gained a pound from yesterday, but I had peanut butter last night, so it most likely is water.....October is a new month!!

Marci--your avatar just makes me relax, love it!!!

sflake---I left you a receipe for poached salmon, but salmon is great with just the butter, dill and lemon. I like it particulary leftovers thrown on a salad with a lowfat creamy dressing...Salmon is VERY good for you.

I always buy candy and cakes filled with coconut...I am very allergic to coconut and it saves me tons of piggy moments!!

Morning to the rest of you!!
Old 10-01-2003, 11:28 AM   #9  
Imagine...

Rowan~ I am gonna try it tonight it sounds great. Thanks and I'll let ya know how I make out with it.

J&L~ I am the last one to ask about cooking as my skills are greatly lacking. I am trying to improve them, I usually make the same old stuff too. Thats how I got fat way too much pizza & takeout I am starting to try 1 new thing a week, with the hope of getting better at cooking and getting rid of the ho-hum dinners. who knows we might end up haveing eggs if my salmon adventure goes a wry.
Old 10-01-2003, 02:50 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Back from Hersh's job. The pictures were a big hit with the clients. I printed big ones and they are putting them up on the bulletin board. Next week they will bring pictures of their dogs so we will have quite a collection.

I changed the dinner menu to beef stew - also pre-made - because tomorrow we go to Ottawa and chili can sometimes have some repercussions, so to speak!

Now I am going to have a nap and then practice some piano. This is one of those days when I just adore being retired! Are you jealous?
Old 10-01-2003, 09:53 PM   #11  
Member Florida Chick

Ruthie: I'm here for a night cap. I can never make it for coffee. At least a glass of wine while you are playing the piano, would be nice as I enjoy the concert.

Ellis: I think your scale got broken overnight, or you ate chinese with lots of Sodium. That is what makes me gain overnight. Anyway it is a new day, a new month and it'll will go away. Just forget the Bridgemix!

Sflake: I broil my salmon. As a matter of fact I like the recipe in the SBD book. With the Rosemary. Try that one. I made the meatloaf from the book, but it was much too bland for us. The sauce was good and that was all that saved it. If I were to make it again, I'd have to add a lot of spices to the mix.

Frannie: Your tropical shirts sound like a cute idea. You will get your picture taken on the cruise, often around the table, so you will have a good example to show us when you get back of your handiwork, and your family too.

Time to finish my night cap and hit the sack. A tiring day. Lizzie
Closed Thread