South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 05:11 AM   #1  
Mous

Talking Reflections from the Beach OCTOBER Wednesday

September is only now a memory.

Think back to your September yesterdays.

What were your highs and lows?
How did you react to them?
Did you change anything about them that was positive?
Did you let them get you down?
DId you eat over them?
Did you hold your head up proud?
Did you look in the mirror and like what you saw?
Are you talking things for granted?

Life is what we make of it and how we react.
What we once thought and did is changing.
How we treat others and ourselves is different.
Our thought process is amazing us.

Think back to September and all the trial and tribulations, joys and laughter.
Are you a better person today than yesterday?

If not, you are a work in progress and I am PROUD of you for all your effort.

If you are know that the people who love you, care for you, and the strangers that you meet are better for having you in their lives.

October is here.
What are you going to do to make it a great month?

LIFE IS GOOD!

Have a day filled with memories.

Marcie
Old 10-01-2003, 06:19 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Lovely picture, Marcie.

I'm afraid I am just darn glad September is gone as it was a very trying month for me. However, I am a better person - a bit heavier but mentally better. It's been a major reality check month.

This month I will spend more time enjoying the beauty of the world and try to spend less time worrying about the future. I will also focus on more walking and keep up my healthy eating patterns.

Thanks for the new month.
Old 10-01-2003, 06:21 AM   #3  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Grandma Marcie! Good Morning! And good morning to all my fellow chickies!

September was a strange month for me. My biggest challenge, and one I am still struggling with, was getting this bite guard that essentially makes it impossible for me to chew anything. I had a routine that I liked, knew what to eat, and was just sailing along! But then I had to change EVERYTHING! But instead of just giving up and eating ice cream, pudding and noodles, I persevered. Now, I KNOW that it would have been different a year ago, or even a few months ago. I stuck to exercising and made modifications to my diet...and life went on! I know it sounds like a minor thing, but when you suddenly can't eat what you want and what you are used to...it sure seems like a big deal! I am proud of myself for not just throwing in the towel.

I know September posed unique challenges for all of us. I want to tell you how proud I am of ALL of you! I just can't believe my good fortune to stumble upon this forum, and more specifically, this very special group of people!

I am wishing each of you a wonderful October!
Old 10-01-2003, 07:15 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Happy October, Marcie, dear!

September was misery as far as weight goes. (I got on the scale this morning and I've gained 5 honkin' pounds! )
Otherwise, life is good, and I thank God for it.

Ruthie, this month will be better for you. I see it in my crystal ball.

Franny, congratulations on not throwing in the towel.

love and hugs to all... busy morning...
Old 10-01-2003, 08:02 AM   #5  
Imagine...

September was a lousy month for me too, but I learned something. I am a stress eater, never knew that. So now I will focus on dealing with stress better. You are all so important to me I just want to say thanks!

Ruth you are such a strong woman I admire you. Things have just GOT to get better

Franny & Ellis remember what doesn't kill us just makes us stronger. Hang in there girls.

And Marcie you are right!....Life is good!
Old 10-01-2003, 09:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

Morning everyone! What a cute pic, Marcie

Gee I still can't believe September is gone. Ack! Guess it's time to go upstairs and get my Halloween decorations out and dust them I should stock on some candy too, BUT I know that would be a disaster waitin to happy

September was a pretty good month for me. I've kept up with my walking/exercise and I feel pretty good. Now it's a new month and kick it up a another notch.

Hope everyone has a good day and a great start of a new month
Old 10-01-2003, 09:26 AM   #7  
GARDENING ADDICT

I think that we all agree that October will be a better month~how could it NOT, with all of the wonderful support here!!!!

This month my goals are :
~~To try some new recipies from the recent cookbooks that I bought.

~~Get into an exercise routine including cardio and weights. I have an exercise room downstairs, so there is absolutely no excuse, short of sickness or death.

~~Get rid of my cr*ppy internet service so that I can be here every morning.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:14 AM   #8  

Good morning girls!!!

I actually enjoyed September ... child back to school, weather cooling off ...

Good for you Franny, I would have eaten ice cream or creme brulee!!!

Ms24 ... I buy the candy when it is on sale but leave it in the trunk of my car ... I won't go out to get it even knowing it's there until Halloween night.

Ruth, I'm sure October will be a bit easier, you've done a wonderful job of hanging in there ....

Ellis ... 5 lbs of bridge mix perhaps ???

Great picture Marcie ... I feed the squirrels off my deck in the morning even though everyone yells at me for it ...

Have a good afternoon everyone !!!
Old 10-01-2003, 11:00 AM   #9  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Hello, everybody!

Wonderful topic today, Marcie, hon!
I think we all need reminding that through all our trials and tribulations.......It is good to be alive! It's good to wake up each morning and take a little time to think about what it is about
this life that we're thankful for.

This is my goal for October.....to take the time each day to find one thing that I'm happy about that is going on in my life and write it in my journal. I know that September was especially trying for many of us. But I also know how lucky I feel that I am to have found all of you. This forum has been my motivational force, and has been since about Aug. 20th.
We're all in this WOL together!!! And that's what helps!

And so, to all my Chickie friends , I say........Don't dwell on the crappy past! Let's move on into October with gusto!!!

Have a good beginning day of Oct.!!!!
~Sharon
Old 10-01-2003, 01:19 PM   #10  

Nikiloo: leaving the candy in the trunk of the car is a pretty good idea, except we live in the South. One can never be sure the weather man will get the temp right. We have been having unseasonably cool weather for several weeks (I'm NOT complaining ), but cars + solar energy = melted chocolate.

What about some little toys to give the kids? Instead of candy?

I leave my front porch light off (the only night of the year it's off) and no one comes to my door . Plus, it's not a big "kids populated" area.

Tricia

Last edited by Lavender Fields; 10-01-2003 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:23 PM   #11  

Lavender ... whoops, didn't think of the weather, in Rhode Island it's around 40 by Halloween ... and NO ... kids want candy for Halloween ... sometimes it's the only time of the year they get to eat that much stuff that is soooo bad for them !!! Buy one bag and hope enough kids show that there's none left over (and buy something you hate!!!)
Old 10-01-2003, 09:42 PM   #12  
Member Florida Chick

The night owl is here. Love reading all about each of you.
Marcie: Love the squirrel. And my motto is and has been for a long time live my life "one day at a time". The past is gone, the future is not here, and all I have is today.

There is not pleasure in dwellling on past difficulties. They are over and done with. Life goes on and we need to make the best of every moment we have. It is so important not to beat ourselves up over a lb. gain or a drop back into old habits. It takes a long time to break habits forever. So I just remember every morning is a fresh new start.

See you tomorrow. Lizzie
Closed Thread