South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 06:05 PM   #1  
GamerGirl

Default Hip Hip Horray (I Think)

I have follwed this way of eating for a week faithfully (except I accidently had some Raspberry Ice Tea at a restaurant by error) and I am proud to say I am down 10 pounds in a week. Just wondering if this is normal and will it slow down some now? I only have about 20 to get rid of and I don't want it to come off too fast. Maybe I need to eat more? But I am never hungry. Thanks.

Old 09-21-2003, 08:11 PM   #2  
Fighter

I don't know if it's normal, I wish I lost that much in a week! However, I've noticed that the amount people lose is directly related (for the most part) to how much they have to lose. So, those who have 100 pounds to lose will lose more weight in a week than those who only have 20 pounds to lose. Since you said you only have 20 to lose, I would guess that maybe you have a really fast metabolism or something...???
Old 09-21-2003, 11:37 PM   #3  
GamerGirl

Well we will see what next phase brings. Actually I have an underactive thyroid and take a very small amout of Synthroid for it.
Thanks for your input. Appreciate it.

Old 09-22-2003, 05:41 AM   #4  
Mous

Default CONGRATULATIONS

You must learn to eat 3 meals and 2 snacks.
This keeps your body fueled.
The first Phase shows the most weight loss. Then you will slow from 0-2 pounds a week.
Look to thinking healthy, eating healthy and the rest will be magic...weight loss.

Lady
Old 09-22-2003, 07:33 AM   #5  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Yea for you! You have made a great start towards healthier eating for life! Do make sure you're getting enough to eat...even if you don't feel hungry your body knows when it isn't getting enough and will start to get very stingy with the fat cells!

Good luck...let us know how you are doing!
Old 09-22-2003, 05:05 PM   #6  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Woo Hoo-o-o!!

Way to go! In Phase 2 add some fruits back first, and

just go slowly on adding good carbs back. Remember that this

is a lifestyle....not a diet. We have to adapt to this new WOE

slowly.

Let us know how you do!
Old 09-22-2003, 08:58 PM   #7  

Talking Yay Gamer Girl

Way to go Gamer Girl

I think you and I started being beach chicks on the same day - today is day for me and I have lost 10 pds to date 1 week also -
I have had this happen before when I start a new WOE and then it slows down - but that has been my experience - (wish it didn't slow down ! ) I think it may also depend on your starting weight and when I mentioned it to my R.N she made mention I may be a big "water retainer" but I don't care if it is water or not the numbers are still going down

Please let me know how your next week goes
Old 09-22-2003, 10:05 PM   #8  
In Control: E+R=O

Gamer and Nubby, congratulations on your amazing start!!! Good for you!!
Old 09-22-2003, 10:08 PM   #9  
GamerGirl

THis hug is for all of you that gave me some input and support here on this site.
I think I made an error thinking I was only to be on phase 1 for a week. It is for 2 weeks. But that is fine. I can handle it.

Nubby......Congrats to you too. Great job. I too wouldn't care if it is water or what that is gone. All I know is my clothes fit better and I can see the difference in my body.

Closed Thread